main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive New Jedi Outcasts RP

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SECRETSISTER, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    You are stronger then you know, Lissa. I hope I can help you realize that. *pulls her inot an embrace, kisses her forehead* Go and rest. We'll need our leader looking refreshed and ready.

*heads back to his quarters, already slipping out of his dress jacket before the door closes. Looks at the datacard left for him by the NR officers on the desk.*

No, not yet. Tomorrow, when I can stand straight...and see straight

*Changes for bed and goes to sleep*

Tag: anyone who wants to wake a sleep-deprived and thus unfriendly CAG. :p

2. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa smiled at Lank's assurances. Force knew, she would need him. His embrace and kiss were gentle and filled Lissa with a warm peace. As he moved off to his own billet, Lissa turned and entered hers, the lights coming up as she did so. It didn't take her long to ready herself for bed. She climbed in but before she drew up the covers, she pulled an old stuffed toy down from the nearby shelf. Sitting it on her lap, she took the soft paws between her fingers and mad the overly long arms flop up and down. She stared at the face with it's silly grin.*

Mr. Huggins, you and I have been through a lot together. New starts, new friends, new situations - one sort of blending and coming from the adventure before it. Well....this one is going to be really different! Stick with me, old buddy! We have a long way to go! And with Lank Pavail by my side, I just might not make a muddle of it. I just wish I knew how to make everything right.

*Lissa give the toy a hug and set it in the corner above her pillow. She clicked off the light and settled down in her cot.*

I wonder if somehow, I could steal Lank's pillow...

TAG: No one in particular
    OOC: Lank, consider that last thought an Easter Egg just for you. :)

3. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Laine got a refill of her glass and went to sit down with the other three Outcasts. She saw Dinn nudge Jim about something, but couldn't hear what.

You know, sleep sounds good right about now, she thought. It doesn't really matter what he thinks. I'm an independent woman--I don't care what some male Corellian former smuggler thinks about me. But in spite of all of her really convincing mental thoughts, they didn't convince her. So she stayed, rather than going to bed--because she really wanted to be able to talk to Jim. She also wanted to yell at him, too, but then she wondered if yelling at him would just make him fear more. I wonder if he thinks that only 'normal' people can have negative emotions, she added to her mental mutterings. And we've got to get this cleared up. Because he's in my squadron--and we've got to trust each other. If not for our friendship, then for the Outcasts.

TAG: Lance, Dinn, JIM

4. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    OOC: I'm becoming like Knight... I become VC and suddenly drop from playing too much. Can't have that happen.

IC:

[Skye smiled at his wife as they settled on names. He then noticed how tired she was and the loacl time]

Sweetie, it's late. Perhaps you need to go to bed. [Skye picked up Earwen, Sanda falling on the floor with a growl. The man carried his wife and unborn children to the master bedroom and laid them gently on the bed, pulling the covers up tight around her. Sanda jumped up on the bed and curled up next to the woman, yawning and quickly falling asleep. Earwen quickly fell too, but she was conscious enough to ask a question]

[color=blue]Aren't you coming to bed too? I want you near me...[/color]

[Skye smiled and stroked her tired face] Not tonight love. I have something I need to do.

[Skye sat on the edge of the bed, just being near her as she fell asleep. When she was completely gone, the man rose and quietly left the room. He quickly head through the empty quiet corridors to the simulator room. There he locked the doors with a security code, then removed his boots, socks and jacket. Barefoot and wearing only his baggy shirt and pants, he stepped into the middle of the room.]

Computer, training program Omega Factor.

[b]Warning! Program "Omega Factor" exceeds maximum difficulty level. Unable to access without authorization code[/b]

Authorization: Zero. Also disengage safety protocols.

[b]Warning! Disengaging safety protocols on program "Omega Factor" is not allowed without security clearance.[/b]

Authorization: Lightrider A-00

[b]Clearance accepted, disengaging safety protocols. Program "Omega Factor" engaging[/b]

[outside the simulation room, two flashing red lights bathed the corridor in a reddish glow as the locks were engaged. Then the program started, with ten lethal beings appearing around Skye, who was unarmed. The Spirit Warrior slowly moved into a combat stance]

Let's see if I still got it.

Tag: No one.

5. Jim_Palso

Jim_Palso Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2004
    Jim Palso kind of shook his head--kind of shaked his head. It was one of those "give up nods/shakes". Jim knew he had to talk with Laine...Dinn was a interesting issue. Good thing Lance wasn't there for that one. :p Fighting with a sister is one thing...fighting with someone you had feelings for...well, let's just say that the Smuggler Academy didn't prepare you for that one. :p

I would do anything right now for a fist fight in a crowded Tatooine bar. Palso thought.

Although a bit rusty off the edges, Palso managed to get the first words out without but a little, well, speed bump for say. "Laine--I...ah, you see, well," Palso scrathced the back of his head as he gave the table a nervous glance around, "Ah, well, yeah, see..." Palso rubbed his head really fast. He didn't know that he was about to say this. He'd know her for two whole days. He had feelings for her. But still, he wondered. He never felt like this before about a women.

"I'm sorry. I was an idiot and a fool. When you--all of you here--needed me, I turned away. I was...wrong. And I want to say that, with all my heart, that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not being there when you and everyone here needed me. I ask...will you...could you, forgive me?"

Tag Laine, Jessie, Lance

6. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Laine listened to Jim's apology, and sat for a few moments in silence, thinking quietly. Then she looked at him.

"I accept your apology, Jim," she said. "I still want to discuss some things with you, but, yes, I accept your apology. And we don't have to discuss anything if you don't want to."

TAG: Drinking/talking people

7. ShadowAssailant

ShadowAssailant Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2003
    J'Kah arrived soon after the incident over the com. He walked briskly into the armory were Lannik was cleaning a rifle.

"Lannik, I came as quickly as possible. Thanks for backing me up, also, I don't see how this isn't big. One of our men could be killed and I don't particulary like that idea. Also, they acted as if I was going already to find this jedi when I clearly stated that I was going to go before the chancellor to ask before I went.

If I tracked this guy, I could use at least one man. Two would be helpful, but I wouldn't want to give my postition away. I already have a lock on the jedi's force signature, so I could track him at anytime. Do you have any suggestions?"

Tag:Lannik

8. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    OOC: J'Kah, a page back the Chancellor herself said not to pursue. Just FYI.

9. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Guardian Angel then Shasa entered the mess hall.
    Shasa noticed the small group and walked up to them.

"Hi guys, may I...**Angel bumped into her leg** I mean may we join you?"

TAG: Laine, Dinn, and Palso

10. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003

Dinn smiled at Jim. The smuggler had just jumped a real hurdle and, as his sister, she was kinda proud.

She was also glad that Laine accepted the apology. She looks exhausted...like the rest of us... Dinn noticed.

The idea that maybe they should wrap the drinks up and head to their respective bunks flittered like a welcome rainstorm through Dinn's thoughts, but it was all dismissed when Shasa turned up.

"Hey Shasa!" Dinn exclaimed, happy to see her friend. "And hello to you too Angel." she added with a smile at the pushy droid. "Sit down and join us! And marvel at the maturity levels..." she giggled.

Tag: Shasa, Laine, Jim and Lance

11. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Shasa sat down and joined the group.

"Hi everyone. I hope I can live up to your maturity levels." She giggled.
    "Hope I'm not interupting, I just wanted to eat something little before I go crash."

TAG: Dinn, Laine, Jim and Lance

12. Jim_Palso

Oct 23, 2004
    Jim Palso smiled. "Thank you, Laine."

When Shasa showed up and took a seat, Palso looked at gave Lance a sideways took. "Lance, we're being out-numbered here by the females. We need some male support." Palso said, fully joking.

Tag Everyone at the table :)

13. ShadowScout

ShadowScout Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Through the entire flight back to the Stryke Scout hadn?t said a word, Tlo kept looking at him and he knew she was beginning to get worried. After they had finished securing the shuttle he smiled at her.

?Don?t worry hun, I just need to be alone for a bit and I got a couple things to take care of. I?ll talk to you in the morning.?

The corridors of the Stryke were very quiet, being most crewers were in bed at the late hour. Scout stopped at maintenance and put in a work request telling them to notify him befor they began the work, then retired to his quarters. Knowing he wouldn?t sleep Scout placed himself into a deep meditation trance.

14. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    IC: Major Soltaris

Mess Hall Region

A smirk crossed the ex-Sith's face at the former smuggler's comment. "Mm-hmm... Drastically out-numbered. If I could see them, I'd help you." There was a chuckle in his voice, as if an attempt at continuing the joke.

TAG: All at the table

15. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Laine nodded at Jim, then turned to everyone else, nodding hello at Shasa.

"I don't know about you all, but I'm tired. Anyone up for a good long nap?"

TAG: Those at the table

16. Jim_Palso

Oct 23, 2004
    Jim Palso chuckled. "Lucky you," Jim said, "At least you have a good reason for not looking interested in the girl talk. Me here, if I'm looking some place else, I'd be in trouble."

Palso heard Laine say something about a nap. Although the idea felt tempting, Palso wanted to finish on his project.

Soon enough, Crazy Mike and Tim Stevens showed up, taking seats up in the booth.

"Well Palso, looks like you've, ah, got back to normal." Tim said.

"Yeah, well, that was after a rather interesting talk with Dinn." Jim replied.

"Tell me about it," Mike said, "The Hanger Crews had bets on who would kill who first. We could hear you two all the way in the hanger, despite tools running and everything."

"Who won the bet?" Palso asked.

"Glitch. Damn droid was the only member of that Hanger Crew on duty who didn't take a side...he made his own side and won."

"What is he going to do with the money?" Jim asked.

"I don't want to know." Mike said.

Palso laughed. "I agree."

Tag Everyone at the table

OOC: Looks like Glitch won some money. :) ;)

17. GLT-H

GLT-H Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2004
    %Glitch whistled - in as best an imitation of a droid whistling - as he continued on his work%

Stupid techies... well now I got their money, I guess I don't have a need for it... not that I'm going to give it back to them! Suckers!

%Irising his photoreceptors more closed, the droid went back to arc welding the X-Wing he was repairing. The engines had taken a beating, and so he was gripping the wing upside down with his magnetic tracks, welding a new drive coil into place. However, the X-wing shuddered and the s-foil's lock opened, causing the lower wing to quickly open, causing the droid to drop the part and rip the welds. Both the part and his chassis crashed into the deckplate%

******* piece of New Republic ****! %he picked himself back up onto his tracks. He scanned the part and found out the lock was damaged and needed replacement%

What a pain in the ******* wastepan! Hey! I need a new s-foil lock now!

%Glitch stood there muttering to himself about how terrible the X-Wings were built nowadays%

18. RogueTech

RogueTech Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2003
    Don't worry, hun. I just need to be alone for a bit...

*Tlo did her best to return Scout's smile, but it faded rapidly as he walked off. She turned slowly back to the Smile and double checked the lock and then, seeing that he had disappeared, she left the hangar. Slowly, she made her way to the turbolift, but changed her mind and took the stairs instead - she wasn't likely to meet anyone that way - and made her way to her billet. Once inside she listened but heard no sounds from the room next door. She sat down on the edge of her cot.*

I don't know what to do...there's nothing I can do...except wait...and hope...that everything... will...

*A tear trickled down her cheek and she angrily dashed it away.*

Don't be silly...he's a Jedi... and if he needs me... well... I'll be here...

*Tlo turned out the light, undressed and climbed under the covers. She didn't know if she could sleep or not...*

19. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    OOC: since this post is mostly story, I have neglected my usual brackets that indicate action. It's relatively straightforward. Enjoy!

Edit: Oh yeah, pretty much everyone on the ship doesn't know of this "workout". The best even the Jedi would see is a Spirit shield around the simulator. Skye has some privacy.

IC:

The ten attackers circled Skye who simply stood there and stretched out, feeling the Spirit ripples the simulated enemies caused in the main stream. The first enemy charged, attacking with a metal spear, thrusting with the sharp spike. Skye twisted away and palmed the staff away, causing the enemy to spin around and begin a spinning slashing motion against Skye. It took what looked like superhuman speed to avoid that blade as the enemy; Skye barely twisted and span around the blade. The enemy broke it up, working in thrusts, slashes and spins into his attacks, and Skye didn?t attack back, merely avoided. However, the blade was getting too close for comfort; while the man wasn?t cut, his shirt was soon riddled with slash marks. Finally the enemy thrust his staff deep right at Skye?s abdomen, which was stopped by the man slapping both palms around the blade, the point right at his skin. The enemy looked at Skye?s grinning face right before the Spirit Warrior pulled back and shoved his hands down, the blade of the spear plunging into the deck of the simulation room. Skye grabbed the spear and kicked the simulated enemy in the chest, hurling him backward. Finally he snapped the spear handle around, braking off the spear tip so all that was left was a steel staff. He held it by one hand angled behind his back and beckoned for the next enemy to approach. Instead of just one, eight attacked.
    Skye was assaulted by eight attackers with various weapons. He had to dodge swords, sais, even bare fists. Swinging the staff into gear, Skye moved with lightning speed, sparks flying as the steel weapons collided. However, eight enemies were too much even for him, and so he pushed through an opening away from the enemies. They advanced on him quickly and Skye blocked weapon after weapon, quickly growing tired. One enemy hit him with a well placed kick into the knee and the man stumbled backward, falling on his back. The enemies surrounded and lowered their weapons to him.

[i]You will never be strong enough[/i]

Skye closed his eyes as he felt it begin. Unnaturally, his entire body pulsed, a shadowy image of him seeming to rise from his body. A slight glow appears around his body.

[i]You will never be good enough[/i]

The glow grew stronger, the shadowy pulses growing more rapid. His hands clenched into fists.

[i]You were never conceived in love[/i]

Energy sparks surrounded his body as the pulsing grew erratic, the Spirit flowing within him growing stronger. His hair, normally smooth and in set points around his head, grew randomly spiky, ruffled and unkempt. He opened his eyes, now pure white and glowing.

[i]You will not rise above[/i]

The energy was released blowing away Skye?s simulated attackers. The man slowly rose up, trembling at the energy coursing through him. He ripped off the remaining shreds of his tunic, revealing a lifetime of battle injuries and scars. The attackers picked themselves up and attacked him one by one. The first went down after Skye shattered his sternum and crushed his windpipe. The second lost after both legs were broken. The third fell with Skye ripping the right arm out of the socket and breaking a few ribs. Fourth and fifth attacked together, and ended up crumpled into each other, numerous injuries between them. The sixth still had his sword with him; he then died with it in his chest. The seventh and eighth attacked simultaneously with sais. Two of the sais ended up killing the simulated opponents, the other two sais, bloody but still held by Skye?s hands. The Spirit warrior was breathing hard, growling and still consumed by high energy levels.
    The tenth enemy who had held back until now faced the enraged Spirit Warrior alone. However, this en

20. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    OOC: Nicely done with the new look Outcasts, guys. Keep it up. Now, time to get this show back on the road...

IC - Hayden Kress

Nyum. A cold and lifeless world, far from the beautiful green grass and coloured flower beds that once covered the landscape far into the distance. A cold wind blew as the sun rose in the sky for another day ... a day that would mark the beginning of the end.

For what seemed like years, yet had only been a handful of days, Hayden Kress had done his best to help the struggling people of the planet, fighting a bitter enemy that so far could not be stopped by any man or machine. It had become a frustrating battle, as no matter what Hayden had come up with and the power he had been graced, he was yet to find a saving grace ... and time was running thin.

As the first light of day warmed his scared face, a sign of many close encounters, Hayden drew a long breath of cool air into his lungs. A sigh of sorts, as his mind wondered to the past, the hope that the Outcasts would arrive in time, the friends he had made going about life as best they could ... and the love of his life. He had failed through the Force to contact her, and the hole in his heart was growing without her by his side. Every night, as the deluge of weaponry sounded out around him, he thought of her touch, her kiss. It was the one thing that kept him going, pushing forward. He so desperatly wanted to see her again, and the only way he could was by winning an impossible war.

"Master Kress," a gentle voice spoke up behind him, "I have news from the South."

"Go ahead, Geana," Hayden replied, turning to face the young female Nyuminon.

"The enemy has grown in number across the border. We fear they are beginning a forward attack."

"What have we got down there?"

"Only a third of our current forces, however any additions from other frontlines could cause a lack of stability, which in turn could leave us open."

"Understood," he nodded, rubbing his chin in thought, "Are the Bombers prepared?"

"Indeed they are, though we have since lost another ten from our last bombardment. It will take a further two days to replace them."

"I doubt we'll have enough time for that. Order whatever you can towards the South and sound a warning to all other defensive lines to pull back if the breach warning is sounded."

"Order confirmed, Master Kress ..." Geana paused briefly, recieving a worried look from Hayden.

"Something wrong?" he asked.

"Well ... I do not wish to seem rude, but I have noticed how tired you have become. The Great Kings wonder if you are able to continue in battle..."

"You can tell them with good faith that I'm willing and able, no questions asked," the confidence was obvious in his voice, "I didn't come here just to sit back and do nothing."

"Of course ... still, we shall understand if you decide to ask for medication ... and I do not wish for you to come to any harm."

Hayden stood, whincing slightly from the pain in his side before placing a hand on the young ones shoulder.

"Wish granted, kid" he said, walking past her. Though he had spent as much time as he could meditating as Ortuun had taught him, the many hours if not days upon the battlefield had left scars and injuries that he was unable to heal. It was another reason why he desperatly needed D'Nari. He cast his mind back as his gaze took in the sun rise, of the days that had passed ... and the pain he had suffered.

Day 1: Upon the Jelrak Fields

Snarls and roars filled the air with fear. Hundreds, if not thousands of creatures huddled together in a large mess of shields, blasters and steal swords. The Berul didn't care for orders or tactics, though they did know one ... kill anything and everything that stood in their way. With the power of giants and the speed of starships, that was increasingly possible.

With a glint in his eye, Hayden stared down the enemy. A hushed silence fell behind him, the far more organised troops of the Nyum Legion standing ready for his order to attack. Only hours before he h

21. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Laine smiled at the jokes that were being passed around the table, but then stood. "I'd really like to stay," she said, "but if I don't get some sleep, I'm gonna conk out right here. Good night, all."

With that, she turned and headed towards her quarters. She was tired--and not just physically. She had not expected life to be this hard sometimes--but overall, it was good. Glad that Jim had apologized, but still wanting to speak with him privately, she slowly walked down the corridor, hoping that he'd follow.

TAG: Jim, table people

22. Jim_Palso

Oct 23, 2004
    Jim Palso held a hand up to his mouth as a yawn escaped him, just as Laine left. "Well folks, I must get going as well. Good night all."

Tim Stevens stood up next, adding, "I gotta get some sleep too. See you all." Tim added, "Jim, I'll see you in a few?"

"Yeah, Tim. You know the code. I'll be back." Jim replied.

"Got it. Don't fall asleep walking." Tim added with a smirk and headed for Palso's Personal Quarters. Until Tim Stevens was a official member of the Outcasts, he was sharing quarters with Jim Palso, sleeping on the floor with a sleeping bag and pellow.

Jim Palso, meanwhile, hurried up after Laine. After a short jog and after rounding a corner, he caught up to her. "Hey Laine, want me to walk you to your quarters?" Jim asked.

Tag Laine, Everyone else at the table

23. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Laine looked at Jim. "Sure, why not?"

They headed towards her quarters. Laine was silent, thinking, hoping that Jim would speak first.

TAG: Jim

24. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    OOC: Gotta get this thing moving, folks!

-----------------
    IC:
    *Lissa awoke and looked at the wall chrono, finding herself mildly surprised that she had only slept about eight hours and was now wide awake.*

I guess I need to get going and take care of business...

*She went through her morning ablutions and dressed in her day uniform, checking her image in the mirror and shaking her head at the rank she now wore on her collar.*

How did I get here? Am I really ready for this? Huh! I guess I'll find out sooner if I get to work.

*She laughed a bit shakily.*

I'm talking to myself - a sure sign of insanity.

*Again she shook her head then straightening to attention, she tugged at the hem of her tunic to make sure that all was proper in her dress.*

Get to it, girl. Go out there and be the BOSS!

*With that, she marched out of her billet and with a passing glance at Lank's door...He'll be awake soon enough......she headed for the Officer's Mess.

*Grabbing a quick breakfast and a vacuum pot of coffee to replenish her mug, she headed for the office of the Supreme Chancellor - her office now. She deliberately took a route through the Bridge, nodding to the officers that had just come on duty. Once in the spacious office, she sat quickly at the desk, leaving the viewport closed. She refused to be distracted from what she needed to do.

*First she sent a message to the CMO, informing D'nari of the upcoming meeting and what the Outcasts needed to hear from her. Next, she composed the meeting notification and sent it out.*

ATTENTION ALL OUTCAST PERSONEL! ATTENTION ALL OUTCAST PERSONEL!
    A general meeting is hereby called for 10 hundred hours - two and a half hours from this moment - all personel are to attend. Those at duty posts will have the proceedings piped to you.

*She put the message on 'repeat', then clicked to Palso's personal com.*

Lieutenant Palso, please report to my office in one hour and bring Mr. Stevens with you.

*She set the message on 'replay' to give the man time to wake up and then turned to other business. Using the codes passed on to her by Knight, she accessed the data that had been left by Hayden Kress. After reading it through twice, she activated the starchart holo and studied it.*

We have a long way to go in a hurry...

Tag: EVERYONE!

25. DarthFacetious

DarthFacetious Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 3, 2004
    *D'nari woke as her comm beeped signaling an incoming message. She hit replay and listened. She sighed and levered herself out of bed. After bathing and dressing, she made her way to the MedBay. There was nothing for her to do, so she went along to the Mess and picked up some fruit and cheese. She made her way to the briefing room, gathering her thoughts and organizing them for what was to come.*

TAG: Next poster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.