main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Jedi Order theory

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by yojedi, Mar 4, 2016.

1. yojedi

yojedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2016
    Love the idea of the big reveal being the re-emerging of the "hidden" Jedi.... Unlikely perhaps, but I love the idea

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Actually, nowhere in TFA is an "academy" mentioned. Han Solo simply says that Luke was "training a new generation of Jedi."

Jedi Merkurian , Dra--- and yojedi like this.
  3. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    It's been about fifteen years since Ben Solo attacked the Jedi academy. It's very likely Luke went into exile after this, found new students and continue to train new apprentices other than Rey. He went into exile and hiding to keep this new order a secret from the Republic, especially because it was corrupt, or First Order. Exposing their existence was extremely dangerous and could compromise the whole order.

Jedi Merkurian and 11-4D like this.
  4. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Actually, it's been heavily implied that the temple (Pablo Hidalgo said that it was more of a "Temple" than a full-on "academy" btw) happened more recently than that. It might have been as recent as five to six years ago, depending on what happens in the Bloodlines novel.

YoloKylo and Mungo Baobab like this.
  5. yojedi

yojedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2016
    That's certainly what I figured. The impression I had was that it was "relatively" recent.... I certainly didn't get the feeling we were ROTS to original trilogy sort of time... Not to mention, wouldn't a 15 year gap call kylo ren's age into question??

6. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I find it hard to believe, given how mentally unstable he is NOW (and he's meant to be 29/30 in TFA BTW) that he could have pulled off the temple slaughter as an even more unstable 15 to 16 year old. Him leaving, perhaps being trained by Snoke and/or joining the KOR, and then coming back later to kill Luke's other students, seems more plausible to me.

I feel like some people jump to the "15 years ago" thing because that's around the time that Rey was abandoned on Jakku. And a lot of fans seem keen on the notion that it was Ben himself who left her there.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. yojedi

yojedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2016
    There seems to be a unified acceptance that the 2 events (kylo attack and rey being left on jakku) are related. Personally I dont think that's necessarily the case. Rey could still have some sort of connection without her being witness to the Jedi slaughter...

In fact, I think rey saw that aspect of the flash back through someone else's eyes.... To Expand on that, I think someone else had anakin/Luke's lightsaber, (perhaps Luke's 2nd in command?) this may explain firstly, Kylo Ren immediately recognising it, and secondly, someone else using his grandfathers lightsaber may have infuriated him....

Whoever had it, fled and left the lightsaber with Maz for safe keeping (perhaps on the instruction of Luke).... In short, I think Rey picks up someone else's memories as well as her own, if indeed ANY of them are hers....

8. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I'm also going with the 5-6 year range as well. I was never on board with the idea that Ben Solo left her on Jakku or that the attack on Luke's New Generation of Jedi happened when Ben was 15. It just didn't make sense to me. Now if these events transpired 5-6 years before TFA I would buy it. Kylo/Ben would have been 24-25. Much more feasible.

The max that I would venture is 10 years before TFA for these events happening.

9. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    According to what we know about the Bloodlines novel so far:

-It centers around Leia, who during the novel's timeline (5-6 years before the events of TFA) is still a respected Senator in the NR (whereas by the time of TFA, she's considered an outcast/warmonger by them).
    -Her being a wife and mother has also been mentioned.
    -Han will be in the book and there will be some "cute moments" between them. Which, given that it's been heavily implied that Ben's fall is what drove them apart in the first place, points to that having probably NOT happened yet, at least to me.
    -No word yet on if Luke will appear or not.
    -Etc.

So yeah, this all points to the attack on Luke's Temple being a relatively recent event.

10. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Isn't the Jedi temple which Luke finds supposed to be the last one left intact in the galaxy? All the others were destroyed by the Empire.

11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015

That is the impression that I got. But then again it was never mentioned if there were other Temples besides the First one that Luke went searching for. But I bet good horse money that there were definitely other Temples.

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Han said Luke was looking for the first Jedi temple, right? If there was only the one, it would just be the Jedi temple. Maybe the others have been destroyed, but at one time there must have been more.

13. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    It's also possible that it wasn't a "temple" in the traditional sense. Like he found a spot that he thought suitable to train young potential Jedi, and that essentially became his version of a "Jedi Temple."

14. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Where is this stated?

15. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I personally hope that they stay away from the "organised religion" aspects of being a Jedi ... my head canon (currently ignoring the entire PT, tbh) likes that post order 66 or whatever, there are places "strong" with the light or the dark side of the force, like the cave on Dagobah (with the concrete walls) and that is perhaps where Luke is drawn to.

Jakku's "Church of the Force" (thankfully not expanded upon in the film) could just be seen as the average non-force sensitives attempt to make sense of the supernatural (for them anyway, since presumably midichlorian sensing technology and science was lost), but it diminished the idea of this cosmic mystical energy field to me....

Sarge likes this.
  16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    ... and maybe find some o66 survivors in exile to help him
    [​IMG]
    Didn't they both survive order 66?

17. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015

Shaak Ti, is killed in a Deleted Scene By General Grievous in RotS, So no idea if she's alive or not, Luminar we never see killed either iirc.

light_sabe_r and Wildcatbarry like this.
  18. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    I think the Shaak Ti deleted scene is not canon. I think I remember that it had been mentioned in some story - as a note - that she had been killed in action
    Luminara idk as well as Barris Offee. Does anyone know if those 3 died in a canon material?

19. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    Luminara is confirmed dead in Rebels Season1 episode 3 "Rise of the old masters"

20. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah, Luminara was:

Captured by the Empire (and probably the Grand Inquisitor himself), executed, and her corpse was used as bait to lure other lost Jedi in to their deaths (as nearly happened to Kanan and Ezra). It was, pretty messed up actually.

Didn't GL specifically say they couldn't show Quinlan Vos's death because there were "other plans" for him or something? Hmm, they could maybe do something with that idea as well? And then of course, should they want to, there's always older Kanan and/or Ezra as well.

21. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Didn't watch Rebels yet.
    Still working on TCW with my kids (...takes time when TV timeis limited due to "educational" reasons) :D
    THX for the Info

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  22. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015

I haven't read any Canon material that specifically states that Shaak Ti, Quinlan Vos or Barris Offee died. So it is possible that they are still alive somewhere. Bariss I suspect is an Inquisitor that we haven't been introduced to as of yet. Either that or she is rotting away in some prison planet.

23. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Luminara's definitely dead. The Grand Inquisitor used her corpse to lure Jedi survivors to their doom.

24. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015

Yeah I know Master Unduli is dead. I saw that Rebels episode that confirmed that. The others though I am not so sure of.

25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Actually, Shaak Ti is definitely dead. In the final episodes of TCW series, when Yoda goes to Dagobah, he sees a vision of the future and it shows someone with a blue lightsaber (who we obviously know to be Anakin) impale her from behind whilst she's meditating. Basically, it was a deleted scene from ROTS, when Anakin attacked the temple.