main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Live action Series Concept "ROGUE JEDI"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by seekaedigital, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekaedigital

seekaedigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2003

Rogue JEDI: Concept By Chris Kokotis seekaedigital@hotmail.com

Perhaps the new series could revolve around a rogue jedi, who escapes the empire and heads off.....Pursed by evil Imperial commander who will stop at nothing to bring the head of this jedi to the emperor (he has a personal motive), but unlike Obi won and Yoda, this Jedi does not go into hiding...He continues his war on the emperor and helps all those he can. His destiny is to bring as much destruction to the Empire he can before he is struck down.. (this Jedi has a deathwish)

Along the way he will team up with Show regulars and together battle the Empire and other villans.....

I am currently Writing a screenplay based on this..Will post it up here when done. What do you think of the concept?.....

2. DarthBud

DarthBud Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2003
    It sounds cool
    just try not to make it Star Wars: Jedi Fu

3. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I like the concept, but not for a full series. It would work best over a multiple episode arc. I love the idea of an Imperial Commander with a Jedi grudge, and that kind of persistent and obsession is great to see in villains.

But just to let you know. LFL are forbidden to look at unsolicitated stories and ideas so you'd best think about who you're writing this for. Just plain fan fiction, or are you hoping that the Powers That Be notice?

4. seekaedigital

Dec 9, 2003
    hopefully when completed....If at that point I think its good enough.....I will shop for an agent.....and do it the correct way......

I am nearly complete so if all goes well....shouldnt be long......

5. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Jedi are overrated, overused, and flat out dull.

Do a show about one of the other infinite (and infinitely more interesting) people in the GFFA.

6. DARTH_VRUC

DARTH_VRUC Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2004
    I agree.The TV series would actually benefit from politicians (unlike the movies), but a hundred episodes watching a signle Jedi killing stormies?...
    Don't think so.
    Though the idea isn't bad, but only for a limited number of episodes.

7. DarthBud

DarthBud Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2003
    Have the pilot set during Revenge. Your Jedi can be returning to the Jedi Temple because of the beacon, then when Obi & Yoda use the beacon to warn others, your guy goes into hiding.

8. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    You could make this into a Fan Film. Or post at the FF forums for someone else to use.

9. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    Jedi are overrated, overused, and flat out dull.

Tick. Tick and Tick. I personally bore of them pretty easily, and that's why I find the bulk of fan-films so ass-numbingly craptastic.

Which is why having a Jedi running around for an entire series, like having it all revolve around the 'adventures of Boba Fett', will kill any SW show.

10. seekaedigital

Dec 9, 2003
    As much as I like Fan films. My screenplay is going to be used as my resume as a writer and am not interested in it being used as a fan film.....

Much as lucas has said about his tv series, my screenplay takes place between REvenge of the Sith and New hope.....

My screenplay is nearly complete and I will post it if anyone is interested in reading it.....

and for the record.....no my screenplay is not about a jedi just defeating storm troopers....Its has much, much much more depth to it than that......I guarantee.....

11. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    I'd love to read it. Sounds interesting.

12. DarthRonin1976

DarthRonin1976 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I hope that your writing abilities are not reflected in your posts on these forums. If that is the case, I seriously doubt your ability to handle grammar, punctuation, or even articulate your ideas adequately.

A piece of advice: Wasting time writing a Star Wars screen play and expecting an agent to actually promote you based on said screenplay is an excercise in futility. If you really want to write, you need to come up with some of your own ideas, and try to get them published before you go stomping around on someone else's already well seeded garden.

Sorry to be overly critical, but not just anyone can write. And it doesn't pay to go off half-cocked just because you got excited about a movie you saw.

Think about it.

edit:

And, dude, what's with the creepy Michael Jackson website you have listed in your profile? That is the most worthless piece of online journalism I have ever seen. Terrible writing. Horrile English. Unfathomably horrendous reporting of facts. Where are the facts anyway? I can't believe you would support such a website as a self-described "writer". Tsk tsk. Bad thing about internet blogs, e-zines, and the like: anyone can write one, whether they are qualified to do so, or not.

13. seekaedigital

Dec 9, 2003
    Although I was not going to reply to your insulting post. I thought I would anyway.

For your information, my quick posts on a message board do not portray any of my writing abilities. For your personal information.

I have written a number of Screenplays, Stories etc. I was accepted and attended various Writing courses based purely on my aforementioned Writing abilities. and I have been a Music Reviewer for the About.com Website. Not to ention I have been told I am a talented writer by my various teachers and mentors.

But as in this industry, getting that break as a unknown is easier said than done, and so to purse all angles in this industry, gives one the best chance of succeeding. This includes writing material for others, such as Star Wars.

As for the Michael Jackson Site: I believe the man is innocent and don't mind showing my support. The articles are often rushed due to "REAL" work and writing commitments but they get their point across.

So I hope you have a happy day.

14. Lord_Mideon

Lord_Mideon Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    SEEKAEDIGITAL - I look forward to reading your script.

Don't listen to the haters on these pages, so many of them like to strike people down (no pun intended) just for mentioning an idea. Good luck with your screen play.

Lord Mideon.

15. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    For network sweeps week, after taking too long in his pursuit, the commander is 'relieved' of his assignment by Darth Vader, who then kills the 'rogue jedi.'

I'd watch that. Lose the term 'rogue jedi' though. Why is he a rogue?

16. seekaedigital

Dec 9, 2003
    hey Lord_Mideon, Thanks for the post...!!! :)

17. Sedryzzle

Sedryzzle Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Seekaedigital, you know, if you have finishd writing the screenplay, or are even just partway through, I would love to read it! It sounds very interesting, and I know that I would most definately watch it as would many of my friends! Please do share your ideas, I want to hear more!

18. DarthRonin1976

Nov 17, 2003
    You are deluding yourself. You can barely string a sentence together without making tons of errors in spelling and grammar. I'm not going to even touch articulation of ideas and sentence structure.

The reason I criticized you is because so many people on here are clearly liars, and it is tiresome reading through all the self-promotions of talentless, half-witted, liars. If you have published anything, post it. Post proof. Otherwise go out and actually DO something instead of making crap up and coming here to make yourself feel better.

There are talkers, and there are doers. Know what I mean?

edit: Looked at your listed website thinking it might be some of your writing. Fat chance. It's a Mortal Combat Gaming website. What a joke.

19. DarthRonin1976

Nov 17, 2003
  20. seekaedigital

Dec 9, 2003
    Well People what can I say this guy knows it all.

I never thought that this board would be filled with insulting people such as Darth Ronin.

Quote" actually DO something instead of making crap up and coming here to make yourself feel better. "

I have better things to do in my life than make up stuff or insult people, a past time that seems have caught your attention.

I need not prove myself, to you or anyone, except maybe a producer, agent or director.

I am an aspiring filmmaker. I am 28 years old, not some child who sits around do nothing. I have a University degree, including honors. I have studied Screenplay writing methods with The Film Corporation. I work 9 to 5. And I write in my spare time. Between working with my band on recording a demo album or going out with my girlfriend.

And as previously mentioned, one of my screenplays I am currently working on is based on Star wars. Every piece I write, I do well, and actually spend a bit more effort in the editing department than I would on simple message board post. (Where for your information, I write as I speak on message board, not concerned about grammar and punctation, I dont actually PROOF read my posts, Cause I never thought I was being graded on message board posts).

This is my last post about this. More than enough of my time has been wasted on this topic.

Thanks for Time Darth Ronin and effort you seem to waste. I do not have the luxury of wasting any more time on said subject matter.

P.S.
    Thanks for the Personal message calling me a "FAKE" and correcting my grammar......

Got more time to waste why not correct this message two, I mean too, I mean to...Well I do not, I mean Dont, I mean Don't no, Know, Nooo, what I mean perhaps you can enlighten me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.