main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive New Jedi Outcasts RP

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SECRETSISTER, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    *Earwen slowly began to come out of her trance like state, becoming aware of those still around her at the pyre and the lack of others. She sat up slowly, moving from her knees to a cross-legged position. She felt Skye's connection.*

I'll get there eventually

*She was not ready to find her feet yet. One of the twins kicked and she placed a hand on that spot, a smile beginning to creep onto her face. The circle will continue. Others will be brought into this galaxy whether the galaxy will be ready for them or not. Knight... Ruja... would always remain a part of them. He was in the hearts of those who knew him and one with the Force. She moved a stray strand of hair from off her tear streaked face and stood up, her gaze intently focused on the dying embers. She remembered the burial of her great-grandmother and the erie song that had been sung. Before she realized it, that song was also flowing off her lips.*

Have you ever watched a pyre fire,
    When the wood has fallen low,
    And the ashes start to whiten,
    Neath the embers crimson glow.

When the Force is all around you,
    And you say your last farewell.
    Remember all the memories,
    And the stories you can tell.

Forever they will live on,
    In the hearts of those they know.
    And as their tales are passed on,
    Their legacies will grow.

Ooo o o ooooo
    Ooo o o ooo
    Ooo oo o ooooo
    Ooo o o oooo

*The melody soothed her some and calmed the twins completely. She glanced around at the others still near the fire. Completely aware of them now.*

Tag: all at fire

2. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    [Lightrider cleared his throat]

I have a theory... It wasn't an external entity... it was Knight himself.

[Skye calmed himself as the shocked looks stared at him]

I don't know if you guys could feel it, but Knight's death did something really odd, something I never saw before. Perhaps it was just the Spirit that could see through the Force, but after Knight's death, I saw a tear... a tear in the Force. From that was this dark emanation. I saw it... mingle around, pervade around everyone.

I don't know what came over me, but I had to fire. My scar burned deep with darkness and I pulled the trigger. I also saw the darkness flow through people. It was about then that everyone went dark... it's a mixture of lack of emotional training and proximity to Knight's life.

As for stopping it, well the tear was sealed after the SD was destroyed. Ater that [shrugs] those without training needs to work on controlling their emotions, and I need to make sure when I see this, I tell everyone.

3. DarthFacetious

DarthFacetious Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 3, 2004
    *D'nari sat down with a thump, her jaw sagging open. That hadn't even occured to her!*

TAG: everyone

4. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa sat back, stunned.*

A tear in the Force...triggered by Knight's death? Is that possible?

*She gave a disgruntled shrug.*

How the frell would I know? I'm one of the weakest Force users in the Outcasts!

*Taking a deep breath, Lissa admitted her failing to the others.*

Surely this could be what happened...and unfortunately, I am very weak in both power and knowledge of the Force. I need to learn - and quickly! I think that many of us need to do so.

*She looked up.*

We get so busy...with the mundane that surrounds us...

*She left the words hanging, wondering about Force strengthening exercises, meditation...things she knew so little about....*

TAG: All!

5. CloneCommander07

CloneCommander07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2004
    IC: Troy

Troy acknowledged Skye's thoughts about the unconventional disturbance in the force. He paused to think about what could be a possible explanation, but somehow didn't come to a final conclusion for awhile.

In fact, he himself remembered the day Knight became one with the force. It occured to him that a sudden force surge reached out to him. He agreed that it was unlike any Jedi death he had felt before. He came to a explanation and began to share with the the other Outcasts.

"Perhaps what we felt was a powerful force surge when Knight died. His life was bound to the force and, of course, he was very wise with his teachings. Maybe since he was a strong, wise, powerful Jedi, the disturbance we felt was normal but more powerful. A lot more powerful."

After thinking about his own explanation, his sub-concious mind told him that this was most-likely not the case; It just didn't feel right.

TAG: Anyone

6. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    Well that's my theory. I can't show you what I saw, as it lies outside the Force-realm. Just be careful of what you do. If a tear in the Force can occur over the loss of Knight, who knows what other acts can tear it again?

[bows] now if you will excuse me, I need to spend some time with my wife. [leaves and hurries back to the pyre, approaching his wife] So how are you doing my love? I know the pain hurts, but talking about it must be better than keeping it in.

Tag: Earwen.

7. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    *Earwen turned to face Skye, the look of the ashes forever emblazoned in her mind.*

"I'm doing okay love. The twins are calm now. I think this may have hit me harder than it normally would have because I am so emotional."

*She intertwined her fingers with Skye's and placed her other hand on her back to ease the pain of the added weight that was now showing.*

"What do you say we head back to the Stryke. I need to give Sanda some attention."

Tag: Skye

8. RogueTech

RogueTech Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2003
    *Unsure if she should urge Scout to talk, Tlo kept her usually busy mouth shut and just walked with her love. As they approached the Roguish Smile she could hear faint voices inside. She was a bit unhappy about that, but, recognising the speakers, she quashed her own needs for the nonce.*

It's the Brass...

TAG: Scout

9. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    Sure love. I really don't want to stay here. Plus the KnightStryke still needs some repairs.

[pulls out his comm] Lance, Dinn, I'm taking Earwen and we're going up to the Stryke. Looks like you'll need to use the Rougish Smile to get back home. Lightrider out.

Okay love, let's go home. [Skye's hand replaced Earwen's at her back as he led her to the ship, then sat her down in the command chair (refitted for more comfort). Skye then jumped in the pilot's chair and powered up the ship.]

Let's go home love. [launches the ship and heads for the Stryke

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    *Earwen boarded the KnightStryke, taking one last longing look over her shoulder at the remains of the Pyre. She sat down in the command chair and relaxed.*

"It's been so long since we've been alone, hasn't it."

11. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    Yes it has... what with everything that has been happening. Me needing to be in meetings all the time, you with D'Nari watching over the pregnancy. I just want to go home and relax before yet more work pops up.

[the ship glides smoothly into the Stryke's hangar and Skye helped his wife disembark. Skye chuckled a little at his wife] It looks like the twins are turning you into a fully blossomed woman. [rubs swollen belly] how far along are you? six, seven months?

[Skye caught himself] that reminds me... you know a few of us went a little dark during Knight's death. Have you felt anything adverse in the twins?

12. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    "I lost track of how far along. And as for the twins, I haven't felt anything unusual in them. I think I may have taken most of the pulse from Knight's death that came our way."

*They made their way up the lift and down the halls to their room. Earwen chuckled at the site of their blazing pink door.*

"You will let me return the favor to Jimina, won't you. I have the perfect plan."

*She palmed the door open and they went inside. Sanda jumping onto her shoulder as they entered.*

"I guess she missed me."

13. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    [Mutters] I thought I had ordered maintenance to take care of the door before we got back. No matter. Palso should take credit for his own work. Though I will need light reflectors to cut out the glare.

[scratches Sanda behind the ears. When Earwen first got the animal, it didn't take to Skye very well. A few broken pieces of furniture and nasty growling at his presence was evident of that. However, they had grown accustomed to each other, though Sanda still liked to compete with Skye for Earwen's attention. This time though Sanda purred nicely at him]

Hey Sanda. Glad you aren't biting me.

[dumps his gear on the couch and plops down. sighs loudly] My first bit of relaxation in two weeks...

14. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Laine watched the Hunk of Junk II rise and head back to the Stryke. She stared until it disappeared out of the atomosphere.

Who can he trust on the Stryke, if he thinks he can only trust non-Force users? There aren't that many non-Force users on the ship, or in the Outcasts. I'd better go hitch a ride on the Smile so I can head back to my quarters. She really didn't want to ride on the Smile--it having been the place where her actions had led Jim to believe that she, as a Force-user, could not be trusted with his life--because he 'couldn't know if there wasn't an evil person controlling her'. She stood and kicked at the log, and watched some of the moss and such fall off of the log. Laine slowly trudged to the Smile and found the "Brass", as Jim had termed them, in a deep conversation.

"Sorry if I interupted anything," she said.

TAG: The Smile people

15. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    *Earwen sat down on the couch next to him, Sanda settling on her tummy.*

"That's because you aren't under medical orders to do so love."

*She said teasingly.*

16. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Interesting theories, Skye, Troy. *acknoledges the elder men with nods*

*sighs* it doesn't work that way, Lissa. It takes years of training. Even I wouldn't consider myself a full-fledged Jedi. I trained under Kyle Katarn, so I learned much of the Dark side, and how dangerous it can be. I can offer my experience, but I'm not much of a teacher. We must look to the experienced Force-users, and try to mend the damage we've done.

Tag: All in shuttle

17. ShadowAssailant

ShadowAssailant Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2003
    J'Kah quickened his pace as he looked for D'nari. He eventually found her.

"Did Silver say the force-user that attacked him was still around. I sensed dark energy, and when I searched I saw a green figure walking in the forest. Don't worry, I concealed my force signiture, but he may get away if actions aren't taken. I don't usually deal with others problems, but I don't feel at ease when my fellow members of the Outcasts are attacked and I'm more than willing to track this guy down. Of course, I'd have to ask Lannik before I did anything."

Tag:Anyone,D'nari

18. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    [chuckles at his wife's joke as he slipped one arm around her and the other alternated between scratching Sanda's head and stroking her smooth belly]

Maybe I should seek medical grounding as well. Or at least a vacation. This might be the last time we can be together before the children arrive. [shifts in seat and hand rises from belly to stroke her face] I definitely haven't been the caring, attentive, always there husband you deserve.

[leans in and kisses] You are the most important thing to me Earwen.

19. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    *Earwen smiled and replied*

"And yet, somehow I've always known that."

*She gazed lovingly into his eyes and then smirked.*

"So D'Nari confirmed what we had already assumed. I'm caring twins, a boy and a girl. We should consider thinking of names."

20. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    OOC: I'm trying to find a place to fit in. Guess my last post didn't happen at the right time.

IC:
    Shasa sat by the fire and watched as others left.
    Hunger suddenly filled her, she pulled out a ration bar and smirked at it.

"Ugh!"

Tag: anyone still by the fire??

21. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    Yeah we figured it was twins really quickly. They are pretty strong in psionic energy. A mixture of the Force and Spirit sensitivities... I hope that's not dangerous. We just have to make sure they are trained properly.

Names? Uhhhh... I don't know love. Primeans always believed that one does not give their children names, but that we simply discover what their names have always been. For example, I am Skye because of my deep blue eyes, well at least that was what my mother and father told me.

The children should show us what their names are supposed to be.

22. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa curbed her impatience and the niggling fear that had been with her since she found out how easily the Darkness had invaded the Outcasts. She noticed Laine come in and saw the haunted look in her eyes. Lissa wondered if she looked that way, too. She took a deep breath.*

I know it must take a long time to master those defenses, but the sooner we who are not properly trained can start learning, the safer we are from attacks like we experienced from whatever it was that came from that Star Destroyer. And I'm afraid that we must rely on of of you who have been properly trained.

*She threw up her hands, worry and frustration breaking through.*

I don't even know who of the Outcasts have formal training besides you, Lank - and D'nari!

*She tried to center her thoughts on the strongest among the whole group.*

ShadowScout, Fuimus Maximus, Silver...*she scanned the faces befor her* ...who else?

TAG: ALL!

23. FuimusMaximus

FuimusMaximus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    After setting his ship down in the Stryke's hangar, Maximus headed off to his quarters. The events of the past days left him troubled. He had felt in the Force what everyone else did, but had no explaination for it. The loss of Knight, distracted his mind too much in the last few days. But now after the funeral and saying his goodbye, the grief was not as bad. His mind was alot more clearer than it had been. He thought to himself..."Knight wouldn't want us moping around forever. He'd want us sharp and ready to go at any second." Smiling, he continued on.

With so many personel not onboard due to the funeral and others still in a somber mood, the halls and corridors were very quiet. Arriving at his quarters, Maximus removed his Jedi robes and sat legs crossed on the floor. He needed answers. Answers only meditation could bring him. He closed his eyes.

24. DarthFacetious

DarthFacetious Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 3, 2004
    You'd have to get it past the Chancellor before Lannik could permit you to track anyone. I wasn't here to hear the entire story, J'kah. Laine and Palso would know more, but I think you should also report to the Chancellor and so should Silver...

TAG: J'kah or whomever

25. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    *sends a wave of comfort to Lissa*
    Then I suggest we poll our Force users and find out who might have had formal training. We might also consider contacting Master Skywalker, see if he can spare one of the Praxeum teachers. Just so long as it's not Durron. *sets jaw for a moment* We should aslo convene a metting with all the Force users, try and straighten some things out.

Laine, have you had any formal training to use the Force?

Wing Commander and possibly now a de facto Jedi master?! By the time I'm able to train them much, I might not be even able to lift a pebble. I could use a little help here, Force...

Tag: anyone in the shuttle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.