main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO New Lego Games?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Magellan_the_Cat, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It's strange that there hasn't been a Wii U version announced just yet for LEGO Lord of the Rings but didn't they say that the hub for the game will be Middle-Earth itself? I'm not sure if they mean the map of it or that it really is an open world but TT did say that they will be focused on the 'journey' aspect.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Lego LotR is fun. You do the quest, and the sandbox is middle earth, just like Lego Batman 2 had all of Gotham city to run around in.

Lego Undercover (next game) so far seems that it is going to be out for the Wii, and nothing else. ??? Cutting off the nose to spite the face? I know they want to show off the tablet control toy/gizmo, but couldn't they still adapt it to work with normal controllers.

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Lego LotR is a great game. There's a mini-kit room where they became the Fellowship, which is neat. I'm not sure about the side quests though. The map has been improved a lot. One problem with Batman 2 was that it didn't give directions to where you wanted to go. In LotR it lays out a trail of ghost studs to your destination, which is helpful. I hope the Wii U gets it, but it's not a huge loss if the Wii U can play Wii games.

I think most of the features were designed around the tablet controller and wouldn't work well with other consoles. When GTA: Chinatown Wars was ported to the PSP there were some things that didn't feel right as they were designed for the DS.

4. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    Agreed. lego lotr is great.

5. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Only real "glitch" I ran into is 2 of the Mithral bricks from Lothlorian don't show up on the map. At all. Had to have the brick-finder on. And the nice direct route was unavailable so had to leave the town and circle 1/2 way back to the Trollshaws.

The tablet--if the designers can't figure out a mechanic for using it, I will be happy to show up at the corporate door and smack them. It should be bloody easy. I can think of 3 ways off the top of my head for how to make it work.

6. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I've read that the Wii U misses out on LEGO LotR because they were working on LEGO City: Undercover to make launch window. I hope they do return and bring that over... if not, we still have the Wii version to use on the system. The 3DS version is quite good.

7. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" is coming fall 2013;

:D

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    That is going to be amazing! I really hope they build on Lego Batman 2 and LotR with the open world aspect. Are there any trailers or anything else yet?

9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Wow! I'm not looking forward to LEGO City: Undercover - I really like TT taking a license and turning it into lego. Lego City seems so bland.

But LEGO Marvel? Count me in. Hopefully the rumoured LEGO Star Wars IV will be announced and it'll be a good year for LEGO games.

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    There's this.

http://www.fbtb.net/2013/01/09/lego-marvel-super-heroes-game-trailer/

11. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I'm just hoping that Undercover gets ported to other platforms. It would be annoying to have it just for one--especially if it is one I don't have.
    But Marvel Lego? That looks like it could be fun.

Oh, during Battle of Pelenor Fields, after dispatching an Oliphant, I flew into the mountain side, under the hill, and off the bottom of the world. Looked pretty amazing. I think that counts as a glitch though.

12. kameron b

kameron b Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2012
    i really didnt like leg LoTR. i thought it wasnt as deep as SW:TCS. i beat it one time, then tried to look for all of the minikits and it just felt boring. I'm probably gonna get marvel lego though.

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've played Lego Marvel for quite a bit and I love it. It's on par with Lego Batman 2 and I really enjoy the super hero aspect. Lots of great charactes, including Captain Britain! Captain Britain is fun! He's a cross between Iron Man with the flying and the hand lasers but with spidey-sense instead of Iron Man's chest beam.

My only disapointment is with the 3DS version. I've played handheld version before and while they have been different they've been pretty much the same. This one is terible, if I'm honest. You can only play as one character per level, you can't swap characters in story mode, you only get one life, the levels are really small, you can't jump, and all the cutscenes were 2D. I didn't get past the first level as I gave up. It just wasn't fun at all. I was going to ask for it for Christmas, but I don't think I'll bother. I know it's only a handheld version but all the other handheld versions have been great.

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    LEGO Avatar and LEGO Korra? Unlikely, but I think it's a franchise that might work well.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Lego: The Hobbit is coming out next year

16. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Not forgetting this, coming as soon as February 2014!

[​IMG]

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I would love to see a Lego Game of Thrones game. That would be hella epic!

18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'd like to see Lego Batman 3 (maybe based off the Dark Knight Trilogy) and Lego Star Wars 4. Oh, and a real Lego Justice League game.

19. Kyy Jinn

Kyy Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2013
    I'd really love to see a sequel to Lego Clone Wars, where it continues from season 3 to season 5.

20. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    This would be awesome.

2015: LSW IV: The Clone Wars 2
    2017: LSW V: Rebels
    2020: LSW VI: The Sequel Trilogy
    2021: LSW VII: Adventures (Spinoff Films)

Kyy Jinn likes this.