main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jedi vs Prequel Jedi

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JediLord, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I miss getting some... 8-}

2. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Take Rogue to a Randy Wolf game... :p

Edit: got to go

3. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    That would work if she wasn't on the other side of the continent! :_| 8-} Bye...

4. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Anakin Skywalker: Puts his own selfish and hormone driven feelings above his duty ~ Somebody finally said it. thank you, bothan-spy! many of the old order were more emotional and more careful with the Force; many of these njo are not careful (kyp!) and are somewhat of wimps.

plus, the old jedi order had more of an attitude, a kick ass atittude.

5. JediSwordsman

JediSwordsman Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2002
    Please help ATF get to 2000 posts.

6. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I will have to go with the PT Jedi being the better ones.

The training is the difference.

7. JacenHornSolo

JacenHornSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2002
    Hey, you don't have to read the books if you don't like them ok?
    Stop knocking the NJO, and go spend your time writing another good pre-battle of Yavin Star Wars book. Heaven knows there's not to many.

8. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I like the Old order Jedi.
    Yeah they were brainy, used their minds to think their way out of a problem BEFORE violence. But NOT ALL were on a high horse. Yoda would be forward thinking, even Mace.
    I think if the Old order Jedi and the new order Jedi were to work together, it'd be an even BETTER bunch of people. Old Order mentoring and teaching the NO. Youth tempered with wisdom and experiance with the Force. Both cna teach each other things.

9. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    Both the new and old have their good and bad points

With the new the good is that they're making an effort to resurrect the old traditions of the old order while still adapting it to fit in with the new era and circumstances hence why Luke allowed his Jedi including himself to marry and have children which was basically forbidden in the old order.
    Also another strength is that the new Jedi seem more emotional, more human...this ofcourse is a product of not being raised within Jedi emotion-managment teachings. The old order seem to be more like Vulcans from Star Trek tempering their emotions with logic and reasoning as a means to insulating themselves from falling prey to the darkside. (Note: I counted the New Jedi's emotionalism as a good point because I find it interesting to read in a Jedi, although I recognize that may not be the case with everyone.)

With the old Jedi order the good points are: the depth of thousands of years of knowledge, wisdom, and experience they can draw from while Luke's order has to subsist on what was not deleted or erased by Palpatine and the empire.
    Also I find the fact that the old Jedi are more comfortable seeing themselves as negotiators rather than warriors quite interesting. Anakin in Ep II joked about "Aggressive negotiations; the kind done with a lightsaber" to Padme but I see it as characteristic of how the Jedi see their role within the galactic community first as negotiators second as enforcers.
    Also a good point is that I like the better organization and structure of the old order over the new...however I can understand and accept that the new order ofcourse would not have this or have this to the same extent as the old just yet.

Overall I like both within their own contexts, and outside I don't think it's too fair saying how one is better or would do better in the situation the other is/was in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.