main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Jedi Order theory

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by yojedi, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    That would be a really lame death. Then again, MOST of the Jedi deaths that we see in ROTS were really underwhelming/unsatisfying (likely due to having to rush through them in a quick montage) imo.

2. burg2774

burg2774 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 1, 2008

Interesting, and a story line that would go along way to negating this idea that Luke's attempt to reboot the Order was a full blown failure, despite any guilt he may be feeling that his family was again the cause of the Jedi's collapse.Time will tell, but I like it. Also, this seeking out the first Jedi Temple might be for new knowledge, which leads to how he will plot out a new path for the Order, before he recalls the wayward padawans.

3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    A vision? Uncertain the future is

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Still, it was actually filmed for ROTS:

[​IMG]

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  5. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    But it was ultimately cut out, so it's canonical status is, debatable. And I hope that it isn't. Her being dead, ok I can live with that. But going out like THAT, no just no.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  6. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    The trilogy will probably unfold in the follow way.

1. First Order destroys the Republic capital and sends its government into disarray with a new super weapon. The new super weapon is destroyed. Luke is missing and is found again.

2. The First Order invades the Republic and loses much territory as it tries to form what it can to fight back in a new military. Luke returns to the New Republic as a full fledged Jedi master and takes command over its newer fleet.

3. The Republic eventually repels the invasion and turns the tide of the war thanks to the guidance of the new Jedi. The First Order is eventually crushed completely and any last remnants of the Old Empire are swept away. Luke leads the Republic fleet to victory and after returns the Jedi to Coruscant and restores their control to the temple.

7. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I'm not sure if his crudeness with a blade is actually a character limitation instead of a stylistic choice by the director.

Keep in mind, in the months coming up to the film all we heard about was how they were going back to the style of the OT. Well, the big criticisms of the lightsaber battles in the PT were:

1.) There were too many of them.
    2.) They didn't look real because everything looked so choreographed.

If anything, Ren's skill with a blade reminds me of Luke's in ROTJ. When he's hacking away at Vader, there's no style, no grace. The lightsaber is a means to an end in the OT rather than being a money-shot in the PT.

Not to make this too "OT v PT" but when I watched the film it only rang to me as JJ trying to address fan criticism of the PT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarge and jimmycrank like this.
  8. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I would be happy if we can reach a kind of middle ground. A little faster & smoother then the OT saber fights. But a tad slower then the "flashy" PT fights.

11-4D likes this.
  9. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I think the Duel in TFA is pretty much in between, maybe closer to the OT, But i'd say it's a bit flashier than the OT Duels

10. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    ^^^^^^^^^

Hmmmmmmm. I'd say it was 70% OT 30% PT.

11. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015

Yeah probably about right. maybe it'll be closer to 50/50 when Rey has had some proper traning and Kylo has completed his / We see Luke in action

12. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Had this thought pop in my head and posted in another thread: