main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive New Jedi Outcasts RP

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SECRETSISTER, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    IC
    Thorr looked intently at the twilek.
    "Hi Talitha, its nice to meet you" Thorr said, he was usually very good at reading people, and he got the impression this one was lying about something, but that was just a guess, she was really tough to read..
    "My name is Thorr Prenn, i'm from corellia and i used to be a jedi", Thorr smiled, "how long have you been with the outcasts? do you want to give me a tour and show me the ropes?"

2. Talitha

Talitha Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    "I've been with the Outcasts since for many, many standard months now. I would be glad to give you a tour and show you as much of the ropes that I know."

Talitha arose, stretching out her long legs and began to walk in step with Thorr.

"I'll start the tour with the garden and end it with the sims rooms if that meets your approval. Why did you become an Outcast?"

Tag: Prenn

"One cannot defeat a heat storm. One must ride it."

3. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Earwen watched as Skye stared out the window, again. She realized that somehow he must find comfort or order within the stars that helped him cope with the things going on in his head. She smiled as he made a promise to her. The words sounding sweet in her ears as he wiped away her tears.

"I will be forever grateful for this promise love."

Earwen embraced Skye in several minutes of silence before continuing, reluctantly. She desired to stay in his embrace where all of life worries melted away, but she needed to resolve the current matters of discussion first.

"Yes, as you said, we are different from the Primean military. We joined the Outcasts to be part of a team, not just an expendable soldier. If we wanted our identity stripped from us and our ability to think for ourselves stripped from us, we would have enlisted. Instead, we chose a place where we felt we could contribute, where our individual stengths would help out a greater whole. This is the desire of many of the Outcasts. We may not hold the highest ranks, but that does not mean we are unworthy of contributing or being heard."

Earwen could see herself rambling on about this for hours, but that would do no good, so she tried to get to her point.

"I know that when I present forth an idea, it is because I would like it thoughtfully considered, not blasted to pieces without apparent thought. If I wanted that, I would not have come to this group. I, like any other Outcast, desire the respect enough to know the reasons why my ideas may not work. I hunger for knowledge, just telling me my idea does not work is like a slap in the face, but explaining to me the reasoning behind why it will not work - helps me to grow. This is what I feel many in the team desire. Because we are a team and not an army."

Tag: Skye

4. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    IC:
    They began to walk.
    "That sounds fine with me, i became an outcast because the jedi order i felt was only aknolageding a narrow veiw of the force. and after my 5 year sojourn, i decided that i wanted to serve the entire force, and i thought the outcasts would be a good place for me to start. what about you? whats your story?"

TAG: Talitha

5. Talitha

Mar 4, 2005
    Remember what role you are playing? Yazzie's sing song voice echoed inside Talitha's brain. Talitha ignored the voice and went into the story of Talith'aryleyan, known to non-Twi'leks as Talitha Syna Ryley. Talitha shifted uneasily, getting into her role. A slaves past was not something to enjoy talking of.

"I was stolen from Clan Eyan at a very young age. I was forced into the dancing slave trade. I befriended a few people along the way, but was always torn from my friendships as I was sold repeatedly. I finally escaped for good. Unfortunantly in a bad ship. I was stranded in space when the Outcasts found me. They needed pilots at the time. I can fly, so I joined. Anything beats the life of a slave."

6. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    IC:

Thorr listend intently to the woman, she seemed uneasy about telling him all this and he sort of felt bad for making her tell him all of this. it was very interesting, he had never been a slave, but having been an oprhan, he felt like he connected with on a level that many didn't.
    "im sorry if this is making you uncomfortable," thorr said with an akward grin, "you don't have to tell me any more if you don't want to, though i do find you pretty easy to talk too..."

7. Pennsylvania_Yankee

Pennsylvania_Yankee Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2005
    IC: Peter Times

The former Staff Sergeant didn't know why it was so hard to carry this mission out. It was as if he was running into some moral coil with himself. But he had left his morals at Muddy Ridge. Muddy Ridge, nine months in frozen hell, had driven it out of him. He had no more morals. Muddy Ridge had sucked the last of good in him out, had turned him into a killing machine. No emotion. No feeling. Just kill the enemy.

It was that simple.

Yet so hard.

Peter Times shook his head in confusion, putting his head in his hands. He had started out a simple enough grunt when he had joined the war effort back during the Twin Suns Conflict. He had a family then, loved ones back home. Even after his first combat tour, he was still the same old Peter Times that people knew as the store clerk down on Main Street. Some changes had taken place, but Peter Times was still able to laugh and joke with the best of them. Then Valengrad came, over two years of hell. Marching and fighting, marching and fighting, marching and fighting. With modern weaponry, they slaughtered each other with World War II tactics, mostly due to a lack of air support on both sides. Then came Sunny Ridge, later to become known as Muddy Ridge. Two armies camped in the same city, killing each whole sale. There was no end to it. This was the battle to end the whole war. Each side had become so isolated with just the world of Twun Suns that they had forgetten that the Confederates controlled most of the ETL space and that the ETL forces were still dangerous enough to attack in hit and run attacks. The two armies had fought until...

Peter Times couldn't bring himself to bring back those memories. No one could. It was his own private hell to deal with. War had turned him into a monster, a monster that followed orders without question.

After Muddy Ridge came four months of hide and seek with two of the largest armies ever assembled against each other. Through small villages and through mountain passes they fought. Then came the Blue Mountains, a three month seige of the last defensable position the battle weary First Confederate Army could muster. Even Fortress Mountain was rendered useless for the Confederate's defense. For three months, artillery on both sides pounded each other with small actions of infantry against each side. It was the most artillery, even surpassing the artillery amount used at Muddy Ridge, ever in the Twin Suns Conflict. To this day, as far as Peter Times knew, there had never been more artillery used ever. The once beautiful looking Blue Mountains was turned into a crater-stricken mound that streched as far as the eye could see. There were still plenty of trees and lakes and rivers and streams, but there was also plenty of artillery craters as well.

Then came Lightening Night. It was only one month into the Blue Mountains Campaign, but the First Federal Naval Fleet had broke the First Confederate Naval Fleet in two and had put as many ships as they could through the gap. For three hours, Federal Naval forces pounded the whole plantet of Valengrad, knocking out air fields and military buildings. But the attack forcused on the Confederate First Army's front line of defense in the Blue Mountains.

It was the most beautiful thing Peter Times had ever seen. The night sky was a show of of what seemed to be thunder storms and lightening rolling across the night sky. Artillery support mission aided the starfighter bombings and space-based ship bombardments. After it was all done, after the true beauty of warfare was captured for three hours and then let go, over one hundred and fifty thousand Confederate Troops lay dead or wounded. The Confederate Army, after Lightening Night, had out-numbered the Federal Army only be fifty thousand soldiers. Two months later the Blue Mountains Campaign ended with Peter Times' Fifth Federal Corps, along with the Third Federal Corps, slamming into the Confederate's left flank. As the Third Corps held the left flank, the Fifth Corps swept around the remaining flank and into the enemy's

8. Talitha

Mar 4, 2005
    "It's not that the telling really makes me uncomfortable... no... it's more of a sadness. I only have a few highlights of my life growing up. I could tell you a few of the highlights if you would like to hear those. I guess the only time my story really makes me feel uncomfortable is when people look down on me for being an ex-slave."

The two walked as they talked. A few more turns and they would arrive at the gardens.

9. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    IC:

"well, i can assure you that i won't look down on you, i was an orphan who lived on the streets untill i was 10!!" they were bound to be approching something by now Thorr thought to himself..."i would love to hear as much of your story as you want to tell, all the diffirent types of people and their stories fascinate me. i can't tell, are you force sensitive?"

10. Talitha

Mar 4, 2005
    "No. I am not force sensitive..." Sensitivity to the force was not really something Talitha wanted to discuss at the moment. So she quickly went on. "Learning to fend for yourself at such a young age is tough. I bet you have as many emotional scars as I do to prove that fact."

They rounded a corner to face the entrance to the gardens.

"These are the ship's gardens. I like to come here from time to time when I miss growing things."

11. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    "Wow, they are beautiful."
    Thorr chould see himself spending alot of time here. For most of his life he was on the streets, so whenever he found something growing, he loved it.
    "i didn't 'really get to see alot of stuff like this growing up. it was all the streets for me. yea, i guess i have alot of scars, i had alot of friends, needless to say, none of them were as lucky as me, they are all dead. i have seen things that nobody should see, let alone nobody as young as i. I have had enough experiances to last me a life time. There aren't many things i havn't seen, though i'm always surprised about how big the galaxy is..."

12. Talitha

Mar 4, 2005
    "If you want, the tour can wait and we can roam around in here for a while. I like it because it is so peaceful in here."

They continued to walk around the garden, Talitha letting the feel of many of the plants glide beneath her finger tips. She remembered the hard life in the wild... He's force sensitive Chameleon! Contain your thoughts to your role. Yazzie's warning echoed in Talitha's brain.

"My best friend is dead as well. He was a hangar tech and like a brother to me..."

13. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    "we can stay in here, this place is so beautiful"
    He thought he felt a small flicker of something come from her in the force, but this girl knew what she was doing when it came to hiding stuff.
    "sorry to hear about your friend. ive never really had anybody who was like a brother, just some close friends. never had any family, i guess you could say im somwhat of a loner, although i love people. its sort of weird. i can pretty much survive in any situation, i have really good instincts. do you get along with alot of the piolets here? are they pretty nice? are you close to any of them? sorry if im getting too personal, you don't have to talk about what ever you don't want to. its just nice to have somebody to talk to who can sort of understand me..."

14. Talitha

Mar 4, 2005
    Talitha was glad that they could stay in here. It hopefully meant less of a chance of running into the green woman. It also meant that her socialization might ease the mind of D'nari and whoever she involved. Having her cover blown now would ruin all her plans. Talitha just hoped that whatever thoughts did slip from her mind through the force would not be enough to incriminate her.

"I have a family, but I don't even know if they cared when I was taken from them. For the longest time, I even believed the lie I had been fed that they had sold me... well... at least I hope it is a lie... With the history of my planet... it could be truth... I learned how to survive not on the streets, but as property. I learned that if I didn't fight for myself, no one would... The pilots here are nice. I get along with them well when they choose to interact with me or I with them. I have been rather withdrawn lately. Mostly because humans, especially female humans, tend to feel out of place around me. I make them uncomfortable. So no, I am not close to any of them at this point, but I really am enjoying talking with you. For entirely different pasts, we have some common threads."

15. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003

Dinn stared at her 'brother' blankly. 'He has no idea.' she thought, and finally felt herself able to speak again.

"Look," she tried again, in a calmer voice. "Your lunatic Butler friend might be all sagely advice and killer moves, and that might just appeal to you, but please..." Here, Dinn stepped forward and lay both hands on Jim's shoulders, forcing him to look directly at her and see the seriousness in her expression. "Don't let your affection for the man cloud your judgement of him, okay?"

But the smirk on the smuggler's face told her exactly what he was thinking. Probably along the lines of 'Aww, ain't she cute when she's angry'. Dinn's expression soured, replacing her calm with resignation.

"I'm going to bed. You should do the same, you had your arse handed to you in there. I'll see you before we leave for the mission." she muttered, turning on her heel and walking briskly to the turbolift. As the doors closed, she saw Jim staring after her.

'Dammit! Don't let me lose him too...'

Tag: Jason :)

16. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Meanwhile...

IC - Bel Sei

Bel returned to Dinn's room, sitting on the bed in wait for her friend to return. In her mind, the dream played out. In parts, however. Most of it was a blur, which was a typical element to her dreams. But certain pieces remained, and it was those that troubled her. Especially that of Dinn's frail body.

tag: Jess

17. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003

Dinn palmed open the door to her quarters and was slightly startled to see Bel waiting for her, eyes intent.

"Hey you." she said, a tired greeting. "Where'd you get to?"

Tag: Mark

18. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    ... You're right of course. I should have started with the reason why I rejected the suggestion. I thought I did, but it came out too harshly.

Well I will certainly make a valiant effort now to be... more understanding of other's ideas. [Skye smiled] Besides, we don't want the kids to have all my bad traits now do we?

[After a short chuckle, Skye grew serious again.] It always seems like when we have personal time something is looming in the near future. I was talking to O'Vann, Palso's apparent Butler and the latest of his guests, and I found out he was an old Clone Wars era Jedi. Still not as old as me, but closer than any of the other crew. Well he caught me in the middle of making this. [Skye pulled out some components of his lightsaber, still in pieces and unfinished] The rest of it is in the Preventer's hangar. Well I was having trouble concentrating on making it. O'Vann made me think, and I figured I needed a Jedi's help. Considering the reasoning behind making this lightsaber is to protect you and the kids first and foremost, I can think of no other Jedi to help me finish it than you.

Except of course I have [checks chrono] 45 hours to figure out how to build this and make it work. That includes finding a crystal... I have no more Energon properly attuned, unless I rip it out of one of the kids' sabers... Well, I guess I have to see what I can find at that point in time.

Tag: Earwen.

OOC: I get my computer tonight! woohoo!

19. Jim_Palso

Jim_Palso Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2004
    OOC: I just lost a huge post! Oh well, probably for the better. :)

IC: Jim Palso

"Don't let your affection for the man cloud your judgement of him, okay?"

Those words hung in Jim Palso's mind as he entered the turbolift that took him to his quarters. Upon entering, it was dark (the lights being turned off) and quiet, finding Bugger deactivated in sleep mode by his bed, Bugger being pluigged into the wall to recharge his power cells. Bugger woke up and asked Jim Plaso a question. Jim Palso put a finger to his lips and smiled. Bugger replied with some beaps and whistles quietly and then deactivated again. As Palso entered further, he saw Walkjing Library deactivated as well on the couch, plugged into the wall to recharge his power cells.

Palso went to his refresher quietly, not wanting to wake up either of the droids, and changed into some bed clothes. Once that was done, Palso went to bed.

Tag Anyone :)

20. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    IC:

Thorr was enjoying this.
    He kept feeling weired emotions and some guilt come from her in the force, but he decided it would be best to leave them alone for the time being. It had been a while since he had somebody to talk to who could somewhat understand him, and he didn't want to scare her off just yet.
    "thats good to know, concerning the other piolets i mean. are there any former jedi among this group? or any good at dueling? i need somebody to practice against, machines can only do so much...
    "what about you? are you good at fighting? i'm pretty good, growing up on the streets, and then add all my jedi training, but i don't really like to fight. i'm more of a pacifist when it comes down to it. i'd much rather sit down and talk about philosophy than fight. i understand about making people feel uncomfortable, because of my past, i can seem rather blunt at times, but ive been told that im good with people, they just don't usually approach me. i guess i'm just so hot and good at everything that it makes them scared of me" Thorr smiled as he said this, so that she would know it was a joke. in fact, he didn't think very highly of himself at all...

21. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Taking a few steps closer, Never fear death. It comes and we welcome it. The force guides us, even in death. I just didn't want you emotions bring back bad memories.

Closing her aqua eyes for a moment she reached out in the force, testing his feelings, their connection.
    Shasa then sent a force message. *Learn to trust your feelings, follow your instintics, choose what is right.

TAG: Zan

22. DarthFacetious

DarthFacetious Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 3, 2004
    *D'nari preceeded Haden into his room. She noticed with relief that he still had a stool instead of the blasted chairs everyone seemed to like. She perched on it and looked at him.*

It depends on what you want to do, but I think Lank and Lissa are right - we need to talk more. So, I'll let you begin...

TAG: Hayden

23. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    "The Force isn't the only way one can know something, Lis," said Lank with a philosophical shrug. *He was surprised by the certainty of Tlo's voice and the reaction she had upon learning Tabini was returning. He sent agreement at Lissa's nonverbal suggestion*

Let her be happy, she needs this.

"I think I have something stashed away," Lank said, heading for a small cabinet. He withdrew a bottle of wine and a few glasses. pouring a serving for each of them and handing them out*

Tag: Tlo, Lissa

24. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    OOC: Double character post...

IC:
    *Tlo gratefully took the glass, cradling it carefully in both her shaking hands so she wouldn't spill or drop it. She wanted to slug it back, but thought better of it knowing it would probably knock her off her feet. So she sipped carefully and let the warmth of the liquor seep through her.*

Thank you, Lank.

*She took a few moments to calm herself further before she spoke again.*

I-I feel so s-s-silly, c-c-crying l-like this-s-s. I-I mean, I'm-m-m s-s-sooo h-happy! It j-just t-took so long!!!!

*Lissa smirked.*

I think Mara might say that he's running on 'Jedi' time - which means it's always going to take longer than they think.

*She accepted her glass of wine and raised it in an informal toast.*

To Jedi everywhere and especially Gaelix Tabini. Lank (she winked at him), we'll have to keep an ear out for his arrival and make sure Tlo isn't sleeping when he comes in.

*Tlo instantly bridled.*

Sleep! How can I sleep now?!?!? Just wait til he sets that bird of his down! He's gonna find out just how wide awake I am!

TAG: Lank

25. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    "Tlo, I'm sure he's been feeling the same way as you. Worse possibly, for being the one to have to leave for a bit."

*smirks, raises his glass is mock salute*

"Careful, Tlo. I just had to dress down D'nari and Hayden Kress for having a lover's quarrell in the Mess. I don't want to have to call you two in here for 'dressing down' each other in te middle of the Hangar," Lank said with a laugh.

Tag: She of the two characters. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.