main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO New in town.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by SilverDragon, Feb 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    Okay, so I've been here a few months, but that's still pretty new, right? I'm in the Air Force stationed at Peterson AFB, so I'm still getting to know the area. Don't really know that many people.

Any possible way I can get an introduction from a few of you?

I'm Cory, live in the dorms at Peterson, I'm into mixed martial arts, graphic design, reading, writing, sci-fi/fantasy, paintball, acting, movies, and lots of other things. I'm not so much as a SW addict as I used to be, but I'm still a fan when time permits.

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hey Corey, I'm Sarah. A senior at a local high school. I'm an Army brat so I can get on Pete :D I have issues with the BX though... (long story...)

Uh, what else... Oh yeah! I like art and Star Wars, sewing, computers writing and mochachinos. And driving.

So how do you like the springs so far?

3. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    It's really nice here (too damn cold, but still nice).

I have issues with the BX myself. It's because they have no selection of anything whatsoever: DVD's, Books, Computer stuff, etc.

You're not an officer's daughter are you? You're an evil poisonous viper if you are (no offense, just what we've been told as enlisted men). Of course if your mom or dad is enlisted, it's all good.

BTW, it's Cory (no E) :).

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Sorry about the 'e' :D I get like that when people forget the 'h' on my name.

Oh I guess I am an evil poisonous viper then [face_devil] Trys to look evil My dad's an alumnus of West Point. Trys to look even eviler ;)

And you think it's cold here? Hehe, I guess it can be, but after living in North Dakota for a year, it's nothing... And the weather is pretty fickle. One day its in the 60's then it's freezing out...

5. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    Oh, I can handle the weather changing, I'm from Kansas after all, where "If you don't like the weather, just wait till tomorrow, it'll be different." It's just that I spent the 6 months before I came here in San Antonio for Basic and Biloxi, Mississippi for Tech School...quite a change coming to the mountains :).

Oh, and I guess you're not really a poisonous viper if your dad is retired :).

6. Faceplant

Faceplant Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2000
    Welcome to the group!

I am the resident member of the 501'st. Our members are few here so I piggyback on the Denvers events. I believe we are all part of the Rocky Mountain Fan Force (just look to the west).

7. Faceplant

Aug 6, 2000
    ...Oh, and if you hang out with Jedigirl, bring your snakebite kit. ;)

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    :p *hiss*

Hey, you're the one that made me wanna be an Imp. ;)

9. Faceplant

Aug 6, 2000
    <picks up a chair> Back I say!

That's what I'm here for. To turn people to the dark side. :)

10. _Cerasi_

_Cerasi_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Hi Cory, I'm Steph, an air force brat, graduated homeschool. I haven't been online much lately, or I'd have said hi sooner.

I hate the Peterson BX and Comissary parking. I prefer Ft. Carson...

11. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    The parking isn't the only problem...It's a good thing wal-mart is only like 5-10 minutes away from base...

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yeah, my mom shops more at Wild Oats (a health food store) than at the commisary. And if you go late at night the parking isn't a problem ;)

13. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Wow, it seems like forever ago that I posted this :). Got a whole new nick now and everything :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.