main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub New Jedi Order / Legacy of the Force Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Adalia-Durron , Jul 3, 2007.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    My Rogue Squadron cover is almost destroyed. Too many trips in the back pack

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I have them all on my iPad now so my hard copies are well protected for the future! Reading Mercy Kill right now.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I need to reread mercy kill already.

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Up to chapter 12 ..... But bed time.

5. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Sleep well!

6. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Zarks, I need to read Mercy Kill already. :(

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wish I could copy and paste it for you Rooty!! But I can't :(

8. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    Well, I'll settle for more Shadow Sabres fic... :p

zarkinfrood likes this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Shush you! Later tonight!! Busy today and I need to write a page before I post a page! Still 30 pages ahead of you lot though!

A-WingsRule and zarkinfrood like this.
  10. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    30 pages! I don't even want to think about what kind of trouble we can get into in that time. :p

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Haven't figured out how to save you lot yet........hmmmmm

Funnily enough, you and Zarks are not hurt.........yet.

12. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Rooty rides a bomb into atmosphere, guiding the bomb by holding it and a hang glider at the same time, thus saving the day in a self sacrificing manner.

A-WingsRule and Adalia-Durron like this.
  13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    And what does Zarks do in all this? No hero stuff??

14. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    He's inside the bomb at this point, trying to defuse it from within. Obviously. :p

zarkinfrood and Adalia-Durron like this.
  15. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Zark is actually using his computer skills, which do exist according to his character bio, to hack the bomb from a safe distance away. :p

16. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    So, I'm curious. The general opinion of the NJO seems to fall in pretty established grooves - Star by Star, Traitor, and The Unifying Force are near the top of people's lists, while Dark Journey and Force Heretic are pretty close to the bottom. I'm curious where the Enemy Lines duology falls for people - since those two are actually at the very top of my NJO list, but nobody seems to talk about them much. But then, I rather strongly disliked Traitor, though The Unifying Force tried to do waaaaay too much in too little time, and quite enjoy Dark Journey... :)

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Enemy Lines duology is one of my favorite stories ever. Great duology. So much fun reading that.
    I liked everything someway or another. Vector Prime, Agents of Chaos duology, Edge of Victory, Star by Star, Traitor, Enemy Lines, Destiny's Way, Force Heretic 1 Remnant (thanks to the backcover), The Final Prophecy and the Unifying Force (My favorite EU book ever).

A question is why do people hate Vector Prime? That book was amazing! The Chewie thing? Come on, you can't let one thing ruin the book for you.

18. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I'm actually not a huge fan of the njo. I was frustrated by chewie's death, but mostly I felt like they introduced a minor character, and then a dozen more, and three books later the first one reappears but I remember virtually nothing about them. Actually, I lied. Most irritating to me was how completely insufferable jacen was.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

19. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I actually liked the entire NJO when I first read it, but it took me awhile to finish it, so I am not entirely certain how I will react to everything that I didn't absolutely love.

I actually liked every Star Wars book I ever read in some form or another, before I found out about things like Lucas' ridiculous reasoning behind having Anakin Solo killed and that the Denningverse is absolutely not what I wanted to see after the NJO.

20. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    There has been only two books that I just cannot stand thus far: death troopers, and shadows of mindor. I actually did like the NJO in general, I just had certain frustrations with it.

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  21. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    That like is for the Mindor hate. Couldn't stand that book.

I think I more liked the NJO for what it did for the SW universe as a whole, it shook things up. There were weak points and strong points, but it was a good lark.

22. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Hehe, if I was going to write Mindor I'd ignore the whole Darklighter comics, and concentrate more on the X-wing series for the Rogues.

23. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I actually didn't like Traitor or The Unifying Force, and quite enjoyed Dark Journey; but I bet you that's because I was a teenage girl and thus right in its target demographic.

Enemy Lines was... okay? I can't really remember now. Was that the one with Corran?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

24. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    Dudes. Read "The Ruins of Dantooine". Everything will seem good in comparison.

I love the NJO and look back on it very fondly, but I think a lot of my feelings toward it are nostalgia. I read it at a very formative age and it had a biiiiig impact on me. In particular, Jacen/Jaina/Anakin's numerous issues made up for my lack of an interesting adolescence. I kinda lived vicariously through them. :p Also, a lot of my memories are packaged up with memories of this place back in the golden days, hence the general warm and fuzzy feelings.

Some non-nostalgia reasons for liking it: it's awesome. it's really well executed. there are very few dull moments. the jedi order are great in it (before regressing somewhat afterwards); they run around with sniper rifles and grenades and such. there's tons of starfighter action. and there are lots and lots of explosions.

I've reread the whole series once before, but that was probably six or seven years ago now, and I'd quite like to do so again. The problem is finding the time. :( [face_waiting]

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I have one thing to say...

The Crystal Star....

End of bad book discussions

DarthXan318 likes this.