main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New lightsaber video-tutorial for After Effects

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Ryan_W, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker931

Skywalker931 Jedi Master

Nov 5, 2005
    Thank you... i'll try it

2. MTL4205

MTL4205 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    I do like the look of the new turorial, but it does make the tracking a bit harder.

What I liked about previous methods was the ability to use motion blur for the fan during a swing.

I might not be understanding the method quick clearly, but it seems like you would have to manually make the blade fan out when somebody was moving it by manipulating the four points of the matte.

It is possible I'm being completely dense, so somebody help me out.

Cheers

3. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003

I might not be understanding the method quick clearly, but it seems like you would have to manually make the blade fan out when somebody was moving it by manipulating the four points of the matte.

This is what we've always done, though. Otherwise the motion blur in the footage and the motion blur of the saber doesn't match. Just roto to the prop.

4. BRYAN_SEECRETS

BRYAN_SEECRETS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2005
    Very good tutorial. I hope I can use Ryan Wieber's new method to create new lightsaber glows in After Effects :) Thanks Ryan!

5. Rodek_Va_Korr

Rodek_Va_Korr Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2004
    Can´t download the file, am i too late?!...is it gone, please help!!!

6. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    This link(right-click and save-as) should still be working. :)

7. roben

roben Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2006
    Hi.
    I'm new at this forum.
    Thank you very much Ryan_W, your vid-tutorials helped me and my little brother in the art of rotoscoping our own lightsabers :) .

I have runned into a problem though, maybe there is someone out there who can help me.
    I haven't done a search on the forums yet, since I don't know how to formulate the problem.

I did it just like in Ryans tutorial, but somehow it went wrong:picture.
    As you can see in the picture I can't make the glowing go to left. In stops right under my belt.
    Anyone know why, and how I can make it go all the way?

Thank you in advance!

8. Kaat

Kaat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    Looks like either your adjust layer or your black layer under the blurred saber layers is misplaced. Make sure you place them in the middle of the picture and that they cover the whole footage.

9. mattio

mattio Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2005
    This has happened to me many times. You probably forgot to press "Make Comp Size" in the Composition settings. This makes it so the saber is only on the ratio you used last time in AE. Go to the composition setting on the white solid and click Make Composition Size!

10. Lord2

Lord2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2006
    This tutorial is not so new, I've heared it before.
    Maby a year ago or so:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.