main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive New Jedi Outcasts RP

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SECRETSISTER, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim_Palso

Jim_Palso Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2004
    Hanger Bay, Stryke

Jim Palso was bored as he sat on one of the benches on the wall in the hanger. The hanger looked boring. No activity. There were barely enough people in the hanger to have a full crew on duty. Even Glitch, of all things in the hanger, was silent. Palso found something to smile at. Maybe Tlo told Glitch to give everybody a break today with the...the death of Knight. Knight's name brought the sadness and dread of the day right back to life for Jim Palso.

He slumped down in the bench chair even more. The boredem was killing him more right now then being mad at the Force Users. Well, correction, he wasn't really mad, just fearful of what could happen if things went really wrong next time. For the first time in Palso life, Palso was afraid of something and he couldn't really do anything to fix the problem. It wasn't a run in gym or lifting weights where you could just out-do the next person. The only solutions were to either lock all the Jedi up on the ship, basiclly the whole ship's crew, or trust them to make the right choices and train.

Being laxed in the first place, without proper training, made this happen. If it was Palso's chocie, he'd have every Force User in some type of class right now for their Force abilities. They had to train...they had to learn. But were they willing to learn?

Palso train of thought was interrupted with a friendly pat on the back and Tim "Afro Man" Stevens coming in from the corridors and sitting down next to Palso. Tim, Afro Man as he was often called because of his afro hair, was still not a offical member of the crew. In fact, Jim was shocked to see no secuirty guards around him this time.

"What? No secuirty guards this time?" Jim said, sitting up staright, a smile finally coming to his face.

"Guess so. Looks like they trust me...kind of. Got kind of tired of those guards following me around and those guards got tired of following me around. Two weeks of it is enough, man."

Palso chuckled. "Yeah, well, welcome back to military life."

"It blows. The one reason I got out. Tired of people telling me what I could and couldn't do outside of a warzone on my days off." Tim said.

"Your choice." Palso said.

"Yeah, well, oh well." Tim said, putting his chin on his hand, adding, "So, what do you want to do?"

"****. I don't know. Know anyone throwing a party?" Palso suggested.

"No."

"Training?"

"No."

"Work?"

"No."

"****."

"You say that word a lot." Tim said.

"What? The S word? A course I do. I'm bored."

"****." Tim said.

"And you say I'm bad? At least I don'ty say the F word as much." Jim said.

"Shut up." Tim said.

"You first." Jim said, adding, "I have an idea."

Hanger Bay, Stryke, Fifteen Minutes Later
    "Your crazy." Tim said.

"It might need some work, but in other wise working order." Jim said.

"No," Crazy Mike said, coming over to stand on Palso's other side and crossing his arms over his chest with a rag in hands, "Your crazy."

"Who asked you?" Jim said, looking at Crazy Mike.

"No one, but I am still your Chief Mechanic, Mr. Palso. How the hell are you going to get that up in the air, even? It hasn't been touched in years."

"This old Bucket of Bolts may look old, but a we can modify this BTL-A4 Y-Wing Longprobe into the most verstal (sp?) starfighter we have on this ship." Palso said proudly. Finally, something to take his mind off of the Force Users and the last battle. A smile crept across his face.

"Well," Crazy Mike said, "You need plans---I see, you already have them." Crazy Mike corrected himself as Palso produced a rough set of papers. Crazy Mike went through the papers really quick, nodding. "It's doable. We might need to look into the dark corners of the ship to find some unused or scrapted parts. But the engines, sesnors, and power generator will be a problem, Jim. We don't have this stuff around here. And even if we did, it would be unstable."

"Mi

2. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Laine looked up from her thoughts, a little startled. She listened to Lank's question.

"Yes, sir, I've had some formal training. The man who identified my sister and I when we were children was a reclusive Jedi Master Rolkyn Starrusher--I was trained until I was about eleven or twelve. I had started to entertain the thought of one day going to the Academy on Yavin, but then my parents decided to move and devote our full time to the work. I've gotten kind of rusty, but I've tried to keep up learning about since that time."

TAG: Lank

3. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    *Earwen looked at Skye with curiousity.*

That is interesting. On my planet we would be given names with specific meaning. Often reflecting our future natures yet unknown. For example, I was born during the high peak of a storm and was given the name Earwen, in my tongue that means sea maiden and it reflects on my unpredictable and prone to wander nature.

Tag: Skye

4. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    ooc: Just getting us moving along :)

IC:

Dinn and Lance got Skye's comm message at the same time.

"Well, there goes our ride home..." Dinn sighed, shading her eyes so she could watch the KnightStryke leave the atmosphere. "We'd better not miss the next shuttle then."

The couple walked back to the clearing and, when it seemed that the party was breaking up, hiked back to the RogueishSmile.

"I guess we should announce our presence here...don't want people thinking we're listening in." Dinn said to Lance silently.

They made their way, following the sounds of voices. The Brass Dinn thought, identifying the new Chancellor and various members of the new inner circle.

Knowing Lance probably had a lot more to say about the topic at hand than she did (setting aside the fact that she was one of the untrained Force-users they seemed to be talking about) Dinn hung back, leaning against the doorway.

Tag: Everyone...

5. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    IC: Major Soltaris

Rogueish Smile

Lance smiled softly as he stepped in through the doorway, hanging back very close to the inside portion. "Am I interrupting anything?"

TAG: RS crew/passengers

6. DarthFacetious

DarthFacetious Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 3, 2004
    *When Lance announced his presence, D'nari moved over to him and knelt before him.*

I humbly ask for your forgiveness, Captain. I was wrong to assume you had anything to do with the episode that followed Knight's death. I hope that we can continue our association...

TAG: Jeff

7. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003

Rogueish Smile

A quizzical experssion, slowly becoming stern. "Get up," he said calmly. The voice carried no anger, but more shock than anything else. "And while you're at it, explain again why you're apologizing. The logic behind you having to do such a thing escaped me."

TAG: 'Chelle, RS crew/passengers

8. DarthFacetious

Apr 3, 2004
    *D'nari got to her feet.*

I wrongly assumed your spell had something to do with it. It didn't. The Vice Chancellor saw a rip in the Force occur when Knight died. You had absolutely nothing to do with it...

TAG: Jeff and others who want to jump in...

9. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003

RS

A wry smile appeared on the major's face. "Please, madam... Help a physically-blind man see the logic here... You've explained why you are apologizing, yet you fail to see that there is no need for it."

Lance let out a low sigh. "Actually, D'nari, I should be the one apologizing. I was a jerk earlier... I got angry at your quick judgment, and I reacted too aggressively." His head was hanging low in shame. "Can you forgive me, doc?"

TAG: 'Chelle, RS crew/passengers

10. DarthFacetious

Apr 3, 2004
    *She held out her hand to aquiess(sp?)*

You are forgiven. Perhaps we could eventually become friends. It seems we have an absolute dearth of trained Jedi. To avoid this occurance again, they have to be trained.

TAG: All

11. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003

Dinn felt like she should jump in, being one of these 'untrained' Jedi D'Nari and the others had mentioned.

"What exactly do you mean by training anyway?" she asked politely. "I'm as happy as the next person to get some pointers, but having never been under any instruction past picking up bits and pieces from other people..." Dinn trailed off, finding her point. "The phrase 'You can't teach an old sand panther new tricks' comes to mind, thats' all."

She felt a little silly now that she'd spoken, but shrugged it off.

Tag: Everyone

12. DarthFacetious

Apr 3, 2004
    What we need to teach is basic control and shielding so something like this doesn't occur again, Dinn. Everyone has the instinct for it, but it has to become conscious control, not instict because instinct can fail... Anyways, it's not like we're going to send everyone to the nearest temple. We're going to figure out a way that is beneficial to all of us and not too hard to master...

TAG: Anyone

13. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003

RS

Lance chuckled a little at his beloved's euphamism. "You'd be amazed, Dinn, what one can learn. You're teaching me new things, remember?"

He focused his attention back on D'nari. "If I may be so bold as to mention... My mother trained me when I was a young boy. I completed it myself after she was murdered. I'd be glad to help in any way I can."

TAG: 'Chelle, Jessie, RS people

14. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Excellent, thank you Laine. :)

*Looks over at the hatch jst as Lance enters with Dinn. Remains quiet while D'nari and the Major exchance apologies*

Major, we were discussing the problem before us. We have a large group of Force sensitives here with little formal training, who might be susceptible to a similar situation like the one we faced with Knight's...passing. And Force help us all if a powerful Darksider makes a concerted mental attack against our minds.

Tag: All in shuttle

15. DarthFacetious

Apr 3, 2004
    We have to get together and talk this to death, first. There are maybe five formally trained Jedi here and we're only knights, not masters. Any help is appreciated...

TAG: if you can't figure it out, don't post... :p

16. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003

RS

"I am at your disposal in the matter. I trust it will come of some aid." The major bowed at the waist, seemingly calm beyond his normal means.

TAG: RS peeps

17. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003

Dinn flinched slightly as Lank spoke, but Lance's words made her smile and put the thoughts out of her head. She looked between Lank and D'Nari, and the others.

"I know what you mean," she replied. "It was pretty hard to snap out of what happened back there. I had no idea what I was doing. When you think about it, with so many untrained amongst us, we're a walking thermal detonator, just waiting for some darkside influence to flick the switch."

tag: peoples

18. DarthFacetious

Apr 3, 2004
    We need to have a general meeting of all the Outcasts. They have to add their input...

TAG

19. Jim_Palso

Jim_Palso Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2004
    Hanger Bay, Stryke

Jim Palso wiped the sweat off his forehead. "Okay," He said, chugging down some water from a bottle, "What next?"

In front of Crazy Mike and Tim Stevens was a Y-Wing that had been tore down of it's outer hull, exposing wires and tubing. The starboard engine was on the ground, with a jack holding that side of the starfighter up. Other parts of the craft, like the seats and cockpit controls were all torn out and laid aside, leaving a skelton of a Y-Wing behind.

Tag Anyone

OOC: If anyone so wishes, they can ignore the three hour mark on my last post. You can just assume Palso and the gang got it done faster.

20. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC: Maj. Soltaris

RS

Another wry smile. "Then what are we waiting for?"

TAG: RS peeps

21. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Well love, I have the slight advantage over you. I saw them, saw the children as if they were young teenagers. Back on that mission on Hoth...

[Skye's eyes glazed slightly as he remembered the vision of his future children] The boy... he looked like a young version of me, though slightly different. His hair was grey-white like mine, though wilder, longer. He had the same eyes as I did, deep blue, but instead of the quiet, piercing look, he had your little twinkle. That glint of playfulness, of rambunctiousness that makes you so endearing. [squeezes his wife's shoulder]

Now the girl... She had red hair like yours, but straight back behind her ears, wearing a large headband. Her eyes were forest green and she had a very quiet demeanor, like she was always thinking. She seemed to be the more level headed of the two.

[shrugs] I hope that helps. Of course, being a future vision, it's possible I am way off, but not likely... The Spirit is continuous, and doesn't lie. If the vision I saw was of their Spirits, that's what they will look like.

22. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    OOC: I'm two MEs here...
    -------------------------
    IC:
    *Aboard the Roguish Smile*

*Lissa held up both her hands again.*

Everyone has made a valid point here - we do need to have a meeting of all the Outcasts...non-Force users included if only to listen. While they may not have been affected by the Darkness as the rest of the untrained were, they still need to know what's going on - I sensed some resentment and actual fear from some of them.

We need to set up some kind of schedule for training and honing what we know and what we need to know. Every trained Force User should sit down and make a list of their strongest attributes and the methods of learning that they understand and can convey the best.

Right now, we all need to go home - to the Stryke and sleep on the problem. I'll notify everyone to return either now or when day breaks. We need to get moving - get active.

So. If you brought a fighter down to the surface, go light it up and raise ship. Or if you need a ride, just ask the Captain of the Smile...

*She turned to Tlo.*

If you are ready, sis...

*Tlo managed a tiny smile, grateful for Lissa's familiarity.*

We'll be on our way as soon as everyone is set, boss.

*She looked up at Scout*

Let's take this bunch home, luv...

TAG: Scout and anyone who wants a ride...

*Lissa took a seat and belted in. While things settled down in the ship, she took out her comlink and set it to send to all the Outcasts.*

ATTENTION! All Outcasts are to report and check in aboard the Stryke by 0730 hours, planetary time. Repeat....

23. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003

Dinn listened to Lissa's decisive words and a small smile flared across her face. She's in the jump seat all ready and able... she thought, slightly in awe.

She caught Tlo's eye as the groups began to disperse.

"Mind if we tag along Chief?" she asked hopefully, indicating she meant Lance and herself. "The Lightriders took off in our ride and left us here."

She looked around the ship, taking it in for the first time.

"Also, anything I can do while I'm here?"

Tag: Tlo

24. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    "May I also have a ride, Chief?" Laine asked, tired and ready to do something other than mope and think. But thinking about thinking led her to more thoughts as she waited for Tlo's answer.

She slipped behind her shields, something she'd done for a long time, for as a child, she and her sister had liked to hide thoughts from each other and see how long they could keep them hidden. Must have been a good exercise for her shields, a simple childish game.

He says he trusts me. But also says he doesn't trust the Force. And after what happened, with the Darkness descending and all, I don't blame him. I don't think he knows that I'm loyal, too. I'd die before I'd let the Darkness fully take me. I don't want to hurt my friends and family--these Outcasts to whom I belong. Why won't he really look at me? It's because of something I am, and can't change. He's probably up there, tinkering on some ship. I would love to be helping--but I guess he wouldn't have let me.

TAG: Tlo

25. ShadowAssailant

ShadowAssailant Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2003
    J'Kah thought about what D'nari had said for a moment.

"OK, I'll try to ask the Chancelor about it at the meeting, and thanks for the advice. I'll probably give Lannik the 'heads up' though, so there's no confusion."

J'Kah turned and headed for the Stryke. Taking out his comlink, he quickly pushed a few buttons and began to talk.

"Lannik, this is J'Kah. I'm going to ask the Chancelor to let me track down a force user. I'm notifying you so that if you have any problems with it you can let me know."

J'Kah placed the comlink back into his robe pocket and proceeded to the meeting.

Tag:Lannik, anyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.