main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon New Leadership. Is it time?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crashdown, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Hay everyone. I was just checking the OFF History thread and discovered that I became the Chapter Rep on July 10, 2006. I have loved being your CR and would be happy to remain CR. But I also feel that we should periodically re-examine where we are and where we want to go as a group.

I believe that some great things have been accomplished this past year, with much of the credit going to you all. But with the newest addition to my family (my #2 Padawan), I have found that I am having less and less time to put towards the OFF. And so, I would like you all to think about weather you would like a new CR or if you would like to be CR yourself. So start thinking about it !!

Sometime in June I will post a list of interested members, and have a poll to see who will be our next CR. Again, I would be happy to continue as CR, and my name will remain in the hat, especially if there are no others interested in the post.

On July 10th we will find out who will lead us for the next year.[face_dancing]

2. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    (Whether)!!!!

JK, right nowe I'm not sure who else could step up to the plate on this one Crash. The only other really active person on here is Larena, enough that she uses more than just her own account as well, but I don't know how well she could manage things around here. No offense Larena, it's only because you're out in Salem when most of us are concentrated around Portland. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I don't really have any suggestions at this point.

3. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    May the best ye've ever been

Be the worst ye'll ever be.

May the mouse ne'er lea'yer pantry wi'a tear drap in his e'e.

May yer lum keep blightely reekin'

'Til ye're auld enou'to dee.

And may ye aye be just as happy as I wish ye now to be!

Here! here![face_coffee] (okay, i know it's only coffee)

4. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    [face_laugh]

5. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    You have to forgive my typo....it was such a nice day yesterday, I couldn't get the good weather (or is it whether [face_laugh]) off my mind.

6. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    So is there anyone who would like the glory of leadership?
    I know I've done a great job as CR.....we're almost up to a post a week now:p....but there must be someone who would like there user name to be Blue?

7. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I'd like my name to be colored, but I wouldn't be a good choice. ;)

8. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    I wouldn't mind giving a go at it, but I am about to enter the zoo of buying a house with a lot of property so maybe next year. As for the post a week thing, it is just down time, it was bound to happen. The hype is finally wearing off and once the dust settles the real fans will be left once again.

9. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    To all my OFF brethren,

I will soon be resigning my commission as your Chapter Rep. I have regrettably been a bit overwhelmed with my civilian responsibilities, and do not currently have the time to fulfill my Chapter Rep. leadership duties. The Oregon FanForce deserves a Chapter Rep. that can devote the time needed to keep the Chapter active, fresh and fun. Although, in the past I believe that I have contributed much to the OFF, I have currently been lackluster as a leader. I have been unable to contribute much to posts, and worse yet, I have not been able to organize new meetings. I will however, continue to hang around, post as often as I can, and attend any organized meetings.

If there is anyone who believes that they have the time and organization skill to be the next CR, please PM me and I will get you in contact with the appropriate people. If there is more than one person interested, I think we should hold a new election to select our new leader. I will provide as much assistance as I can to the new CR.

May the Force be with you,
    CrashDown

10. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
  11. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Don't be sad, I am still here. I just don't think that I am deserving of the "blue" banner since I haven't done much for the OFF lately.

Anyway, who really wants a liberal to be in power [face_devil]

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Not me, sheesh, I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Vallorum's leadership. haha, j/k.

Well you did a good job, crashdown, it's tougher in Oregon because of a smaller fan community and more diverse locations. People here, people there, but not enough concentrated in one place.

13. Colt1326

Colt1326 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2007
    So who is the new CR?...

14. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    That is a good question.

Any takers?

15. Colt1326

Nov 3, 2007
    I don't know how to run the site, but I can defiantly help organize things. I'm very good at organizing meetings and such.

16. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Sounds like Colt just volunteered!

- Bill

17. Colt1326

Nov 3, 2007
    Uh... not really I don't know how to work the site that well. So, I shouldn't be the CR. lol

Don't get me wrong, I'd be glad to help and be the CR, but I've got some learning to do as a CR. As for organizing a meeting, I can do that in my sleep. ;)

18. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    That could be said true of anybody who has ever taken a leadership position in any of the costuming groups. Just ask Kyle about that one...

I'm with you, though. I am growing tired of some of the things going on in the local garrison that I am almost about ready to throw my name in the hat for the next CO election (which is in January). But I wouldn't know the first thing about being the leader of a group. I'm much better on the sidelines, or in an assistant's role, kind of like the Membership position I have in DST.

- Bill

19. Colt1326

Nov 3, 2007
    Oh the leadership or organizing isn't the problem. I can take a lead of a team or anything really. It's just the site, I would still have to learn how to work everything correctly if I actually would be the CR. I mean it shouldn't be difficult now that I have been playing around with it for a few days now. So, it really depends on you guys if yo want me to be the CR or not.

20. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Nah - there's not too much working of the site. There are these forums which I am assuming that crash simply has some sort of administrative power. Then there's the OFF website that I made. It just needs to be updated. I think another blog-style page would work well for that. Just something to announce when we do have get-togethers and stuff.

-Kyle

21. Colt1326

Nov 3, 2007
  22. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    In reality, CRs don't have much power. We cannot change anything on the boards, the managers/administrators have all that power. We can't even put up stickies on our own forum (bummer). The CRs just get a title, a blue color, access to the private CR board, and access to some board statistics, (and the the ear of administrators). The main things that the CR does is to keep the forum active, organizing meetings, keeping topics going, and keeping the forum civil. And you get the thanks and admiration of all the members....[face_laugh], just kidding.

23. Colt1326

Nov 3, 2007
    Well, I guess I could be the CR then. I've kind of armed-up to the idea. lol

24. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Great... you've been branded! Is that like being labeled???
    :eek:
    - Bill

25. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    CR should also keep things interesting, try to get people motivated to have social events, and bring fans together.

It is more than just messages on a board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.