main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA New Inland Empire Members Check in Here!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Edit: Locked, please see NEW New Members thread

Greetings! You have taken your first step into a larger world!

Welcome to the Inland Empire Fanforce forum. The Inland Empire fanforce emcompasses the areas of SAN BERNARDINO, REDLANDS, RIVERSIDE, YUCAIPA, LOMA LINDA, ONTARIO and others. Here you can meet fellow fans in your area and plan meetings and events. If you are interested in joining this group, please post here. To help us learn a little about you, please post a little information about yourself:

Name: (First is fine, we're not formal)
    SW Related Interests:
    Non-SW Related Interests:
    {So we know what other activites you might like)
    How did you get started on SW: ("Hello, My Name is Jennifer, & I've been a SW addict since I was 7. . ." - It's fun to share this one).

Let me start off: My name is Linda, and I am the Regional Support Administrator (RSA) for the Pacific Region of FanForce. The Pacific Region encompasses California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Alaska, and Hawaii. I am 37 and the mother of three children, Leia is 14, Lauren is 11, and Collin is 8. I Collect anything and everything with the name Star Wars on it, pictures of my collection can be seen in my Bio. I have also read each and every Star Wars adult novel, and some of the comic books. I also have built/converted a few lightsabers, and currently have both Jedi Robes and a Royal Guard Costume. My next costumes will be a Stormtrooper and a Rebel Scout Trooper. Other than Star Wars I am interested in Nelson DeMille Novels, <A TITLE="Click for more information about computers" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||computers|AA1VDw">Computers</A>, traveling, and flying planes. I have been a fan of Star Wars since opening day back in May of 1977 at the age of 11. Your turn!

2. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    Ok guys I would like everyone who is allready here to post as well please, so the newbees know how many peopel we have.
    (And so we can keep track) :)

3. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    We look to our leader to be the first.

4. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    word, im here

5. MoNgO_FETT

MoNgO_FETT Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2003
    mongo dont want you forget mongo

6. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Vary well

Name: Branodn Hillock
    Postion: Emperor
    SW Related Interests: Everything
    Non-SW Related Interests: Acting
    How did you get started on SW:

Well wene I was 2, my mother said that I never needed a babyseter because all she had to do was put on A New Hope and I would just zone out, untill it was over of couers, then I would just go back to driving her crazy. So she would just put it in aging and off I went with my eyes wide, mouth open and head telted to one side. She also told that the frist statment I had ever made was "I like the blue one" (Refering to R2-D2 of coures)
    And according to her, every time the sene when the Jaws shoot R2 with a I-on Blaster came on, I would get up start to walk-stop-and fall flat on my face,with the sound of couers, wwooooowwww-bang!(explands alot dosint it? [face_laugh] ) So wate what was the question? O yeah so thats were it all started for me at age 2. So I have been with Star Wars since a long long time ago...

7. falcon_flyboy

falcon_flyboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2003
    all right kid, let's blow this thing and go home.

name: Justen Ochart
    SW related intrests: original trilogy
    non SW intrests: acting, loard of the rings, art, music, and costume macking.

now the big one: I have been a star wars fan for as long as i can remember. when I was about 5, we lived in a house which had a stair case in the middle of a big common room. one of my brothers and my favorite pass times was to put on my moms old SW sound track and run around the room whith tennis rackets (held handle out) acting out the death star escape scene(I was han solo of coarse ;)), periodicly screaming and changing direction.

8. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Okay my turn!
    Name: Courtney Smith
    Location: well, physically I am in Redlands. However, my mind is currently residing in LA....I hope someday to join it....
    SW Related Interests: anything and everything under the sun!
    Non-SW Related Interests: Well, I love Harry Potter and The X-Men(suprise suprise considering the name :)) and I love the show Alias. I won't be as Presumptuous as to call myself an actor, but I love everything about the theater. whether it be reading plays to performing them(I do have to admit I like the latter a little bit more)and yes, I am one of those "Hollywood Hopefuls". I am addicted to reading and i am a music junkie. I listen to everything from marilyn manson to norah jones to soundtracks of movies and musicals...I love musicals, and Moulin Rouge and Chicago top the list right now... and so.....yeah....
    How did you get started on SW: I loved watching the movies when I was a child, but we never owned them :( when the re-release came out and I discovered the expanded universe of the books and graphic novels, I corrected that error ;) I am currently making a Jedi costume....and I want to do Leia's Throne room dress....ah, perhaps someday....

and in case you haven't noticed I am very much a Gemini! ;)

9. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Mar 5, 2003
    Armand
    Rank: Ambassador to France, and oldest geek in the IE so far.
    SW Interests: Unlike most here, I have no fascination with jedi. I prefer the outer fringe characters like Mandalorians and Tuskens.
    Only been SW costuming since late October of 2002.

Other interests include primitive wilderness survival skills, long-distance horseback travel, blacksmithing, firearms, and primitive weapons systems; ie. bow, lance, sling, atlatl, boomerang, bolas etc.

10. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    Name: Carl
    Postion: ACTUAL Emperor
    SW Related Interests: EU, movies (duh), RPG
    Non-SW Related Interests: Acting, Drinking, more drinking, um....what's my diet?
    How did you get started on SW: the movies. OK seriously, yeah the movies got me started. I used to watch the cute fuzzy teddy bears beat up the meany wha-heeny white ugly guys, with my brother Jon. He was way more into it then me. Now I'm way more into it then he. hehehe. I'm single looking for a woman who can - argh, I hate it when I press alt+tab...changed my active windows. Let me close HotorNot and start over.

Ok, I'm back, but I'm done, see you waited for nothing, feel like a dolt don't ya? No? oh, ok.

11. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    Name: Dan
    Position: Secretary and special operations officianado
    SW Intrests: ALL
    Non SW: Mountain Biking, waterpolo, tennis, kayaking, rock climbing, backpacking, computer/video games, World war 2 history (especially paratroopers) Music and flying

I started liking Sw back in 1986 or so when i was 3 and i used to watch ROTJ at the hospital while waiting for my sister to be born...always has been my favortie movie.

12. Genvieve-Weasley

Genvieve-Weasley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2003
    Me Next!! yay!
    Name: Megan Arnold
    Rank: ummm.. Funds holder( i think that was the name) well anyway it's the Treasurer
    Location: Mentone!! yay my little cute town, hey little and cute thats how people describe me :D
    SW Related Interests: Umm.. well learning to love everything , but I'm now interested in Jawas, they are spif! thanks to brandon and court, my teacher :)
    Non-SW Related Interests: well well.... lets see I like to see movies especially Harry potter I love reading the HP books June 21 book 5 Order of the Pheonix (right court?).. I love acting it rocks... tho my life is consumed by Mervyns and school... umm soo yep I like driving my car, for those of you who went camping saw my kool car :)
    How did you get started on SW: well ive always liked sw because my parents love it :) but im now getting into it more because of court and brandon they made me a jawa :) so there you go...yep so ciao for now

13. SithLordKat

SithLordKat Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2003
    Im Katz from Rialto and live in Victorville not. if you wont more read the profile. Sorry not much of a talker

14. Eadaion

Eadaion Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2003
    Name: Dana

Current Location: New York City (bleeeehhh!! - word of advice: stay on the west coast!)

SW interests: mostly the original trilogy and the books... but I'll watch the prequels out of loyalty...

Non-SW interests: umm... writing, reading, emergency and podiatric medicine (there's a combo!), swimming, water polo, surfing, hockey (go Canucks!), WWII history, languages (mostly French, Japanese, German, English, and Swahili), old OLD movies (aka, Jimmy Stewart - I'd marry him if he weren't dead!), animals, theatre - kind of - (used to be a Theatre major, but kinda got burnt out... lol, that's really funny because I was a lighting design concentration ... "burnt out"... heh... sorry)... oh yeah, and I looooove corny jokes (as if you couldn't tell from the last stupid one I just made...). I have a ton more interests, but if I kept naming them, I'd never get this done!

How I got into Star Wars: I think I was three or so (give or take a year) when I walked in on my parents watching ROTJ, and I joined them... I was forever addicted. Oh yeah, and I won a bet in seventh grade for wearing Leia buns two weeks straight :)

15. MoNgO_FETT

MoNgO_FETT Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2003
    Name: shawn
    sw related interest:all
    non-sw related interest:video games and dragons
    how did i get started on sw: mongo say the way he got was his brother. mongo's brother showed mongo sw and mongo got interested. mongo say when brother said he made a site and clan mongo was already on top of it. mongo say this is how mongo get started on sw :D

16. Tink_Lady

Tink_Lady Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    Hola everyone, my name is melissa and I'm from calimesa (just east of yuciapa) I have been a starwars fan since birth (Star wars, a new hope came out the year I was born and it was the first movie I ever saw) not only do I have every movie memorized, but I have read many of the books, have a cat named Greedo, and have occasionally been known to camp out in anticipation of the release of any cronicle of the star wars empire. I have also been doing ren faire since I was 12 and am managing a booth down there this year. I'm 25 and married with a lovely 2yr old daughter named gwenivere. I'm also pre-med getting ready to transfer to loma linda in 2 semesters. hope to hear from you all soon:)

17. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    Welcome to IE FF. IM the chapter secretary, and if you need anything just let me know.

18. Genvieve-Weasley

Genvieve-Weasley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2003
    Aloha Maria.. Nice to see you Maria.. Wonderful to see you Maria.. :D hey melissa or tink lady spif name if i hadnt told you that already.. court already explained that i have lost my mind.. and sad thing is i agree well at least when im sick... so.. tink what kind of costume would you make? (My way of staying sw related)ima jawa... i know you know :) hehe

19. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Hey Genvieve sweetheart,

Take that converstiont to the "? Becoming Star Wars Characters (Costuming Thread)"
    pllllllease :)

Thank you, love you :)

20. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    Good to have you tink_lady. I'm sure you'll find these boards....interesting. [face_devil]

21. Noelle_Kittie

Noelle_Kittie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2003
    Hi!
    I know very little about the Star Wars universe but I am trying! (Court has dragged me here, kicking and screaming) anyway I know most of you already, and for those of you I don't know, my profile pretty much says it all!

22. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
  23. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Mar 5, 2003
    Well, Noelle Kittie, I see we have some common interests. Welcome.

24. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    I'm soooo going to bite my tongue on this one. HI Heather!!!!

25. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Alright guys, the newbees are not going to necessarily know how to look up your bios, so if you are lay-z please just copy and paste k? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.