main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive New Jedi Outcasts RP...V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SECRETSISTER, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Juerr Pakka

"Huh?" Dinn blurted out, turning to see Juerr standing nearby, tail curling slowly behind him. "The fight? Bloodless?" she repeated, looking down at her self. Apart from her nose, no other blood had been spilt, so she guess he had a point. "This fight was...different. If I had have wanted to kill him..." Here she stole a sideways glance at Nimaj. "It would probably have been quieter, quicker and much, much more bloodless. This was a..." she frowned, looking for the right words. "Playfight?"

"Ah I see, you two had no ill intent. This was only a practice of technique and a show for others to learn from, it makes sense now thank you."

Visibly his muscules relaxed as he turned to head back to the mess tent, secure that fights in the end might not be as different here as at home.

TAG: Dinn, Any, None, Whoever:p

2. jedi_whitelight1

jedi_whitelight1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2006
    IC: Niki

Outside Mess Hall

"Now what in the frell did I do??? Does everyone in this gorram base have a grudge against me???"

"Oh, you didn't do anything, it just that..." she was going to snap at him before that Nikki turn around for him, calling on the force to clear her head so she could be calm with the Chiss. She open her eyes again and face him again this time with calmer blue eyes.

"I should have had my emotion under control, yours and Dinn fight brought back painful memoriors."

Tag: Jon, Jessie

3. Kleinmeister

Kleinmeister Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2006
    IC: Nimaj

Nimaj accepted Dinn's explanation, and while the hug was a bit of a surprise, it was a welcome one. He returned it gently, mindful of her bruises.

After the exchange with Juerr, he offered Dinn his arm. "Shall we go get you cleaned up and join Maeglan at the Mess Hall?"

Tag: Dinn

4. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    IC - Bel Sei

Playfight? That's all it is to you?

Bel couldn't help but wonder what was going on in Dinn's mind. Whether any of her actions were considered hurtful to others around her. But before grabbing the opportunity to ask Dinn directly, the others had begun to crowd around. Instead, Bel pushed her way past the crowd that had begun to clear out, vanishing down the hallway and back towards the hangar bay.

She realised, at that moment, that no-one else had listened to her more then Dinn, yet now it seemed her own words were ignored. That the man Dinn had just beaten to a pulp (OOC: :p) had grabbed her attention more then Bel could ever hope to achieve, not that she'd put up her fists just for the sake of trying.

Besides, she thought, I've got more important things to take care of.

tag: Jess, etc.

5. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    IC: Dinn Tsalisz

Dinn watched Juerr walk away, curious as to the kind of fights the new recruit was used to. She was about to talk to Nimaj about it, when he offered his arm and possibly one of the best ideas she'd heard in a long time.

"Why, I don't think I've ever wanted to do anything more, Mister Jedi." Dinn said, in the most ladylike voice she could muster through a broken nose. She slipped her hand around Nimaj's arm and they left the clearing, Dinn steering them towards the MedTent. A rather annoyed tech realigned Dinn's nose ("Try and keep out of fights, please Colonel, or I'll come and break it myself!" was the disgruntled plea). A quick stop off at the 'freshers and before long Nimaj and Dinn were on their way to the Mess.

"You know, I must look like a complete lunatic." Dinn said as they approached. "I don't think I've done anything but fight people since you've been here."

Tag: Kleiny

OOC: *pats Bel on the head* Poor girl... :p

6. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa, smirking just a bit, shut down the lightsabre and handed it back to Lank.*

Do I get to know where the glow rod is...or at least the general vacinity? Or do I have to search for it?

TAG: Lank
    OOC: And ye ain't gonna get me back, either! :p

7. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    "It's in the kitchen, top drawer on the counter. But, you can't use your eyes. You have to rely on your Force senses to get it, and avoid bumping into things. This is little different from what you just did." *Lank acepted his sabre back, and contemplated yanking Lissa's away with the Force, but decided against it*

Nah, that's being petty. I'll wait, see if she gets complacent. Like I did...

"Now, you going to be good, or do I have to blindfold you?"

Tag: Lissa :p

8. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa put the tip of one index finger in her pouty mouth and dug at the floor with the tip of her sandal.*

I'll be good, Mr. Lank. I promise.

*She closed her eyes tight and settled into the current of the Force, becoming aware of all her surroundings. Keeping a 360 perspective, she walked confidently toward the kitchen. She pictured the drawers in her mind and felt out their contents before opening them. Thusly, she found the glowrod and opened the right drawer and lifted it out. She felt that Lank had followed her and was watching closely. Closing the drawer, she turned and headed back to the living room, feeling before her to see if anything had changed positions. She ducked something and stepped around something else, but ended up beside Lank without mishap. She handed him the glowrod.*

The power cells are dead....

OOC: Ooooooookaaaaaaaaaay....

9. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    *Lank followed, watching her carefully as Lissa slowly, but confidently, made her way to to kitchen, found the glowrod, and returned to the living room, stepping around Tweeter who had roled in, his light on and whistling an interrogative*

"We're okay, Tweet. I'll start the backup cells in a moment."

The power cells are dead....

"Oh, for cryin' out loud..." *Lank shook the glowrod, tapped it against a palm a couple of times, and it gave a faint light*

"Well, better than nothing. Just in case, have your sabre ready and adjust the blade down to reduce the risk of an accidents. Er..I never asked, did you make your blade multiphase?"

Tag: Lissa

10. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa brought her other hand up from her side.*

Extra power cells, sir. I think we'll do just fine.

*She nodded in answer to his question anyway and took out her lightsabre, showing him the slide setup.*

I think sometimes one doesn't need full power...like for cutting loose threads or something like that. Lead on, good sir.

*As they headed for the emergency power unit, Lissa patted Tweet's dome.*

I gotta get used to seeing all of you through the Force, you know. I knew something was there, but I didn't take the time to really recognise you. I'm sorry.

11. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    "Thats not a bad modification, but I meant can you adjust the blade length?"

*Lank gave her another bemused look, and accepted the power cells out of her hand*

"I'm sensing much of Janson in you. be mindful, for that way lies absurdity, and many bad Ewok jokes," Lank slemnly intoned.

*Tweeter bleeped a reply and extended a couple of floodlights to show the way.*

"Save 'em, Tweet, we're here."

*Lank flipped a couple of breakers and activated the reserve power cells*

"This will run things for a while. So long as we don't light up everything," he joked.

12. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    No, I didn't modify for extension - mainly because when I was trying to use Knight's blade that he left me, I found it difficult to wield. In actuality, I adjusted the blade length to fit me; I can turn it full circle in front of me without gashing the floor. I feel more comfortable with it.

*Lissa looked around as the lights came up again.*

You know, I think I actually liked it when they were out. It's not too dark and it sort of fits with the storm. We doof course, need power for other things.

*She walked back to the windows and gazed at the cloudy sky and the rain. It seemed to be slowing down now - the brunt of the storm was passing. She opened the door a crack and took a deep breath.*

It smells so fresh...

13. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    "Well, now that the storm's passing, we might forgo the lights.

"I designed my sabre so I could adjust the blade up for down. There's been a couple of times when a short blade works far better. Blade extension's only been used a couple of times, but it serves."

*Lank smiled at her enjoyment of nature*
    "We'll open up the windows when the rain stops."

14. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa looked speculatively at her lightsabre hilt.*

I might modify it to shorten...to sort of a lightknife. That could be handy, but I don't want it longer.

*She looked up at Lank.*

So, what's next on the agenda, my teacher. Practicing what I have learned?

15. Jim_Palso

Jim_Palso Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2004
    OOC: Hey all, I'll post ASAP. My internet has been wacky the last few days, slowing way down and clogging up, then speeding up, then shutting down, and so on. This is one of the few times I can stay online for any period of time without it freezing up, but I gotta get to bed for work in the morning. Like I said, I'll post ASAP, probably Thuesday or Wednesday night, Thursday night latest.

Welcome back Bevan and Nat. :) I'll shoot you a PM ASAP Bevan. ;)

And that's okay Laine, I know the feeling when all you want to do is post/tag, post/tag. I want to do that right now, but sleep is calling me.

16. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    "Yes, and yet more meditation. You've had a lot of breakthroughs, now is time to let them sink in fully. Better call Aunt fera, make sure they're okay, as well."

17. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Oh yes, please do call! I'm sure this storm wasn't nice to everyone.

*As Lank headed for the comm, Lissa sank to the floor again, wrapping the Force lightly about her and thinking about all she had done so far this day.*

It's becoming easier and easier to connect and stay connected but I must not ever take it for granted. I must always be aware...

*She listened in to Lank's side of the call, not wanting to intrude.*

Lank's family...my family are so wonderful! I feel at home with them and him. This is good.

18. Kleinmeister

Kleinmeister Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2006
    IC: Nimaj

"I don't think I've done anything but fight people since you've been here."

"Not true. Remember our adventure downstairs? I wouldn't exactly consider that dragon-worm thing a person," Nimaj replied, smiling to defuse Dinn's awkwardness. "Besides, I kind of like a little bit of crazy. Too many people take themselves WAY too seriously."

Nimaj got silent as they walked toward the mess hall, thinking of many different things: some of the trials he'd experienced; how his master's sense of humor always seemed to lighten any situation, no matter how dark it was; how glad he was that he'd found this group of people to belong to. Yes, people to belong to. Other than Master Naraway, I'd never really fit in with anyone else. Here, I actually do fit in. I'm needed, and can contribute. He glanced at Dinn briefly, and was suddenly struck by how pretty she looked, even after having gone through a fight.

He returned his gaze to where he was going and saw the small crowd gathered outside the mess hall, apparently waiting for Dinn. Yes, this is definitely where I belong.

Tag: Jessie, Jon, and the others gathered around.

OOC: Crush, or something more?

19. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    As Laine waited for Jim to speak, she noticed that a group of people were gathering outside the Mess Hall. Fight's probably over, she thought. Hopefully it was a mutual win.

TAG: Jim

20. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    "Yes, we're fine over here," said Lank into the headset. *He's used it istead of the speaker so as not to disturb Lissa's meditation.*

"Lost power, but the reserve is runing. Ah, glad you still have yours. Listen, Aunt fera, we have to head back day after tomorrow. Yes, I know, it was a short vacation, but we have to get back there. I've got a slew of new recruit pilots to train up, to say nothing of what Lis has waiting. Yes, we'll stop over for dinner again tonight that's why I waited. I haven't forgotten about the monthly family dinner, and there's no way we'll miss it. Hopefully, we'll have a surprise for you- No, I'm not going to say! Then it wouldn't be a surprise. *laughs* "Have to go, now. See you tonight. Love you too, Aunt Fera."

"They're okay<" Lank announced as he re-entered the living room. "They still have their power. And we're invited to dinner before we go."

21. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa looked up and smiled...and then frowned.*

Hmmmmmm. I hope it's going to be as much fun as the last one. I heard you say something about it being a monthly tradition. I like that!

*She pointed toward the windows.*

The rain has stopped...let's go outside.

22. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    "Nearly all the family lives onplanet, so we try and all gather for dinner once a month. It was always such fun, even when I was just a kid."

"Yeah, we'd better see if anything got blown down." *THe headed outside. There were a few branches down, but no serious damage. They checked the garage, and then finally the hangar. An old and somewhat dusty Headhunter sat in the middle*

"Now that brings back memories..."

23. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa made a circuit around the old starfighter, rubbing the paint off in a couple of places but the paint was so faded that she wasn't sure of the color.*

Where did you get this? It looks to be in passable shape on the outside...

24. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    "This belonged to my dad. This is where I actually got my start flying, and wht set me on the road to being a Jedi. Used to have grey with a red stripe, but that was just from the previous owner. We never could decide wha to paint it, so we just kinda let the paint flake off but kept the rest in as good a shape as we could."

OOC: Warning, backstory may be forecoming. :p

25. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa looked at the Headhunter in a different light now.*

Your Dad flew it? Was he in a defense group? And how did it lead you to being a Jedi?

OOC: *Sits at his knee* Tell us a story, Pleeeeeeeze!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.