main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jedi Order: Recovery

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ulic_Droma, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulic_Droma

Ulic_Droma Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    In the list of New Jedi Order books in Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand there is a book called Recovery, it says it is between Balance Point and Edge of Victory I: Conquest. Has this not yet been released, or was it released in hardcover for only a short time. I don't remember seeing it before and can't seem to find it anywhere.

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Do a search for it on Amazon. Its an e-book.

3. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    It's an E-book and it deals with the events after Balance Point. It's mainly the "Recovery" of Han and Leia's relationship.

It's going to be reprinted in the Star by Star paperback that comes out sometime in October.

4. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    It's going to be reprinted in the Star by Star paperback that comes out sometime in October.

Thats crap. I spent MONEY on that. I went to bn.com and coughed up the 3 or 4 dollars for it. Why should people who buy a HUGE ass book to begin with, in a cheaper form, get the story for free?

I want a frickin refund if my SbS paperback is gonna have what I paid for already.

5. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Thats the thing. Its only 3 dollars. Nothing to kill youself over.

If you're so pissed about it why didn't you just not get the hardcover? You could've borrowed it from a library (don't you work in in one?) and gotten the paperback for much less money when its released. Many, many people do that. If you're going to get all antzy about it, you might want to try it as well.

6. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I didn't buy the HC. I'm going to buy the Pbk. I borrowed it from work of course, a few days before it was 'released' too, since some librarys get some books early.

But still, how would you feel if after you paid to see AOTC, Lucas announced he was so damn rich, it was free? It's not the $3. Its the fact that people paid for a product that is now being given away.

7. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I'd still be happy to get it. Just think, now you've got it in two forms. Try to look at it as an advantage, instead of a detriment to your pocketbook.

Besides, if you look on the ground for pennies, you'll quickly have that $3 back. My family once paid for a trip to Disneyland with a year's worth of pennies we found on the ground.

I'm really looking forward to getting SBS in paperback, 'cause I can't afford the hardcovers. Speaking of, does anyone know when AOTC will be released in paperback?

Dana

8. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    If you were told you had to pay 7 dollars to see Attack of the Clones on May 16th, but if you waited until May of 2003 you could see it for free, which would you choose?

9. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    BOTH! Actually, I've seen AOTC three times, all for free, so maybe I'm not the one to judge anything. :)

Dana

10. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I would just download it off the Internet :p

Well I probably would pay... I guess it doesn't really matter. Its just that I bought Recovery yesterday :(

If I got Recovery when it came out, I got my money's worth, shut up xie. But in just a few short months, I coulda had it for free =/

11. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Few short months? It came out in December. The SBS paperback won't be out until after November probably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.