main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation New Jedi Counsel in Episodes VII-IX with Force Ghosts?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by clone3131, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I imagine any council would be significantly smaller, rebuilding the Jedi order to its former state would surely take many generations.

As for force ghosts, I personally see them as only appearing at crucial junctions when a little massaging is required to keep things on the right path, not handling day to day affairs. That being said everything is open to the writers, but I'd be really disappointed if they made a decision like this.

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I think a 12 member council is tradition, however you are right it should only be conviegned in times of emergency or have a monthly meeting not just sit there every day. What do they talk about when no Jedi Bussiness is going on. Hey did you catch that new movie? The holodrama on whatever? Do the Jedi masters have a water cooler?

3. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I don't want any force ghost's full stop .

4. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I don't mind Force Ghosts appearing in the movie but I don't think they should be on the council. Leave it to the living and breathing Jedi.

That said they better give Leia a seat on the new council. She could take up Anakin's position in ROTS as the Jedi's representative to the Senate.

5. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Who needs a council when you can just call every Jedi Master in the order for a meeting? 30-40 years after Return of the Jedi how many Jedi Masters do you think Luke could have trained?

6. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    It's really dependent on how many padawans Luke would take on at one time. Let's be generous and say he trained 4 padawans at a time, you would assume only those first 4 would be at master status by the time he hit 60.

7. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I guess this also brings up the question of - who can actually see force ghosts?? Is it only Luke that can see OB1/Yoda/Anakin - or will other Jedi be able to see them? Does Luke need to train them to see the ghosts? I know the EU, but the EU is the EU.

It would be curious if Leah can see ObiWan/Yoda and then can she see her father?????

C

8. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    To the O.P.

No. Stop that. No force ghosts. Especially not Anakin Skywalker.

I want to see real, live Jedi on the council, TYVM.

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    To the OP

I think it's actually a really interesting idea with lots of potential for entertainment, I just don't see them going that "out there" for the ST.

I wouldn't mind seeing someone competent try it in the EU, though.

10. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Four Jedi Masters + Luke...

1. Corran Horn
    2. Kyle Katarn
    3. Mara Jade Skywalker
    4. Cilghal

Anyone else got ideas?

On the issues of Force ghosts, I don't think there's anything wrong with them showing up or being contacted for advice... maybe through meditation? But I don't see them as council members.

11. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    I'm imagining Luke sifting through the Jedi temple... Even though the temple (and presumably Senate later) were burned and sacked, the buildings still exist in the ROTJ celebration (in fact they were deliberately added in). This tends to happen in history, buildings are repurposed after revolutions.

I hope Luke would not "rule" from Coruscant and would choose to base the Jedi somewhere more humble.

12. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    As I mentioned in another thread, the Jedi Temple WAS repurposed by Palpatine, and used as a "propaganda platform" to make the Jedi look bad. Parts of it fell into ruin, but the main structure is intact. After RotJ, it was refurbished and used by the New Jedi Order, and later a huge plasteel pyramid was added to it.

13. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Doubtful but interesting idea nonetheless...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You're gonna thnk I'm being coy (and maybe I am, a little) because of your misspelling, but I'd love to see a Force ghost Jedi counsel Luke, but a Force ghost Jedi Council, ah, not so much, thank you. If we indeed see a Jedi Council, I'd rather it include Luke and his students/Masters.

clone3131 likes this.
  15. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I predict these four then a plethora of non humans we have never seen before... Hooray for backstory and plots...!!!