main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Infinities Ideas

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Matthew Trias, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Okay, the Infinities concept has been badly mishandled. Instead of the epic storylines we should be getting, we're getting four issue series of bad fan fiction. Royal Guards with doublebladed lightsabres? Why?!

Why does it seem like they ignore the EU when they plan out Infinities storylines? How about we start taking some of that into account?

How about a ,"What if Vader ruled the Galaxy" storyline? LUke accepted Vader's offer on Bespn and helped Vader overthrow Palpatine. They banish his spirit to the Chaos beyoond death and Vader uses Palpatine's cloning technique to give himself a new body, Vader rules the Galaxy as a iron clad god with his son at his side. Oh, what an epic storyline that could be if done right. The drama. If people thought Palpatine had a perverse desire for order, wait untill they see Emperor Vader. He's a human that can't be human anymore. He'd set outto mechanize the entire galaxy in order to bring about his perverse dream of order.

But the way DH has handled infinities, will probaly get a clone Vader army for the kewlness factor.

So, what do you guys want to see in a new Infinities series?

Oh and they should be longer. Make them
    issue miniseries. At the very least, six. Four isn't enough to develop a story properly.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Make them longer, but I've thought that the storylines were pretty good. Yoda crashing th Death Star into coruscant was interesting. I'd like to see some for TPM and AOTC.

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Why does it seem like they ignore the EU when they plan out Infinities storylines?

Because it wouldnt sell so well. Someone browsing the comic shelves sees "WHAT IF KYP HADNT GONE DARK????" and they'll think "Who?". Not so for "WHAT IF LUKE HAD DIED!!!!!".

And I still stick to what I wish. An infinities ongoing. It begins from the day after ROTJ or similar. Some EU parts are revamped for this, some are kept, some are scrapped. Maybe Thrawn is a longstanding villain, lasting for a long time. Maybe Luke's first student is ET. You get the point :)

*awaits the comments that make Marvel readers look like genius'* ;)

4. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    It doesn't have to have hard core EU stuff. Just a few mentionshereand there.

5. Ben_Max

Ben_Max Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    Here's some:

AOTC--What if Anakin had jumped from the gunship to go back for Padme instead of joining Obi-Wan to fight Dooku?

ANH--What if Obi-Wan escaped from the Deathstar with Luke, Han, and Leia?

TESB--What if Luke had been frozen in carbonite and taken to the Emperor? (This was the first fan fiction story that I wrote)

ROTJ--What if Yoda died before Luke could get to Dagobah and he never speaks with Obi-Wan? What if Leia is killed in the rescue attempt to save Han?

6. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I think that originally ANH:Infinities was gonna end with Luke and Leia turning to the Dark Side and becoming the new Vader. Now how cool would that have been?

But no. It wasn't "SW" enough.

7. Ben_Max

Nov 22, 2001
    The biggest problem with the ending of ANH: Infinities was that the overall way everything ended up was the same way it ended in the movies. If you're gonna make an alternate universe story, make some changes to ending conclusion too. That's why I liked TESB: Infinities better. When they had Luke die, they definitely changed everything so that the final ending was different too.

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Well, if everything ended on a dark note, that kind of goes against everything that star wars has stood for: the good always wins

9. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    "good always wins"
    except in Empire Strikes Back.

even if the result might be the same thematically (good triumphing over evil).. the journey is different, and can be exciting and entertaining.

i like the idea of an alternate universe based on a ROTJ:infinities start, but i don't see that happening... i think for now they want to stick to one EU.
    (my ROTJ infinities idea is on another thread on this board)

i also came up with TPM and AOTC infinities storylines.. lmk if you want me to post them.

10. Ben_Max

Nov 22, 2001
    But it's supposed to be alternate universe. Right at the beginning they say something like, splinter one end and a new chain is forged. But everything ends pretty much the same way. You'd think that a change as big as the Deathstar not blowing up would change a lot, but it didn't. The good can still win, of course, but maybe change something: Yoda or Anakin survive; Luke or Leia die; the Republic takes over control of the Deathstar and disarm it, transforming it into a home for the orphaned children of the war, or anything like this. Good can still win, but does it have to be in the same way?

And one quick thought: why is it that when Han flew Luke to Dagobah, that Luke somehow had the change of clothes he had when in the movies, he flew there three years after the destruction of the Deathstar? Then all of a sudden, after being on Dagobah for years, he has his black clothes from ROTJ? Where are these things coming from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.