main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive New Jedi Outcasts RP

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SECRETSISTER, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthFacetious

DarthFacetious Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 3, 2004
    Well, sir, we haven't really had a chance to hash things out yet, but after you yell at us, that's exactly what we're going to do. I'm sorry we caused a scene in the Mess, sir - it was unintentional...

*She trailed off, a blush rising in her face.*

TAG: Mak, Lank and Lissa

2. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    "I see," said Lank in a neutral tone. "I'm the absolute last person who should be talking to you two about mixing romance and duty, but I need to make this very plain, both to you, and to the rest of the crew which is why I called you two in- What goes on between you two, or anyone else abord this ship off-duty is fine, so long as it does not break any major laws or leave you in any way unfit to do your duties."

"But when you're screaming out the most personal details of your relationships and a hair away from attacking one another in the iddle of Mess, then we have a big problem. What makes it even larger is that you two are not only high ranking officers, but the two most experienced Jedi here. And it strkes a huge blow to morale and the efforts we just began undertaking to teach people about the Jedi and the Force by you doing this."

"Off the record, I hope you two can work things out. There's far too few reasons to be happy right now and two people finding solace and happiness with each other is one worth celebrating. ON the record, no matter what happens, I need you two to be able to work together professionally. We are on the eve of posibly the most important battle of our lifetimes, and I need everyone at their best. Have I made myself clear?"

Tag: D'nari, Hayden, Lissa

3. DarthFacetious

DarthFacetious Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 3, 2004
    *D'nari's blush intensified and she looked down at her booted feet*

Yes, sir.

TAG: Lank, Mark and Lissa

4. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    OOC: I uh...well, I dislocated my knee DANCING last night (of all things!) so I will be rather incoherent for a while as the painkillers do their magic. So bear with me folks ;)

IC: Dinn Tsalisz

Dinn felt the cold hand of paralysis leave her and gasped. The whole time Jim had been fighting, she had been powerless to stop O'Vann's attacks. No amount of screaming through the Force or trying to just move on her own had done any good.

As Jim approached her, she fairly collapsed from the tension her body had been under while the 'lesson' had been going on.

"That...man...is dangerous..." she stammered out.

Tag: Jason ;)

5. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    IC - Hayden Kress

As much as he wanted to argue the point, Hayden agreed. Perhaps the mess hall wasn't the best place to have such an arguement ... but better there then nowhere at all.

"Understood sir," Hayden replied, taking a gentle hold of D'Nari's hand, "I apologise for making a mess of the ... uhh ... mess hall. It won't happen again."

tag: Team Lank

6. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    "I sincerely hope not, Mr. Kress. Because I don't want to skip a hot meal to pull you two apart. I miss more than enough of those as it is."

"Is there anything you wish to add, Chancellor?" Lank asked, turning to Lissa.

Tag: Da boss, teh lovers. :p

7. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa scanned the faces of the two miscreants and saw that they were deeply embarrassed and chastised by Lank's dressing down.*

I think you covered it quite well, Admiral. *She looked pointedly at D'nari and Hayden.*

Both of you have a lot to learn about relationships. As my Guardian says, "Never air your dirty laundry in public." Remember that. Keep your private lives private...and for Force's sake, learn to talk to each other! And even more important, Listen to each other and hear what the other person is saying. I don't know what else to say except Don't Do It Again or I'll have you both peeling tubers for a month!

TAG: Lank and the squabblers

8. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Shasa stood outside the Chancellors office and looked at Zan.
    She wasn't sure what to say.

How are you feeling about the upcoming mission? Do you feel prepared,
    emotionally I mean?

TAG: Zan

9. Jim_Palso

Jim_Palso Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2004
    IC: Jim Palso

Jim Palso had to all but catch Dinn as she fell into his arms. He helped stablize her up against the wall. Dinn seemed a bit rattled by the experience, which Jim didn't quite understand. Of all people, Dinn Tough As Nails, was the last person Jim would expect to be so rattled by the experience. Maybe it had something to do with Dinn and Palso being so close to each other, Jim didn't know.

Jim flashed a smile to cheer Dinn up. "Yea, I gotta admit that was pretty harsh of a lesson, but the old man has a point. I would have never learned half the things I did today if I took it one small step at a time. I was thrown in there and, despite the fact that anyone could have schooled me and this was just training, I think I did pretty good." Jim pasued for a moment then went on, "Hey, are you okay? You've seen me do a lot more stupider things then that. What has you so rattled?"

Jim Palso was beging for some sleep right about now, but he wasn't going to just leave Dinn here like this. He wanted to go to bed with some peace of mind, not worrying about his 'sister'.

Tag Jessie :)

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    And I thought I was cold

Earwen couldn't help overhearing Skye's thoughts, but she quickly let it pass from her mind, setting her mental barriers higher. This conversation would be difficult enough without having him yell at her for reading his thoughts. The barrier proved futile as the moment Skye started talking, he projected his thoughts even clearer. He wanted her to pick up on everything. She handed Elerrina over to the Nanny droid and exited the nursery room. She did not want to upset the children.

"Before I get to us, I need to have my say about the situation. So if you want this conversation to continue, you are going to have to listen. And listen all the way. Yes, I agree that you could have handled the situation better, but what bothers me is more than just the yelling. I know why many of them wait until the last minute to approach you about ideas they have for the mission. It is because they find you hard to approach - sometimes even hard to track down. Some of them are even afraid of you. Sometimes you get in these moods where just starting a conversation with you appears deadly, I know this isn't the case, but that is the way it appears. For some of the team, they are afraid to approach you and only when the mission is at hand can they finally get the courage to approach you."

Earwen knew that her words weren't the kindest. She wasn't trying to inflict pain on him. Her words were bringing tears to her own eyes. She was just trying to make him aware.

"In the future, you may want to ask in advance if anyone has suggestions for the upcoming mission. That way suggestions can be brought up far enough in advance to be considered and the decision of whether or not to use them to be fully explained."

Earwen was struggling to find suitable wording. Trying to hold back the anger she felt and only let her love pour out. She didn't want to drive her love further away than she already had, but she couldn't ignore the issue facing them either. To deny that a problem existed would inflict more harm than confronting the beast.

"In this situation, neither Bel nor Dinn, to my knowledge, were aware that you had considered and underground approach. Lacking that information, they developed for that scenario. Preparing for it, not realizing another attempt had been decided upon. To fault them for all their hard work and making a suggestion is the trait of a dictator, not a leader. A leader listens and explains their decision. A dictator speaks and expects it to be law."

Earwen winced, those words came out harder than she wanted them to.

"I agree that Bel's threat to follow through on her plans regardless of approval was overboard, but if you stop to see where she stands, in her mind, this is the best form of action, and she believes in it so firmly that she is willing to face whatever disciplinary action comes her way to see it done. That to me is dedication. She'll be good for the Outcasts as long as you give her the chance."

Earwen looked down at her empty hands. Desperately wishing that she still had one of her children in her arms, just for a distraction, some connection that this all was not some bad dream. Earwen's eyes were full of tears by this point. She had a hard time understanding why Skye felt she didn't need him anymore. He was a part of her, he would always be a part of her. To lose him, would be to die.

"A wise mentor once told me that to gain control, sometimes one must lose it. I think that that is where you are at right now. You can choose to lament over the loss or adapt and find where you better fit. Maintaining control is alot like holding sand. The tighter you grip the sand, the more of it that slips out of your fingers. If you would only relax your grip, more of it would stay in its proper place. The team is moving on, we all are, as time moves on, you will only be left behind if you choose to be. I for one want you by my side. I need you by my side. I need you more than I need the air I am breathing, more tha

11. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    [Skye had felt like interrupting a few times, but decided against it. Earwen's words were truth, just not what the old soldier was used to]

[When she touched his cheek, Skye almost melted. Almost. Instead his eyes went from their serious stare to more of an inner reflection. Right now he felt very small, very weak. As his wife stroked his cheek, Skye slowly turned away, though not in a manner that suggested he didn't appreciate her affection. He just needed to do what he always did when faced with a problem: Stare out the window. His head was low while he gazed out at the stars and the small planet they were stationed near.]

I guess the Primean military works differently than the Outcasts. There, if a soldier's response wasn't "Yes, Sir", they were thrown in the brig. [Skye smirked in a small sense of cockiness] Why do you think most of the Primean Fleet was sent to bring me back? [Skye's face sombered back to his deep reflection] You say it's the words of a dictator to simply order... I wasn't brought up like that. On Alpha Prime, subordinates either followed orders or were punished. Simple as that.

[Skye sighed and turned from the window, plopping down heavily on the sofa. His hands covered his face, rubbing his temples] That mentality from my homeworld also probably is the cause of my coldness to people. I'll be perfectly honest: not many of the Outcasts I would consider more than a colleague. So being hard to approach also comes from me not wanting them to approach me. I'm not like you Earwen; I don't make friends too easily. [mentally he added] Especially when I am later ordered to KILL my friends... All I need from them is to just do what they are told, but apparently that's old-fashioned imperialist thinking. Kinda ironic, considering the legitimate government considers us to be a bunch of lawless mercenaries.

[Skye looked at his wife's somber expression and stood back up to approach her. He took her hand in his and looked in her eyes] Regarding us, I am the same way. I am sorry I didn't run after you after the meeting. That's not the way I deal with personal problems. You and I both needed some venting time, so I let us vent. However, I do remember something you promised me. Well, sorta. I had a vision of your Spirit before my abilities were stripped from me. You made a vow, and I must make the same to you.

[Skye wiped the tears from his wife's face as he spoke]

When you cry, I'll wipe away all of your tears,
    When you scream, I'll fight away all of your fears,
    For I'll hold your hand through all of our years,
    You'll always have all of me.

Tag: Earwen.

12. RogueTech

RogueTech Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2003
    OOC: Oh, goody! It's kiss and make up time for the Lightriders! [face_dancing] Also, for the new members (and maybe some of the old ones) It's 'TLO'. I know, sometimes it's hard to tell for sure. It is pronounced Tuh Low. A very short 't' sound - almost a tongue click. :)

IC:
    *Tlo finished putting the housing back on the Tractor Beam Projector in the Lambda shuttle, grimmacing as she did so.*

Stevens is going to have to fly this one - I could use a co-pilot, but we're short of fliers right now. I'll have to manage the Roguish Smile by myself - as if I hadn't done it before, for Sith's sake! It's just that I've been spoiled since I've come here...

*Her thoughts went to ShadowScout...naturally...and the times he had occupied the cockpit of the converted freighter with her.

We're a team...I need my team mate...

*Her thoughts came to a screeching halt as an overwhelming sense of anticipation filled her. No, Tlo wasn't Force Sensitive, but sometimes, when a couple are really close, one can detect or 'feel' the other's presence or nearness without any special gifts. Tlo's head came up as if sniffing the air.

Gaelix?

*Tlo just stood there, 'listening' for several moments, confused and wondering if what she suspected could be... She hurriedly stowed her tools and ran out of the shuttle.*

Lissa will know...

TAG: Myself.
    OOC: I'll answer as 'Lissa' later...

13. Pennsylvania_Yankee

Pennsylvania_Yankee Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2005
    IC: Peter Times

Peter Times stowed away the last of his modified ammo and his assault carbine into the special weapons locker in the middle of the Preventers Staging Room. The cylinder weapon locker lowered back into the floor. He had modified more then enough ammo for the mission and some back-up ammo.

Once everything was put away, Times looked at what this galaxy called a "chrono," what his galaxy called a "watch". It was late. Times then exited the Preventers Staging Room and entered his private quarters.

There, instead of going to bed, he sat on his bed, staring out his quarter's small window, out into space. The veteran soldier had much on his mind.

What he was ordered to do, was an order he would carry out with-out question. However, for the first time since Muddy Ridge, Peter Times ran into his own morals...morals that he thought he had lost years ago to war...

Tag Anyone

14. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003

Dinn pushed herself off Jim and steadied herself on the wall. She glared at him, frustrated that he wasn't exactly using his brain.

"I didn't mean the lesson you just had was dangerous." she snapped. "Well, it was, but so have most of my learning experiences and I didn't have the comfort of a training room!" She rubbed her arms, trying to get rid of the pins and needles. "That man almost killed you, and managed to keep me paralysed the entire time so I couldn't even speak, and you think he's a great teacher?! You need your head examined!"

Tag: Jason [face_devil]

15. Jim_Palso

Jim_Palso Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2004
    IC: Jim Palso

Jim Palso laughed. He loved how Dinn could get so defensive about things, especially when it had Jim Palso's name attached to it. "Cool your blaster turrets there, Dinn. Look at what Vergere did to Jacen. Far worst things." Palso wasn't sure if Dinn had heard of Vergere and Jacen Solo. Palso had heard of it from his smuggler contacts that he still kept strong. "And I don't need just my head looked at. I'm Corellian, remember? All Corellians need their heads looked at!" Palso joked. Jim Palso hoped that his light-hearted attempted to put a good smile on things and joke a little would work.

Tag Jessie :p

16. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Zandoran Celix
    Ill Repute, Outside the Chancellors Office

Shasa was in their for only a little while then she was standing in frot of him again. He couldn't help but see just how beautiful she really was. Even when they were faced with death so soon. Then she asked him something that truly gave him pause.

In all the years I've been alive, I have never been asked if I was prepared emotionally.

There are many emotions I've not felt. Many things I've not felt. And now, it seems we may all die very soon.

He looked at her. He didn't what else to say. So many things were runing through his mind. things he knew he may never do ro say ever. He looked at her and knew only one thing for certain. He wasn't ready. Not wen he was beginning to finally care. Before it hadn't mattered. He did what he did because he was good at it, and because it meant survival. Now other things were at stake. He was beginning to care for her and he was unsure if he truly knew the cost, if he lost her or if she was to be hurt because of him.

He only hoped that she knew waht to do from here, because all he knew was he feared caring. It was a luxury he was never allowed before. And he had seen what someone who cared for another was given.

He didn't want to see that torture ever again.

TAG: Shasa......

17. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    *Lank glanced at Lissa to make shure she was done before ending the meeting*

"All right you two. Get out of here and go make up. Just remember, we're less than 48 hours from mission start, and I expect you both at the top of your games. Dismissed."

*Lank waited for them to leave before flopping back in his chair and laughing silently*

"Since when did I get the rep for chewing people alive?" he asked Lissa.

Tag: Lissa, Hayden, D'Nari

18. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    IC

Thorr awoke from his force meditation and strapped on his lightsaber.
    He could feel the entire ship's excitement in the force. Something big was getting ready to happen.
    He decided that now was as good a time as any to get to know the guts of his ship.
    He walked out of his cabin and into the corridor.
    "i wonder where i should go first" he said aloud.
    and then randomly picking a direction, just wandered on, with no where in particular to go.

TAG: anyone who wants to meet me.

19. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    IC - Hayden Kress

"Yes sir, ma'am."

Hayden took D'Nari by the hand and the two left the room silently. It wasn't till they were far enough away from Lank's office that Hayden let out a long sigh.

"I hate it when they do that," he said, then smiled to D'Nari, "But at least now we have some time to ourselves."

The smiles on both their faces lasted all the way back to Hayden's room.

"So ... shall we?" he asked.

tag: Michelle

20. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa laughed.*

It's a 'Rogue Squadron' thing, dear. And I wasn't an 'official' member - you were!

*She grimmaced*

Besides, I'm really not that good at it...unless I'm really angry. Which I wasn't this time.

*Lissa rose from her seat....and halted mid-step, her eyes looking into the far distance.*

Who.......? ShadowScout?

*She managed to turn to Lank.*

Do you feel that? He's on his way back...and he's angry!

TAG: Lank

21. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    "I'm sure you could've done even better, Lis. You had more time to watch and learn from them-" *Lank trailed off when Lissa's attention turned away. As she bid, he stretched out with the Force, seeking the familar steady presence of Admiral Scout. He found it quickly, despite his weakening connection to the Force. He sensed the anger, as well as urgency*

"If something's made him that angry that we can sense it even here, it must be something very important." *Lank griamced*" But we can't send a hypercomm message while he's in transit. Nor can we risk whatever it is being overheard in case it's sensitive information."

Tag: Lissa

22. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa grimmaced.*

I'm sure you're right - it must be very sensitive or he would have commed us before leaving...wherever he was...

*Lissa's comm beeped and she clicked it open. There wasn't even time to acknowledge the call...*

Lissa! Where are you..? Nevermind, you're in Lank's office. Wait for me! Please!

*Lissa looked back at Lank, her face puzzled.*

That was Tlo - she's coming here and she sounds excited! Do you think....but...she's not Force Sensitive....

*A frantic knock sounded at the door.*

It's Tlo. She never touches the chimes when she's worked up....

23. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    "One thing I've learned is the Force isn't the only way to sense things, Lis" replied Lank. *He keyed the door to open for the agitated tech*

"What's wrong, Tlo?"

24. Talitha

Talitha Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    From where she had been sitting, Talitha picked up the sound of someone coming down the hallway. The pace made her assume that whoever it was was in no hurry to get to any where in particular. Please don't let it be the green lady. Talitha thought to herself before diverting her mind to other things in case the approaching being was force sensitive and nosey.

She watched the hallway as a man in brown jedi robes drew nearer. He had light colored skin and long, semi-messy hair and a beard. His build was hid in the folds of his robe which made a light swishing sound with each step. Something in his blue eyes gave off the impression that he was around his late 20s and that he hailed from Corellia. Over the years in her business, Talitha had gotten very good at reading people. Through the folds of his robe, clipped to his belt, Talitha caught glimpses of two lightsaber hilts and a blaster pistol.

As he came nearer, Talitha greeted him.

"Hello new friend. You joined up with us recently. I'm Talitha and I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time recalling your name."

Regardless of what she said, Talitha did remember his name. Her pink and purple lekku twitched, belaying the fact that she was lying. Thankfully, almost all humans could not accurately read the Twi'leki language. This was Thor Prenn. She didn't forget names and made it her business to know as much as possible. She knew enough to know that the Outcasts would be this man's first military experience.

Tag: PRENN :)

"One cannot defeat a heat storm. One must ride it."

25. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    OOC: As both of my characters...Lissa and Tlo...

*Tlo nearly fell into the room. She caught her balance and then just stood there, wild-eyed and gasping for breath.*

He's coming home, isn't he? Did you feel Gaelix? He's on his way, isn't he? Why did I feel him? I'm not....

*Lissa quickly strode forward and grabbed Tlo's shoulders, giving her a minute shake.*

Tlo! Slow down! You felt him? Maybe he was reaching out to you - your raport with him is very strong...

*Lissa glanced over at Lank and sent him a quick Force message.*

>>I don't think she picked up on his anger. I don't think we should mention it.<<

Yes. We felt his coming too. I don't know how far away he is, but he's coming fast. He could be here at any time - I can't give it to you exactly. I'm not that good....

*To Lissa's surprise, Tlo burst into tears.*

He....he'ssss c...cominggg h-h-homr!

Yes, he is....

*Lissa grinned at Lank.*

I gotta presume these are happy tears... I think I'll take her to...well...hm...

*She held Tlo in her arms and gently rubbed her back, then led her to the couch and made her friend sit down.*

I think she could use a bit of a drink....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.