main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Leia Organa's theme arrangement

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Nomadozic, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Nomadozic

Nomadozic Jedi Padawan

Aug 23, 2014
    Hi guys,
    I'm not sure that this could actually interest you but I've done a new Leia's theme orchestral arrangement and I just want to share it with you. I tried to give it a more "Cloud city" tone. Not sure if it works though.
    Here is the link :

2. Nomadozic

Nomadozic Jedi Padawan

Aug 23, 2014
    Just to add that i'm aware of the fact that the mix of this music isn't good... Sry for that, I'm definitly not a good sound engineer. I will try to find someone to work on it.

Kao Cen Darach likes this.
  3. Ryan Hunt

Ryan Hunt Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 11, 2013
    This is awesome! Great job.

Kao Cen Darach likes this.
  4. Nomadozic

Nomadozic Jedi Padawan

Aug 23, 2014
    Thanks a lot Ryan ! I'm glad you liked it.

5. Nomadozic

Nomadozic Jedi Padawan

Aug 23, 2014
    Hi, just to say that my arrangement has been remastered so it should sound better now.
    Here is the new link :

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  6. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm not sure what I'm listening to here. Is this an original orchestration or a preexisting one that you've sampled and remixed? Either way, I do think it's very good.

7. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    I like it. The original theme always sounded too "fairy tale-y" (eloquent I know) to me. I like how this retains the spirit of it but makes it sound more matched to the universe around it.

8. Nomadozic

Nomadozic Jedi Padawan

Aug 23, 2014
    Thanks a lot for your comments

Well it's an original orchestration I made, based on the one of the first movie (the original princess Leia's theme)... So I would say it's semi-original :) But as you can hear, there are some differences. But it was very difficult to give life to this new arrangement, because it was all done using a computer and samples (I played each instrument on a midi keyboard, the flute, the french horn, violins, and so on). By the way, I'm not happy at all with the flute at the beginning... it sounds too mechanical to me. But it's kinda too late to fix it.

I tried to add some links (like the force theme at the end) and a more Star Wars V and VI feeling overall.

9. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    I see. In that case, it's quite an achievement in my opinion. There's a bit more of a classical, if not quaint, Disney whimsy to the sound (peripheral "jingles" and "shimmers") while the keyboard synthetics reduces it in a way that oddly befits a kind of mono-orchestration of a 1930s serial. I dig the way you get melodically lyrical from the 1:50 -- 2:30 mark.

10. Nomadozic

Nomadozic Jedi Padawan

Aug 23, 2014