main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi New JCF member, long time lurker.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Loth-cat, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Loth-cat

Loth-cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2017
    Su'cuy!

I am a lifetime SW lover and have been coming to the JCF page for years for answers to various questions. I've become a more active fan with the sequels and all the new launchings that have accompanied them, so I thought it was time to join as a member, and not just lurk... I have too many fresh Star Wars feels to sit on the sidelines. ;)

Star Wars is my first love (one of my earliest memories is marathon-ing the original trilogy with my grandparents and brother :)), but I have other nerd passions as well, including LOTR, Zelda, D&D, Brandon Sanderson, and cosplay (I'm not good at it, but I have fun and I think that's what counts). My husband is also a nerd, and our house is full of Star Wars books, board games, and misc. useless decor like a companion cube and chibi Gandalf in plush form.

I'm actually about to go away for a month (whoops), for some remote fieldwork (I'm working on an MSC in Geography!)... not great timing on my part to start an account right before departure. But I came down with a stomach flu bug thing and figured that being cooped up at home was the perfect opportunity to become a member here. :chewie:

2. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Hey there!

Welcome to the Boards. I'm glad you decided to make an account here. :) I'm sorry being sick was the cause, but we're happy to have you here all the same. ;)

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Welcome to the community. Please let me know if I can help you find anything. :) I love cosplay too! What characters have you done or tried to do?

4. Loth-cat

Jun 29, 2017
    Thanks! I've meant to join for a while now, and having the extra time at home was the perfect excuse I've been waiting for!

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  5. Loth-cat

Jun 29, 2017
    Thank you!! :) Hooray! I love running into fellow cosplayers/cosplay appreciators. I have an ANH Leia, a tiefling paladin from one of my D&D campaigns, a punk version of Tetra from Zelda: The Wind Waker, and I am currently (and very slowly) working on a Jedi EU original character. What about you?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  6. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    Loth-cat

Just a tip: Use the "edit" button at the bottom of your posts to avoid double-posting. It's generally frowned upon by the mods. You can reply to two or more people in a single post. :)

7. Loth-cat

Jun 29, 2017
    Oh! Thank you very much, I didn't realize. I'm new to using code of any variety. How do you figure out which post number to include if you are adding a reply to a second post?

8. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    Let me see if I can explain this in a way that makes sense. :)

When you reply to the first person, you hit "Reply," of course. You type your response, and perhaps hit "Enter" a few times to move the cursor. All you do after that is scroll to the other post(s) you want to respond to and hit "Reply" again. It'll put that person's post below what you've already written.

Hope that made sense. :)

9. Loth-cat

Jun 29, 2017
    Yes! That makes sense and I tried it out here (without actually replying to two of your posts) and it worked. Thank you very much for explaining it to me. :)

10. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    Hey, no problem. :)

11. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome Loth-cat to the forums. Let us know if you need any help navigating the forums or have any questions.

Anakin.Skywalker Thanks for mini-modding.

12. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Welcome aboard, glad you decided to stop lurking.

Loth-cat likes this.
  13. boudica

boudica Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2017
    I'm also a lurcher.

Loth-cat and Lady Belligerent like this.
  14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm glad you joined. :) Let me know if you need help finding your way around.

15. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Welcome aboard! I was a long time lurker too.

Loth-cat likes this.