main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub New Jedi Order / Legacy of the Force Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Adalia-Durron , Jul 3, 2007.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Same here.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Honestly I wouldn't want them to make NJO into movies.
    Call me a cynic but I think it would be impossible to do the books justice in a few movies.
    Also given how bad most movies adaptations have become.

More books defenetly would be nice, I would love to have at least one book were the Vong are the main protagonists and they achieve a clear victory at the end. Maybe have them attack a plant with PoVs from both sides with the Vong winning and all "good" characters dying at the end. Really show us the dread of the invasion. Show the readers that the heroes don't win allways.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I would prefer original adventures for the movies myself. How well they would be, would be up for debate,
    A horror film would be fun.

There was supposed to be a comic from the view point of the Yuuzhan Vong called the Hatred Vector, leading up to Vector Prime but was cancelled.

4. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    A book from Shedao Shai's perspective would be good.

5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Hear hear!
    Though it would also work well as a Netflix or Amazon 1h-episode mini-series production, the likes of Stranger Things or Mr Robot.

6. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So I just re-read Vector Prime-Chewie's death was not bad at all-it was respectful to the character and Han s reaction very "human".

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Well given he reacts more to Chewies death than to both of his sons dying make him actually very unsympathetic to me.

8. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah that is an issue, Chewie wasn't just his co-pilot he was a life long friend a source of continuity and stability in his life. It's still shameful how he treated his sons though.

9. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Yeah but I mean Chewie was over 200 years old at that point. And it was a sacrifice for Anakin whose death Han barely mourned. I mean he was just a teenager who had been sent on a suicide mission. And still Han is joking around withe everyone only two books later, at a point were he thaught both of his sons were dead.
    Either he doesn't care for his children at all or he values Jaina far more than his sons. Either way he is a terrible parent already in NJO.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  10. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    I hated Chewies death....still do if honest :( but I do think he got a death worthy of a Hero :) can't get much more epic then taking a moon to kill you :)

11. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I felt Hans treatment of Anakin after Chewie's death was unfair, but realistic. Anakin wasn't anymore to blame than Chewie, but the grieving process was shown brilliantly in NJO, at least in that instance. I'm pretty sure the authors changed so their interpretation of Han's grief may slightly vary. I do think he undereacted to both Anakin's death and Jacen's later turn.

No one seemed to care much that Jacen became Darth Caedus.

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    They didn't care until it was far too late to save him. Leia could only quiver her lip when looking at his broken body on the Anakin Solo. Jaina showed more of an emotional response to his death and she killed him. Luke didn't seem bothered at all.

13. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Hasn't Han said he wished he had shoot Jacen out of the falcons airlock after he was born?
    How can a human being think if his child this way?

14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Well he said that after hearing he killed Fett's daughter during an interrogation IIRC.

15. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    So Han cares more for the daughter of the man who froze him in carbonize and sold him to Jabba than his own child?
    That's deplorable.

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I don't recall the context exactly when he did it, it wasn't the most noble of Jacen's actions. And Han had made somewhat of a truce with Fett in the previous year's.

It may have been in Inferno when he firebombed Kashyyyk.

17. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    No, it was earlier...just not sure where/when.

I was always confused by Han's reaction: Anakin had no way to get to Chewie, and he would have gotten them all killed if he had tried...something Han would know since he could SEE the moon crashing into them. (This scene is of questionable physics, btw, and has always bothered me).

Blaming your teenage son for a decision that he never should have had to make seems weak and un-adult.

18. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    In stressful situations we don't allways make the right call, emotional grief has a way of clouding a persons judgment and in the heat of the moment things get said that you don't really mean. That being said I hated how Han dumped the equivalent of a emotional nuclear bomb on his youngest kids shoulders. But then thinking about it this was the start of Star Wars getting all dark and edgy when death seemed to pop up round every corner, I'm a softy and a romantic I like happy endings hehehehe :)

19. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    That was a lot of the post-NJO's problem being dark and edgy when a little light and happiness would have improved things.

20. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I did not mind the darker tone, but I guess it could have been handled properly.

For me the biggest problem of the post-NJO was that the series wanted to cover a lot of plots at the same time in a limited amount of space (300 pages). I wish there were more bigger books like Star By Star which would have allowed for more in depth handling of certain issues and plots.

21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    You know what really hindered the later EU was the lack of new authorial talent-they really needed to give Denning and Allston a break. Also with regards to a dark tone the NJO had that yet had a family group hug at the end in other words an earned happy ending. At the end of LOTF they could barely force a laugh-really the only people who should have laughed at the end of Invincible were Daala and Lumiya. FOTJ had the wedding yet it was rather forced and the happiness not organic-Abeloth was still out there, Krayt had revaled himself(somewhat in an indirect way) and the whole line about Jaina overcoming darkness I couldn't take seriously because she hadn't struggled with the dark with well over 18 years and FOTJ was not Jaina's journey by any means.

And Crucible can only be considered a happy ending if you are a fully devoted completionist.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    I only skimmed FotJ in the bookstore (couldn't bring myself to buy it), but it seemed that the authors were just as bored with writing it as I was skimming it...and the wedding at the end (on a Star Destroyer?) just seemed off. I could have been excited about Jaina and Jag at the end of NJO, or even somewhere in LotF, but by the time they got there, I was..."Eh. Big Whoop."

Nom von Anor and Force Smuggler like this.
  23. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    They seriously considered having Jaina and Jag get married at the end of Invincible. I mean they seriously thought it was a good idea to have her runoff and get married after committing fratricide. I'm not sure if I could stomach that. That's just beyond disrespectful.

24. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    xezene likes this.
  25. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Not sure about the face, but I am excited having the figure. Hopefully will be more accessible than the Revan figure.

Why did they use the Thrawn Trilogy Covers, I know she was born in it, but she was more prominent in later series.