main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY New Logo/Shirt Designs.....................

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by lgtsbr, Nov 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Hey everyone

Kait, Chris, and I have been talking and tossed the idea of new shirts and a logo around.

What does everyone think? New Logo for the change in the club? No more Darth Lampshade? Maybe something more than grey on our boards? Possibly a new shirt that is not black with yellow-green ink?

What are your thoughts?

If you have ideas please post it here. If you feel the ambition - you can draw up the design and I can host it for all to see.

Once we get some new designs we will run a poll to determine which design wins.

Talk away

Dave

2. CONFUZED

CONFUZED Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2003
    but I like Darth Lampshade...I think she'd be cute on a t-shirt!!! :)

3. DarthCrambette

DarthCrambette Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Awww, what's wrong with DarthLampshade? I think that should be the design on our t-shirts. 8-}

Edit: Great minds think alike. ;)

4. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    A standardized logo is what we need. What ever we come up with, it should be used with everything we do like a letter head and we should stick with it. Something to do with Hoth would be a good theme to use for shirts and our board. I cannot think of anything else really. A snow covered Chewie or something maybe. Take an image of Rochester and put star was stuff in it. Like the Falcon landing on one of the buildings and stuff like that. What's our actual official name Are we "the Rebellion" or "the Rebellion of Rochester"

5. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    The only problem with the Hoth theme is that Buffalo already has it - their name is "The North Ridge"........thats not to say we can't use a snow theme - being we are The Rebellion.

I agree with you Jeff - we need to come up with a logo and it should be used on everything we do - from Stationary to the Website itself.

maybe we should start thinking like Rebels - use a logo of a custom ship design or a rebel base theme.....

Keep the ideas flowing - they are good :D

Dave

6. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    I think Darth Lampshade needs to be included somehow... :p

7. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    The problem is coming up with something original enough at the same time recognizable as being SW. As for T Shirts Maybe we can come up with a sort of mascot, like our own AstroMech or Rebel Person. Not to generic though. They could have a name and maybe their own Fan fic. back ground. That stuffs fun to do. I am thinking a Female Echo base Person, or Female Pilot. Something different.

8. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    What about symbols that will be recognizable as rebel??

Maybe use the red Rebel Logo in the background or maybe a pic of the Falcon or maybe even a Rebel Pilot Helmet *cough Mookie cough* - then have a Lightsaber and Blaster cross in front of it.

All those things are, at least in my opinion, very recognizable as Rebel

Just a thought..........

9. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Just my 2 cents (and those are Canajun ones)...

Buffalo has an Imperial logo that is also a snowflake, if you did want to keep a snow related theme, why not combine a snowflake motif into the rebel insignia?

10. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Yeah Blasters and stuff are probably easier to do then characters. Snow Speeder perhaps? Make a Rebel Bird sign that looks like a Snow Flake or something is a good idea as well. For our Header on the page maybe we can figure out how to put up a Hoth Gun turret and a Taun Taun scene with Rochester in the back ground maybe.

11. R2_Tech_Force_D2

R2_Tech_Force_D2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2003
    How about having a picture of the Rochester city skyline with something like the DEATH STAR hovering above?

And then have the DEATH STAR loaded and ready for the next person who threatens to raise monroe county taxes!!

:)

12. R2_Tech_Force_D2

R2_Tech_Force_D2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2003
    OOps...i forgot that it has to be a Rebellion theme. :))

13. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    What about this - The red Rebel Logo in the background except have it Ice Blue instead of Red

The in front of that put a saber and gun or something to that nature

The Tauntaun is cool and all but that may hit the grey area of Copyright - as well as the rebel logo - not sure.

We already have a skyline of Rochester and, to be honest, if we wanted to use that as a logo for shirts and such we are looking at a very difficult logo to print.

From a printing aspect - the easier the logo the better for printing it is. A rebel logo doesn't have a ton of detail so it can be both enlarged and shrunk with minimal problems while a skyline of Rochester is a very detailed image, and when you enlarge or shrink the image you will loose a ton of detail. I know this probably sounds weird but it is unfortunately the nature of printing.

If you guys have ideas then by all means draw them up (if you are able, I know I can't draw a straight line with a ruler ;)) and I can host them for everyone to see. I also have a scanner here so if you can't get in on a computer let me know

Good Stuff Guys

Dave

14. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    A sky line does not have to be to detailed. Think of the Frasier Logo. If you have not seen it its like an out line of the recognizable building(s) I remember a design that was done on computer for the old club that looked very good. To bad it was never followed through with. I never got the file for it either. Anyway something that says Rochester would be nice. To bad we cold not use the Flower City Logo in some way, but that would never fly. We were denied permission before.

15. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Well - if you can find a design I say bring it to the table and let others see what you have in mind.

The only way we are going to get a new logo is if we have examples of what we want to do.

16. CONFUZED

CONFUZED Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2003
    Hey Jeff- Great ideas!!!!!! Keep 'em coming!!!

17. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    How bout turning DH-44 blasters into snow guns? :p

Ok, joking. I like the skyline idea, and Jeff does have a point with the "etch-a-scetch" outline. The Outline with the frost blue Rebel Logo would look really cool. And I also was thinking of a snowspeeder in there or something. Possibly something like a snowspeeder coming "out of" the shirt with the outline of the city behind it.

18. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    How bout this as a first submission:

[image=http://www.saberbelt.com/images/LogoIdea.jpg]

Click on it for a bigger view

Dave

19. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Go to www.RochesterNY.com look at top Left corner for City Sky line example. If we wanted to do something like that maybe we could come up with our own so that we were not stealing that one. Just a thought. I like that color for the Symbol Dave. It looks Frosty. Burrrr.. I always liked blue and white. That was the old club colors.

20. MaxReBoot11

MaxReBoot11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    it's the return of the girl who hasn't been to mtgs lately!!!

Are ideas on the table still or has one been finalized and voted on and is in the presses as we speak??? Just wondering before i launch into some mass effort as a possibly logo, instead of homework....

Someone let me know! :) thanks!
    ~the missing Molly

21. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Uh.. Who is that. Starts with an M I think. Oh I remember you. Its Molly. I think we have put the shirts on hold untill we get the web site going. So the answer to your question is no, I guess.
    And get you butt to a meeting already, girl !!!!! Your missing out on the Yummies MMMMMMM..... Carmel Sauce and Chocolate Yum Yum stuff.

22. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, and you both missed decorating and cookies :D

23. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Hey Molly - long time no hear!

We are still looking for a logo design yes. We are going to be registering our new domain name - www.echostationrochester.com - very soon. So everything for a logo design is free game.

I think we are going to take our current website (the one on Ryan's server), update it a bit, and place it on our server so we have something temporary until we get the new site designed.

Being Echo Station is a Hoth thing - you might want to incorporate a snow theme. I am not sure what you have in mind but please feel free to draw it up - if you need it hosted I can handle that temporarily until we get our server up and going.

If you or anyone needs a drawing scanned and hosted please let me know - I have a small scanner here (can't take much bigger that 8.5 x 11 inches) and would be more than happy to take care of it for you.

Later

Dave

24. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Mookie sent me a logo desing idea - here it is - discuss away

[image=http://www.saberbelt.com/images/MookieEchoStationRochesterLogo.jpg]

Click on the pic for larger view

Dave

25. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    This is to weird. Same thing I was thinking with the Turret on the side and all. Seriously. Awesome!!!!! Its got my vote. The turret is the only thing that I could think of to use that was recognizable as star wars, not as complicated as a taun taun, and would not be a big copy right issue. I think I mis understood something though. I thought Echo Station Rochester was going to be just the Address for the Website. The Rebellion at www.EchostationRochester.com If not, I had not clue we were doing a total name change. Are is that just a logo for the web site with its own name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.