main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive New Jedi order Luke (new art).........Young Princess Leia

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Darthmcm, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthmcm

Darthmcm Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    This is Luke Skywalker around the time of the New Jedi Order books... I wish they would make a cartoon series similar to the Clone Wars set after Return of the Jedi
    [image=http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs36/f/2008/244/3/1/Luke_Skywalker_NEW_JEDI_ORDER_by_Irishmile.jpg]

This piece really is inspired by my daughters and their spunky attitudes, they have no problem pointing out that I am a dork and they are cooler than me.

Diplomacy
    Bring your daughter to work day
    Leia went on many Diplomatic missions with her father as a child...

"Lord Vader this is my daughter Leia"
    [image=http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/223/0/7/Diplomacy_by_Irishmile.jpg]

2. Aleria

Aleria Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2007
    That's a funny piece. I like Leia's attitude! :D

The story behind the picture is a good one, too. It's nice to hear where artists get their inspiration every now and then.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very nice! I love the animated expressions and the rendering is nicely done.

This image reminds me of the one story in Star Wars Tales where they show a young Leia playing tricks on Tarkin and harassing her aides and causing all kinds of mischief. Was that any inspiration?

4. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    LOL! Loved that expression of Leia with her tongue out, too cute!

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Wow thats really well done, Vader looks great. I love Leia's expression, and I like the thought of Bail bringing Leia with him as part of "take your kid to work day(s)"

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh]

That's brilliant! Love little Leia sticking her tongue out at Vader. Priceless. :D

7. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Oh, FUNNY!

Nice work as always :)

8. Darthmcm

May 21, 2001
    I am unaware of that story so it was not part of what inspired me but I am very happy it fits well into this... Really it comes from how bold and cocky Leia was in the OT, it makes you think about how mischievous she must have been as a child, it reminded me of my daughters and how they are sometimes, coincidentally they are twins as well.

Here is the pic of them Tradmic was talking about seeing at one point
    [image=http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/8690/mcmenamin010zh6.jpg]

I also know they wouldnt like me sharing a goofy pic without showing what they really look like
    Here is some more recent school pics of all three of my kiddos
    [image=http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/811/kidsbackgroundpj9.jpg]

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Good to see and know where other fanart artists get their inspiration from.

:D

10. Darthmcm

May 21, 2001
    Bumping up to show off new art

11. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    That's sick! The twi'lek and Coruscant writing is a nice touch too.

12. Darthmcm

May 21, 2001
    Thanks, The whole thing read "Love you, Z, M, K, And C" First letter of my wife and kid's names that and the Twi'lek were last minute, I decided it might be cool to have a sign so I whipped one up quick, Master Skywalker covers it, but I did do the whole sign.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, very cool!

After all these years, the great Jedi Master still retains his youthful features. I love it! ;)

14. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    Oh wow, those are awesome! Young Leia is so funny. Luke is really well done, I especially love your colouring, he looks so lifelike[face_love]

Can't wait to see more!

15. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    These are awesome!! Love the one of Luke--it's just how he might look from the NJO period--still youngish, but more mature! Green was a great choice for his robes, too (I always thought Luke would look great in green!)! The Vader/Organa/Leia piece is choice!! =D= I can only imagine what she was feeling, watching her wise father having to bow to the Dark Lord's wishes--I think this reaction is precisely what she would have done, too! ;) Love the colors on both of them--most excellent work!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.