main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub New Jedi Order / Legacy of the Force Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Adalia-Durron , Jul 3, 2007.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Wasn't it originally supposed to be 29 books?

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I could think of plots for that many novels in addition to the ones we have now

3. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    It does feel that there were supposed to be more.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Sorry for the double post.

I recently re-read the Invasion comics - I liked the idea behind it but due to the cancellation felt a bit out of place due to the fact that we never heard anything about the character during the NJO (which is understandable) and post NJO (also understandable for the most part).

The artstyle takes a bit to get used to.

Did not like how some of the established characters were depicted. Also the main characters felt a bit overpowered. But overall I liked the series for expanding the story a bit. These big arcs need their own EU to cover the scale of the events properly.

5. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah you could have movies, video games, novels within novels and so on.

The NJO, LOTF, Bane Trilogy, Legacy and so on are galactic wide ranging storylines-to adequately flesh them out you need mini EUs.

TheAdmiral likes this.
  6. Brueggemann

Brueggemann Jedi Knight

May 3, 2017
    I've read LotF and FotJ and I would like to know if NJO is worth reading. I seem to have skipped it accidently...

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    If anything, LotF and FotJ aren't worth reading, while the NJO totally is worth reading.

Darth Aphrodite and Anedon like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't know how you can skip a 19 book series............

NJO series is the best story in SW imo.

Anedon likes this.
  9. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    When you want to read NJO you should think about reading YJK first as it gives a lot of background to the Solo twins and Tenel Ka. It enhances the NJO books quite a lot.

And I agree with Force Smuggler and Zeta1127 NJO is far superior to LoF and FoJ.

Amon_Amarth and Force Smuggler like this.
  10. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah YJK is essential for the NJO.

11. Brueggemann

Brueggemann Jedi Knight

May 3, 2017
    Well I really liked LotF but yes, FotJ was a disappointment. Ok, I'll check out YJK first.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

12. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Speaking of YJK, both Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta will be at this year's DragonCon. :D Time to get some books signed!

13. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Oh hey what is this place

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016

I'm assuming your asking what this fanclub is? This is a fanclub for fans of the New Jedi Order series and the books that followed it.

15. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So continuing our discussion from the I'll be honest thread Force Smuggler, Vialco, Sinrebirth

Does anyone agree with me that Jacen had a larger destiny beyond remaining on Zonama.

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So continuing our discussion from the I'll be honest thread Force Smuggler, Vialco, Sinrebirth

Does anyone agree with me that Jacen had a larger destiny beyond remaining on Zonama.

17. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I have to say no. Jacen fulfilled his destiny when he achieved a state of Oneness on Yuuzhan'tar. He would never reach that pinnacle of power and understanding again. Instead, he spent five years wandering the Galaxy, trying to learn new ways of using and understanding the Force. And it was never enough.

Even before Vergere, Jacen's one defining trait was a lack of direction. He never knew what he wanted to do with his life. He told Luke at the start of the Vong War that he didn't think the Jedi Path was his. Luke disregarded that and insisted that the Jedi needed Jacen. Because he forced the issue, Jacen was never fully committed to the Jedi. Like his grandfather, Jacen wanted more. After returning from his five year sojourn, he remained devoid of purpose, until Lumiya showed him his purpose.

18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    But was that his purpose? To stop the dark man and ensure Allana's reign as the Jedi Queen?

Of course he could have won the war and then his purpose would have manifested differently.

Sort of like Only Right.

19. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Is Krayt confirmed to be the Dark Man? Because I don't think so.
    For one thing Krayt never says "Mine!"

And Allana as Jedi Queen, the vision is supposed to be Queen of the Galaxy right? She could be Queen of Hapes, but not the galaxy.
    Also, it's not even a sure thing, because Allana's is supposed to be dead. Now, the real Allana comes back, who's going to believe her besides Tenel Ka? And TK's position isn't stable.

Only by winning the war and bring the Power of the whoel GFFA under his own command could Caedus ensure that his daughter sits on the Galactic Throne.

20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    In my headcanon I always pictured Allana ruling Hapes while through her grace and diplomacy maintaining peace late in the first century ABY. Also her light side aura would have held back the dark and kept Krayt at bay.

Or we can go with the Only Right answer-where she decides not to become a trained force user and her Dad achieves nirvana and brings everlasting peace.

I personally prefer the latter.

21. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    The thing to think about is in SW, whether all bad people are all influenced by the Dark Side of the Force. ie they wouldn't be big bad villains unless the Force made them thus.
    So if, say Allana doesn't train as a Force user, there is no way she would turn bad?

22. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    You should read the fanfic-it's way better than Crucible as an final swansong to the EU.

As for bad people-in Star Wars one doesn't need the dark side to be "bad." There are gangsters like the Hutts, there are the Yuuzhan Vong, Yevetha, Ssi-Ruuk, and others who while lacking the force are clearly bad people.

Well not as individuals(for the species) but have bad values or ideas.

PCCViking likes this.
  23. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    What fanfic? Link?

24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
  26. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    yes darth invictus. thanks for the link.