main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Kotobukiya Mara Jade Statue Coming in 2014

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by thebeanpole, Jan 16, 2014.

1. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Thoughts? Looks pretty cool, normally I wouldn't be a huge fan of merging Star Wars with anime but this one really looks neat. According to the Kotobukiya website it's coming in May 2014.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    Hated the Jaina Solo one and this looks about 85% as bad.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I love my Jaina statue - this one's on my list to pick up.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not picking it up but she doesn't look that bad. I'd question the wisdom of wearing those heels for a lightsaber fight tho.. :p

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    It looks exquisitely made, it just doesn't really capture the character IMO. Take away the lightsaber and I certainly wouldn't have pegged her as Mara Jade. Probably more like Black Widow from The Avengers.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh trust me this looks far closer to Mara Jade than most of the statues that they make of this sort. A lot of the Bishoujos that they've made are highly degrading and offensive to women. At least they seem to know better than to make the Star Wars chics writhing on the ground like sex kittens.

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, comic shops were filled with collector figures like those (Danger Girl, etc.) in the late 90s/early 00s. The buxom comic book heroine was really in at the time and toy companies were cashing in. In the comic book genre, female empowerment has always been wrapped in a skin-tight body suit. It's sort of like hiding medicine inside of candy.

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I just found out about this yesterday and I have to say I'm excited about her. I think she looks pretty good... certainly better than most Mara statues. I do question those heels though, I doubt she could be very stealthy in them, much less fight.

9. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I must draw Hawkeye in her pose.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    New production images:

How will you display Mara Jade? With the Imperial seal or Rebel Alliance insigna? The choice is yours with the 2 included base graphics and different lightsaber hilts and colored blades!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh, that makes me want it even more! I honestly don't know which I would choose.

12. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    They made her look really gorgeous. :)

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.