main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub New Jedi Order / Legacy of the Force Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Adalia-Durron , Jul 3, 2007.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    So, Wes is a rouge, Kyp is a dirty old man.....is Wedge a saint? What about Corran?

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Corran has Mirax and a sense of honour.

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Once Corran got Mirax he developed a sense of honor. When she got kidnapped (I Jedi) he took a long time to buckle down and find her though. First he went off to Summer Camp on Yavin and then he played pirate and even considered allowing himself to do the biddings of the female leader who carried a quirt. Thankfully he thought better of that and finally rescued her. My eyes were seriously opened when I re-read that book last year as an adult ;)

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    hangs black shroud over image of Aaron Aliston that hangs with all other NJO/LOTF Authors......

RIP Aaron

CrazyOldHermit likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  7. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Just came from the GC, so tragically dead. So I came here instead. :p

Also it would seem I am way overdue to reread I, Jedi...as I don't remember some of that stuff at all.

8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I Jedi was a very different read for me now that I'm older and more experienced in life.

9. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    It's been at least ten years since I read it. And I just bought it as an ebook, so I guess it's meant to be! :D

Runjedirun likes this.
  10. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    So hoe does chewie being back for the ST, affect the NJO books going forward?

11. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Maybe the events of the NJO happened much later? Take how the Thrawn trilogy mentioned the Clone Wars and estimated when it happened but that was a bit off and it has been retconned via the dating system. We'll see how it will all piece together.

Don't forget that Chewie was in Vector Prime.

12. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    True, LFL has said the movie will take place 30 years after Jedi.

13. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    The NJO books remain fun to read.

14. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Very true, my favorite one is Balance Point

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Chewie was alive the whole time.

16. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    Speaking of denial ( :p ) I'm still holding out a tiny spark of hope that the movies will stick with the EU. There's so much good material there they really don't need to look elsewhere. However, if they do todd it all out on its ear, and especially if they don't do the Thrawn Trilogy, they will be on my poop list and I probably will not watch.

Also, I refuse to look at any spoilers or even announcements. Denial, amirite? :p

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The NJO and the Legacy Comics will always be my continuation of the PT-OT Saga. Looking forward to the ST but its not a boom or bust situation to my continued part of the fandom. I want the ST to be a workable continuation of the Saga but I won't quit the Saga if it isn't. Keep the expectations low and roll with it.

18. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Post-RotJ "Legends" will remain my personal canon, even though I recently got excited over Ep 7 speculation etc. The most ideal situation imaginable for me would be if they use concepts and especially characters from NJO era, if not the full/exact story per se. Kind of like what Marvel does. And if that story can remain a logical prequel to Legacy comics - I'd be the happiest fangirl in the galaxy. :D Somehow doubt it... but one can always hope. And we'll always have the brilliance of John and Jan. (Though I was looking forward to more Ania Solo, hope the series doesn't get cancelled.)

Abadacus and Force Smuggler like this.
  19. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    I don't think there's much hope for the plotlines of NJO/LotF with the ST happening ~30 ABY, but I think the main theme of the Sequel Trilogy will be taken from LotF as well as the characters. (Jacen turns to dark side etc.)
    Since they're "not beholden to" but "taking from" the Legends material I expect we'll get some sort of loose retelling (hopefully animated to avoid recasting Luke) of Heir to the Empire, albeit with substantial revisions made to correct the not-so-fondly-remembered bits and connect it to the newer stuff, even moving events around in the timeline as needed.
    I maintain that Mark Hamill can still sound 20 years younger than he is in voice acting, so I hope they'll go that route for a lot of "Legends Era" spinoffs. Think high-quality hand drawn Heir to the Empire as a miniseries on Netflix and limited TV runs; Mark Hamill as Luke and Benedict Cumberbatch as Thrawn. (I don't want BC's face in SW, too recognizable, just his voice).

With that strategy they'll please a lot of even nitpicky EU fans like me and assuage people who have avoided the EU until now, while maximizing profit by "replacing" old material (new promotional toy runs!) and improving overall quality and consistency with central story guidance.

20. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    I just saw this in the behind the scenes for Star by Star on Wookieepedia

Lets ponder that for a minute. Do you think they would have tried to make Anakin Solo into a Sith? If they what would that have been like?

It sounds like a very good place for an infinities comic. Except the EU doesn't exist anymore.

Thoughts...?

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I think this discussion would be better had in the NJO/Legacy of the Force fanclub. Merging now.

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Activity!!!! :D

23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes they would have tried to make Anakin Sith. A part of Palpatine's soul was still inside him or something as equally stupid

24. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I always pictured Anakin being the one to fall to the dark side, and the twins having to team up to bring him back. It would have made for a better story than some of what we got. A better story for my tastes anyway. :D

Runjedirun likes this.
  25. SITH1708

SITH1708 Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
    I'm looking for help. Somewhere in The Legacy era, Daala and Luke have the conversation where she basically banishes him. That convo was basically about the Jedi being above reproach. Does anyone know where I can find that dialogue online? Just an excerpt, anything at all?