main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub New Jedi Order / Legacy of the Force Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Adalia-Durron , Jul 3, 2007.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Probably because they figure the Thrawn cover is the most familiar to a mass audience.

2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I'm wondering why they are doing this in the first place.
    Why do they still try to sell ledgends figures?

And why Jaina? I mean she won't return.

3. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Some people actually claimed EU fans hacked the poll so she would win, I don't think so I think she won because well I honestly don't know why.

4. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    It was a vote. Jaina won.

5. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Jaina deserved the win though I find the figure a tad ugly in truth

6. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah the suit she's in isn't how she's depicted at all in the books.

7. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001

Someone, or some people, likely hacked the vote. Jaina wasn't even a leading contender the day before the poll ended. Then the day of, she suddenly surged to first place. Very unlikely that such a thing happens just because thousands of Jaina fans suddenly decide to vote for her out of the blue. Unfortunately Hasbro announced the winner immediately after the poll closed, so they didn't have time to go back and sort it out (which is obviously what they should have done). There are reports from reputable sites that something similar was happening this week for Ben Skywalker during the nomination process. Lots of emails being sent in from unconfirmed email addresses.

Anedon likes this.
  8. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Because there are people who are still invested in Legends and/or prefer them to nu-canon. Had I known there was a vote at the time, I might have voted for Jaina.
    I'm not a collector except for the book/comic figures. Unfortunately stuff that I really want to get, but it's kind of too expensive since you can only get it from ebay, are Zayne, Jarael, Cade and the Imperial Knights. (Got Thrawn, Mara, and Revan.) Now that a new Jaina's around, I'll go for her and eventually try and find other YJK/NJO/LOTF figures.
    Idk, one could stage a little Myrkr strike on a bookshelf. :p

A fully EU character in the Disney canon that'd be nice to get a figure of is Dr. Aphra.

Taylore likes this.
  9. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017

It's precisely because she won't return that I'm thrilled that she won. Other than in special cases such as this, characters from the EU, especially post-ROTJ, aren't going to get merchandise. As someone who is a huge fan of such characters, I love the fact that there is still a chance to see them in physical form, even if it is only one a year (I only wish there were more).

Amon_Amarth and Force Smuggler like this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Movie characters and NEU characters are going to be getting figures regardless.
    The other finalists from last year got models announced a couple weeks later anyway.

I still want EU figures as toys, regardless of their canonicity or if we never get stories with them ever again.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Bringing the discussion back to the NJO I still want to see or read about the battle between the Vong and Yevetha I can just imagine it now-a battered and defeated Yevetha-smarting from the defeat at the end of the black fleet crisis fighting the Vong who are waging war against the Yevetha at a local species behest.

Imagine the full scale savagery, unrelenting violence, suicide attacks on both sides-would have been a struggle between two xenophobic, ethnocentric species without quarter, restraint, or pity on either side. Would have been pretty awesome.

Force Smuggler and TheAdmiral like this.
  12. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    It probably would be, but honestly those species that turned the Vong and Yevetha against each other are as deplorable as both of them.I never understand why this was played for laughs in NJO.

13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Which species are you talking about?

14. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    The Fia who directed the Vong to the Vevetha as some sort of sick revenge and in hope the Vong might spare them.

15. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Oh yeah now I recall them. The Yevetha had attacked them previously no?

16. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Yeah during the Yevethan war.
    Interstingly had the Fia not linked this intel to the Vong the Yevethan´s might had been able to slow the Vong down greatly and give the galaxy some time. But with it the Vong crushed them with ease.
    (Also after the Yevethan´s defeat the Fia run crying back to the New Republic and demmaned their support.)

17. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I liked that period of the series when the Galaxy was in chaos after the fall of Coruscant. It was a shame that it was not explored more.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    An anthology novel following SBS detailing the reactions of the Republic officials not seen, Empire, Chiss, Hutts, smuggler's etc, would be amazing.

TheAdmiral and PCCViking like this.
  19. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah what about Nas Choka and the Hutt Theatre? The internal Hapan reaction to most of the fleet being blown up by Sal-Solo and CenterPoint.

Any Vong incursions against the Chiss? Minor powers?

There was a lot of stuff within the war itself that deserved exploration.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Nas Choka was a bit of a step down after Tsavong Lah, even though Shimmra, Onimi and Nom Anor were the true main guys of the series.
    At least I've read a couple fan-fics where Nas Choka takes on a major role and it was amazing.

21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah but he is the Vong that surrenders to the GA.

22. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I'm currently re-reading the NJO, and can I say how much I despise Viqi Shesh?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

23. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    From what I remember, the Yevetha never had the chance to attack the Fia and their planet, Galantos. During the Yevetha purges, that Fian ambassador appealed for help to Leia and the planet was admitted into the New Republic before it was too late.

PCCViking likes this.
  24. DarthKuriboh

DarthKuriboh Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2007

Pretty sure everyone does. I mean honestly she was stupid as well as a traitor. Having seen how many species the Vong had "made agreements" with and then turned on them and still she kept going... I mean really?

PCCViking likes this.
  25. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I think at that point they wanted to finish the series quickly so they glossed over a lot of those things, which was a shame. Such big Galactic events (like the events in the NJO and the post-NJO) need more expanding. Also need more longer books like Star By Star.