main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

new jedi council??? who'd you put on it???

Discussion in 'Literature' started by NikeSkylark, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    for the past week or so i've been really thinking about this. if the new republic did let the jedi create a new jedi council who would be the 12 members you'd put on it??? currently in the books there are only 6 jedi masters that *i* know of. they could be more but the only ones i know of is luke, mara, kyp, cilghal, kam, and tionne. for the other six member who'd have to be just regular knights i have thought of only corran... can't think of 5 more jedis that would make good council memebers.

i'm new here so i don't know if this has been discussed before... i hope it's somewhat original...

-Nike Skylark

2. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    i think i would put Luke, Leia, Kyp, Kam, Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn.

i dont think theres anyone else up to the point of jedi master or close to it.

3. JHC_JEDI

JHC_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2002
    I think there actually is a sort of informal council. There's only a few jedi who are really experienced enough to be "Masters". Luke, Kam, Mara, Kyp, maybe Corran, Cilghal, throw Tionne in there. Those "Masters" (I'm using the term loosely) tend to seek the advice of others, which is probably what the basis of the old jedi council was.

4. MiinBodenna

MiinBodenna Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2002
    First of all this wouldn't happen until the current jedi students become kinghts, due to the low population of expierienced Jedi. But after that Mara, Luke, Cighal, Kam, Tionne, Kyp, Corran, Leia, you might even throw Jacen in there (maybe Jaina, but her involvement with Rogue Squadron...), possibly even Lowbacca, but i'm out of ideas...

Miin Bodenna
    Co-CEO of Massassi
    defense department

5. Derek_Colze

Derek_Colze Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2002
    Leia will NOT be in the Jedi Council. She's two inexperinced and doesn't have enough time to hold the New Republic together and spend time sitting in a cool looking circular room with a good view, giving advice on what is too offensive and the Dark Side and what isn't. She has better things to do.

6. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    But the thing is Leia is through with the New Republic.

I'd put:

Luke Skywalker
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Streen
    Cilghal
    Kam Solusar
    Tionne
    Kyle Katarn
    Corran Horn
    Kirana Ti
    Seba Sebatyne
    Kyp Durron
    Leia Organa-Solo
    Jacen Solo

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Luke, Kyp, Corran and perhaps Mara. I find the others hard to choose between. None of them really have the experience to be on such a council besides Luke and Mara, and perhaps Kyp. Then that's only my oppion. :)

8. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    i like your list, senator

9. Wyl_Transerwnnyr

Wyl_Transerwnnyr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    I would put in the following for certain in no particular order:

Luke Skywalker (of course)
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Corran Horn
    Kyp Durron
    Kyle Katarn
    Kam Solusar
    Tionne (just 'cause she knows a lot of stuff)
    Streen
    Cilghal
    Kirana Ti

This would be provisional, of course, until more people had the experience.

10. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    IMHO, I don't think that Luke would create a council made up of just Masters. I think he would be inclined to create a council that includes the Knights as well as the Masters.

Perhaps on a rotating basis, to keep power balanced... possibly by having members serve terms, and then rotate out, on a staggered basis.

11. wild_knight

wild_knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2002
    The original council was made up of mostly 12 masters but to my knowledge there was at least one Knight that sat on the council. It was made up of life time members, long term members and short term members. And to get on the council you had to have merits. So whoever would be on the new council they would have hade to merits. So if i made a guess I would say:

Luke Skywalker (would head the council, and be a lifetime member)
    Kam Solusar
    Tionne
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Chilgal
    Corran Horn (because corran is a knight not master he might or might not be on it, it depends how much like the original is)
    Kyp Durron (if nothing else to ensue Kyp's group don't leave the order, kyp would be on the council)
    Kyle Kataran (Becuase little has been mentioned about Kyle it would be hard to know if he is a Master or even what he has been doing in recent times)
    Kirana Ti (primarily becuase she was one of the original twelve students and therfore has been involved in the order longer than many others)
    Streen

I am sure that there are still Jedi Masters that we have not heard of so I am sure that if they did re-establish one there would be a few names that people haven't heard of

12. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Well here we go again...

The dude with the really long neck.

Mr. Cheese Sandwich Man

Alf

Cartman.

Harry Potter.

And....MASTER Y!!!!!!!

oh sorry, I forgot, its the NEW council... :D

13. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Luke as head of the Council

Kyp as an opposing view

Corran as a miliatary voice

Tionne as a historian

Gilgahl just because

Leia to referee Luke, Kyp and Corran.

14. DARKAURUM

DARKAURUM Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    New Poster here.
    It seems to me like it's pointless debating who would be on the jedi council. With Jedi being killed at the rate of 1 per book, which I must say REALLY pisses me off, what's the point? I'm almost getting tired of reading these books, and Anakin's death comes close to being the last straw for me. C'mon, the movies were UPLIFTING. Anyway, Luke or Mara or some other important Jedi will die before the series is out. Whoever's left out of the Jedi can form the council.

15. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:
    There were 4 different Jedi councils back in the day.

There was the First Knowledge Council, the High Council (five permanent members, four long-term members, & three limited-term members), the Reassignment Council, and the Reconciliation Council (five members, though rarely the same five). Therefore, although the new High Council would be an important part of the new Jedi Order, the other three would also be needed. Thus, any Jedi that aren't suitable for the High Council might be suitable for another council.

16. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    well aren't you mister smarty-pants???

~Nike Skylark~

17. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Hmmm, I haven't really followed the NJO too closely but last I saw(VOTF)Mara wasn't even practiceing her jedi skills regularly. So how is she all of the sudden a "master"? Luke debated with himself for years before declaring himself a master and this was the guy that stood up to the entire Sith order... the son of the "Son of the Suns." :D

I think Luke had the knowledge and experience behind him to make such a declaration, but c'mon... how does Mara stack up by any measure with Adi Galia, Plo Koon, Mace and the rest? Same goes with Leia, I know she's not a master, I mean there isn't a seat for her on the council because of lack of experience.

18. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    NikeSkylark, if you want to, just ignore me. I'm really anal when people don't call it the High Council.

19. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Luke Skywalker (Commander in Chief)
    Mara Jade Skywalker (fringe contacts)
    Corran Horn (military advisor)
    Leia Organa Solo (Political Advisor)
    Tionne (History, holocron stuff)
    Kam (most experience after Luke)
    Kyle Katarn
    Saba Sebantyne (ppl not trained by Luke)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.