Discussion New Lightsabers ideas

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by WhiskeyGold, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Jarren_Lee-Saber Force Ghost

star 4
    How about someone wielding two short lightsabers like double knives?
  2. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    Would be different, but I think that it would be difficult to block/deflect strikes at the legs.
  3. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    Love to see a lightsaber fight under water
    Sitara and EviL_eLF like this.
  4. Lars_Muul Chosen One

star 6
    Water? I want to see a lightsaber duel in space!

I'd also love to see a yellow lightsaber. It's something I've dreamed of ever since I was a kid. A Jedi garbed in black, like Luke in ROTJ, with a yellow blade instead of green... =P~

Napkins - they may be needed
    /LM
    Last edited by Lars_Muul, Nov 4, 2012
  5. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    I'd be cool with nunchuck lightsabers.
  6. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I don't want to see any type of lightsaber that didn't appear in the OT.
    Jedi Chloe likes this.
  7. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Regular lightsaber, double bladed, and perhaps a shorter off-hand saber (if someone's dual wielding). Beyond that I don't want to see anything new involving 3 blades or 4 blades or lightsaber tonfa, or lighttridents, or lightsaber naginata, or lightwhips (which were depicted in TCW and seemed very impractical).
  8. fishtailsam Force Ghost

star 4
    Ranged weapons would ROCK!
    Light-spears
    Light-arrows
    Light-shuriken
    Slings that hurl Light-pebbles
  9. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    A light-glaive or light-bo-staff would be interesting. I recall that in The Lord of the Rings, the Elven king Gil-Galad wields a great spear against Sauron at the Battle of Dagorlad (seen in the prologue of the first film). The sword has been the archetypal weapon of the heroic warrior since the Bronze Age, but an equivalent of a spear would be a fascinating subversion of this archetype. I fully expect the main protagonist to wield a lightsabre, but a secondary protagonist or an antagonist? Give them a more unique weapon.

[IMG]

As with many ideas, this has already been done by the EU. It's still something that could have a place in the ST, particularly if the point needs to be made that this is a very different time from the PT and OT.
    Last edited by QuangoFett, Nov 4, 2012
    Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  10. yggdrasil311 Force Ghost

star 3
    Luke will be the only one to show people how to even make Lightsabers, if he truly is the last jedi alive. He seems kinda like a ham n egger or a hayseed. I don't see him pushing along the designs past the saber part. Perhaps the next generation will hit up Light Axes and Light Tonfa.
  11. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    Unfortunately, the Saber-Staff and Lightwhip are now Canon, if the Lightwhip has appeared in TCW!
  12. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    The lightwhip in TCW isn't on the same level as a lightsabre. It looks more like solid metal heated to near the melting point rather than hot plasma. It doesn't deflect lightsabre blades or blaster shots, and it doesn't even cause much damage. It's a whip that just happens to be luminescent.
  13. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    What about something based off the Dark Saber from TCW?
    rumsmuggler likes this.
  14. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    We've seen curved blades. Pre Vizslas or some other Death Watch guy had one of those.
    Lumiya's lightwhip is extraordinary.
    We've kind of seen three-bladed sabers, but one of the blades was like the size of a pencil and stuck out of the side of a hilt. Not sure how that was used.
  15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Dont see how a Lightwhip would be impractical unless you're wondering why it doesnt burn through the floor when its still. A good explanation for it would be that the whip intensifies in motion.
  16. George Roper Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Fingerprint recognition in order to turn on.
  17. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    That would be great so your opponent can't kill you with your own blade,but what if you died and your friend's lightsaber was cut in half and they still needed to defend themselves?
    There is a special lightsaber crystal that only turns on the lightsaber if it is being wielded by someone with a pure heart.
  18. George Roper Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  19. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The lightwhip's always been canon. Same with the saber-staff.
  20. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    This last was mentioned in Essential Guide to the Force, I believe - it stops an enemy's blade sliding down and amputating fingers!
  21. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Oh, okay. I was wondering because apparently we don't see how it is used during the comic and it is so small that you can't use it to attack, really. Like a T-Rex's arms.
  22. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Addendum: in this sequel trilogy.
  23. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    **(Strict Nanny Voice)** "You'll have what the screenwriters decide to give you and like it"!
    ;);)
    WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  24. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Tim Battershell likes this.
  25. Voss Jedi Master

star 1
    Gloves... With metal gem pockets over the knuckles. And have short blades coming off the fists. Wolverine it..
    fishtailsam and rumsmuggler like this.