main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New lightsaber duel: Ewan McGregor v Graham Norton

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Freelancer257, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    Graham Norton's BBC1 chatshow on Friday evening had a bit of a Star Wars theme, as Ewan McGregor was a guest. He talked about his experience of making the prequels and visiting the Tunisian location which was used for Owen and Beru's house.

During the show, Graham Norton, Ewan and the other guest started duelling with replica lightsabers and making the sound effects! It's quite a funny moment. The show's repeated on Monday evening on BBC1 about 11.25 pm, if you want to catch it.

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Yup. I saw that. It was pretty funny.

Couldn't work out why the lightsabers weren't making any noise of their own, though. I own three of those things and they all make 'the noises'. Perhaps it was so they could make jokes about people making the noises themselves.

3. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
  4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It was good and I liked Ewan's story about how he went to the Lars' Homestead set in Tunisia and no-one recognised him :p

I do though expect someone who spent years working on a film and owns his own lightsaber prop to be able to tell that the FX saber he's picking up is not the one he or Alec Guinness used in the movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.