main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Literature forum moderator: Genghis12!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Gandalf the Grey, Oct 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    People here call the slackers terrorists, so I think you are just really overreacting.

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    First of all, digging up incidents from a year ago isn't really relevant and it's sort of mud-slinging. Responding to the link, it looks like you both should have stepped away from the thread instead of getting all worked up for nothing. How about letting bygones be just that and allow Genghis to have your support and a clean slate to work from.

3. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I really don't see how the Slackers relate in any way whatsoever to Ghengis' promotion.

4. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Read the comments on terrorists.

here , slackers=terrorist to some of the mods :)

and ghengis, you can just ban anyone who doesnt support your rule!

*this post would have been better with the Sarcasm alias.

5. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    October 2001 was a month after the terrorist attacks. Everyone's emotions were high. I agree tagging a group with the name terrorist was wrong. But again, it was a year ago.

6. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Well he did apologize, I dont see what the problem is.

7. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    What is this with everyone getting offended at everything lately? It's a messageboard. Excuse the bluntness but get over it already. It's hard to understand how some of these people survive in the real world.

8. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    I do that and I got banned for telling people that Mr Bra

9. Jades Fire

Jades Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1998
    That?s right, Genghis, put everything on me. You are the totally innocent, wronged party in here. Nothing is your fault. That?s you typical M.O. [face_plain]

And it couldn?t be further from the truth.

Yes, I accepted your apology, I absolved you of your sin. That doesn?t mean I gave up all right to be offended by your remark, or to still be offended by your remark. Plus, you never apologized to the other parties who you slandered that day.

Futhermore, I did offer you the olive branch, which you accepted. It was actually working for 3 or 4 months, until I asked you to provide proof for some assertions you were making. Then you played your ?Mister Innocent, I?m the wronged party? act and you have been flaming me ever since then, calling me among other things a basher, a troll, a spammer, ignorant, etcetera. Didn?t Gandolf issue a warning to you about your behavior toward me recently?

Pardon me for not believing that you can change your ways. Pardon me for actually believing the moderators when they say they hold the moderators to a higher standard. If they want high standards, then they should start with high standards. Pardon me for disagreeing. Pardon me for having the courage of my convictions.

The decision on resolving our problems is mutual. You are also a party to the solution. My experience shows that you have abandoned a previous attempt to heal the breech. Once bitten, twice shy. Can you once again agree to the truce I thought we forged one year ago? Until you accept responsibility for your past actions and genuinely stop attacking me for disagreeing with you, then we will not be able to move on.

10. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    As I mentioned privately to Genghis and to Jades Fire, although both sides are presenting intelligent debate and disagreement, this needs to go to PM. It's in everyone's interest, namely yours and Genghis'. :)

11. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Genghis was elected precisely because he was popular. That's the way just about every election is these days. If it was about who would be best for the job, it would have gone to someone else who does not regularly disparage authors and flame other members of the forum.

Yeah, he should gush about everything and everyone, right?

and ghengis, you can just ban anyone who doesnt support your rule!

LOL! :)

12. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
    Jeez, Jades, get over it already! [face_plain]

...and a Jango

13. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Jades Fire,

As I'm a good friend of Genghis, I highly reccomended him as a moderator. We took a good, long look at how he presents himself on the boards, and we did review the times he was out of line, including the infamous NJO Critics Club post that you've decided to ressurect a year after its demise.

When all was said and done, the positives outweighed the negatives. Genghis apologized after the incident, and was even dealt with afterwards by Darth Ludicrous. He's moved on.

Now, can you?

14. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    I think Genghis will act acceptably as a mod, and his promotion, while a bit of a surprise to me, is not one that I would have expected to bring up Drama, even in this thread.

That being said, are there better people for the job of literature moderator? Most certainly. dp4m, for one, would have been an ideal choice. But that is neither here nor there, and why?

Because there are far, far worse people they could have picked, that's for sure.

Like most members of this board that I have encountered, Genghis has an attitude and a rather inflated ego. However he is unique in the sense that when he is wrong he does not hesitate for an instant in admitting it and apologizing, which is something that 99% of the mods on these forums could do with a HUGE dose of. He doesn't hesitate to humble himself in any way if he was wrong, out of line, etc. He's extremely knowledgeable when it comes to SW EUdom, and will use his moderating powers justly, I'm sure.

I don't agree with the decision to promote him entirely, but I do think he'll do a fine job.

Congrats again G12!

JMA

15. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    However he is unique in the sense that when he is wrong he does not hesitate for an instant in admitting it and apologizing, which is something that 99% of the mods on these forums could do with a HUGE dose of.

I don't know about that. If I know I'm wrong about something, I'll admit it. I know I have in the past.

16. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    99% was obviously an exaggeration. I should have said "The vast majority" or even "The majority".

JMA

17. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    No one likes to admit they're wrong about something. Mods are people too.

I admit my mistakes whenever I can.

18. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Congratulations Genghis12, good to see with all the turmoil and whinging about new mods being selected by mods and people cyber-crying about their 'rights' (lol) deserving recipients can still become elected.

As we can see above with a small minorities irrational complaints, Genghis may not of gotten through by way of popular vote. But can anyone seriously name a more deserving or skilled candidate?

No?

Case rested. Congratulations Genghis, I would wish you luck, but I hope you don't need it!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.