main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit New JJM Cereal

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Barriss_Coffee, Apr 1, 2013.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    J, J, M
    (it's for breakfast now!)
    J, J, M
    (it's a cereal- wow!)
    J, J, M
    (Jedi intern jumps!)
    J, J, M
    (with Gryph-flavored lumps!)
    J, J, M
    (here's Lost Tribe too!)
    J, J, M
    (it's Kerra good news!)
    J, J, M
    (mm, you just can't lose!)

The JJM Cereal is part of a nutritious breakfast.

J, J, M
    (Two letter J's in one- WOW!)

2. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    LOL. Obviously too much sugar in that cereal.

3. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    A couple of notes: Part 2 has just gone live at Amazon -- check your Kindle account for the download if you've subscribed. (New subscribers get every part to date.)

Also, there's a new interview at ClubJade offering a chance to get the "Human Error" short story ahead of this summer's general release.

(I don't plan to burn up TFN's electrons pushing my own non-SW work, but the serial concept is new enough I wanted to get the new episode alert out there.)

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Speaking with no authority whatsoever, I say we allow John an ongoing Overdraft thread in Lit...as long as it's this one. [face_mischief]

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Speaking with equal parts of No Authority, I'll second that!

(We could always mention that Kenobi Is Coming every so often. ;) John talked about it a good bit at MidSouthCon and it's gonna be AWESOME. [face_cowboy] )

JohnJacksonMiller likes this.
  6. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    That commercial is still so burned in my brain that I could hear the tune by the end of the first parenthetical. This actually brought a tear to my eye - my roommates even noted I was "snortling" - sniffing from tearing up, while chortling. I didn't even know that was a word until now.

And then you provided the link, allowing me to show them WHY I was snortling.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    You're welcome :)

Was I the only one that only liked one of the cereals (I think it was the Mario one)? Made it hard to convince my mom to buy another box when the existing one was still "half full", heh.

8. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    I've been off sugary cereal since spending way too long in the dentists' chair as a teenager. I was considering violence against the Trix Rabbit.

In the meantime, I have updated the Overdraft Glossary to reflect Episode 2. Still plan a timeline one day and maybe a map -- though all the stars exist and the distances cited are, I hope, accurate. Computing distances between stars is tricky when one of them isn't the sun!

(In other news, I will also be speaking Sunday afternoon at Harmony Con III in Appleton, Wis., in association with the Fox Cities Book Festival. Doesn't look like I'll be able to make C2E2 this year, sadly -- the serial is keeping me hopping.)

9. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    And now here's that Timeline. Episode 3 downloads Tuesday afternoon.

Darth McClain likes this.
  10. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    And Episode 3, "Underwater Holdings," is now downloading. Still on schedule -- whee!

Thanks again for everyone's recommendations on Amazon -- it's making a difference. We've been the top Kindle Serial for most of the month. Bodes well for more of this sort of thing!

11. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Really enjoying the story. Personally, I'm in love with the format and hope to see it become more popular. As you said earlier in the thread, it's really a great marriage of prose and comic storytelling, and at a better price than either one. I'll have to write a review on Amazon sometime.

Post liked by JJM... we should have an achievement for that. Or trophy. Or medal. Whatever we have.

12. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    Much appreciated. It's been an interesting process; a bit different from both the sprints of comics-writing and the marathon of a regular novel. (A relay race?)

In any event, I just finished Episode 7, so there's twists and turns to come.

cdgodin likes this.
  13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    BREAKING: JJM HIRED TO WRITE EPISODE 7, HAS FINISHED ALREADY.

Robimus, Zorrixor, cthugha and 6 others like this.
  14. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    GAH! No, no, no. This is how rumors get started! :oops:

Zorrixor likes this.
  15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  16. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    brb sharing on facebook

Zorrixor and cdgodin like this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  18. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    I have a piece on the creation of the cover online -- and have also made updates to the Timeline and Glossary to reflect Episode 3. The glossary's getting long -- amazing how many things get mentioned over the course of a story. (Just saw the full Kenobi name/location list in the course of proofreading that one -- it was several pages long!)

19. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    "Winner's Curse," the fourth episode of Overdraft: The Orion Offensive, has just gone live. More cosmic craziness as Jamie's galactic sales tour continues -- and he and bodyguard Bridget discover they share a surprising connection in their pasts. (The new episode has been automatically added to subscriber's Kindle files; new subscribers get all episodes to date plus every episode to follow.) I just turned in the eighth and last episode of this "season" yesterday; hope to get to the timeline and some other material updated soon.

20. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    If it's Every Other Tuesday, it must be Overdraft day. "Tip from a Dip," the fifth episode of Overdraft: The Orion Offensive, has gone live. Yet another crazy planet, with an Oklahoma-style land rush -- just try to avoid the death-dealing giant robots! (The new episode has been automatically added to subscriber's Kindle files; new subscribers get all episodes to date plus every episode to follow.)

21. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    Overdraft rounds the far turn for home with Episode 6, downloading for Kindle subscribers today -- and there are turns and twists indeed as Jamie, our stockbroker-in-space, poses as a soldier to run from the law (and giant robots) -- only to discover the truth about his real enemies. Also, I now have the production notes for the whole series plus trivia about Episode 1 up at my site. More to come!

22. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    Overdraft's penultimate episode is now downloading for Kindle subscribers today -- and there are more production notes for the series up at my site. The $1.99 serial period runs out in two weeks, at which point order pages will go online for the collected print and electronic editions (which, finally, means they'll be available internationally).

Darth McClain likes this.
  23. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Cool, I'll get the dead tree version. Can you tell when it could be out?

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  24. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    In theory, it should be available for preorder in the next week, but I am not certain exactly what day it starts shipping. It is July, I believe.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL "dead tree version."