main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub New Jedi Order / Legacy of the Force Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Adalia-Durron , Jul 3, 2007.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    So, let me get this straight? You love NJO, but hate LOTF and TCW?

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes, I was a little irritated by a few things from NJO, but as a whole, I love it. TCW bugs me because it is completely redoing the Clone Wars and adds things I just don't think are needed, i.e. Mortis. I don't like the plot of LotF and FotJ. everything about the plot of those two series feels completely wrong to me, and I think Denning had way too much influence over the post-NJO in general.

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Fair enough. Keep in mind this is a fan club for both so some might disagree. You've stated the reasons etc so now let's discuss the positives of the NJO. Only one negative in my mind, not enough Kyp! :p

JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  4. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    It always comes back to your ex-husband doesn't it :p

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    'Scuse me? Ex!?!?

6. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Sorry, keep thinking that lie you told me the other night was going to come true ;)

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That would make me the ex honey.......the late ex! :p

8. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Too true.

9. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    To defend Zeta; this is technically the NJO/LotF fan which could be interpreted as 'The NJO OR LotF fanclub' not the 'NJO AND LotF' fan club. Since there is not a 'fan club' just for NJO, we might as well hang out here! ;)

10. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah, the only reason I am even in this fan club thread is for NJO, not LotF.

11. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    For me I only got to read half of NJO. I only got the book right after Star by Star, whatever that was.

Now I got somewhat of a statement/question involving LotF. I'm currently reading Bloodlines and the part where Jacen forms the GAG and starts raiding out Corellians on Coruscant is completely unnecessary especially with Corellians who did nothing. Just because they are Corellian doesn't mean they are automatically gonna go bonkers and rebel against Galactice City. Yes alot of them did but stereotyping them all together into one is just hasty generalization and thinking upon emotion and not logic. My question is, what are your guys' opinions on this subject?

12. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    It's unfortunately the normal reaction to actual or anticipated terror or treason events -- I'm thinking here of the British mass internment of Germans and Austrians just after WW2 broke out. Almost all Germans and Austrians, Nazi or not, Jewish or not, were rounded up. Logic in such cases gives way to panic IMHO.

13. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The ironic part is Jacen himself is half Corellian.

14. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Wouldn't he be considered to be from wherever he was born (Coruscant)? Are we pretending that each planet has their own separate race?

15. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Well alot of planets in galaxy do

16. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    At least three and probably more. :p

Sent from the future using psychic implants.

17. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    There is precedence, though, Hitler was part Jewish. Let's not forget the American internment of Japanese-Americans, as well.

Weren't there reports of Corellians getting attacked by groups of Coruscantis? Panic makes people do dumb things.

Why wasn't Omas' office doing anything? Where was Coruscanti PD? What were the Jedi doing? I disagree with what Jacen was doing here, but NO ONE else seemed to be doing anything.

18. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Still doesn't justify the fact he was detaining innocent civilians that didn't do anything and weren't planning to do anything

19. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    True, but as was discussed, neither the Americans nor the British were justified by what they did. What the GAG did was not without precedence.

20. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    At least we didn't kill people in the middle of interrogation

21. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    That you and I know of. Neither one of us have any idea of what has gone on at Gitmo or Abu Gharib.

Yes, Jacen lost his temper and killed a prisoner. A prisoner who was an admitted terrorist, had killed tens of Coruscantis and had tried to kill him and his sister years earlier. Jacen did NOT go into her cell with the intent of killing her.

22. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    It still doesn't sit right with me

23. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I still can't see how any of the osik in the post-NJO could have happened.

24. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I know for a fact that no detainee has been killed in either of those facilities.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

25. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I read and finished Sacrifice, what an amazing book. Mara's death was so sad, her last line :'( Sad to see her go, she was by far the best character in the book.

Now I'm reading Inferno, I'm like 120 pages into it. Meh, I don't really like it so far.