Discussion New Marketing: Classic Titles?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Graphic, Jan 30, 2013.

?

Which stile for the new Trilogie did you prefer?

Classic 16 vote(s) 50.0%
Prequels 8 vote(s) 25.0%
something new 8 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. Graphic Jedi Knight

star 2
    My english isnt that good, so i keep it simple: Which stile for the new Trilogie would you prefer?

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Episode Swag likes this.
  2. LunarMoth Jedi Master

star 4
    My vote is Classic, but they will have a universal style that will cover all Episodes.
  3. Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    I love the retro look but I would like something new.
  4. DV75 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I love the classic look - but what I want is the title of the episode to have more prominence.

We all know this is Episode VII and it will say so in the crawl. They don't need to advertise it as such.

They can have a new styled adverturous looking font of the main title with 'star wars' featured in smaller letters much like how Empire and Jedi was.
  5. aguywithabiggun Jedi Master

star 4
    I like red better than blue?
  6. KED12345 Jedi Master

star 4
    I honestly liked all the titles for the movies, they had a very 50s movie title to each of them.
  7. Echo-07 Jedi Master

star 4
    While the yellow Empire title logo was always my favorite, overall I love the PT titles the best because they are so classy. I think they should stick with those.
  8. mes520 Jedi Master

star 4
    Try something new or some combination of both
  9. GunganSlayer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I prefer the classic logos, but to be honest I imagine for the new films the logos will be new, with a hint of retro, if that makes any sense. The Special Editions were kinda like that. I've never liked the Prequel style logos; they seemed too boring to me and placed too much emphasis on the "EPISODE" aspect.
    Graphic likes this.
  10. ManaByte Force Ghost

star 4
    I have 30 down on my net connection and that second image is still taking forever to load.
  11. swcolts1277 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think they should have the episode then in larger letters the title of the movie, kinda the opposite of the what the prequels did.
  12. Episode Swag Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like the Special Edition DVD set art for the old films. They had the same overall look of the newer films, but the letters were silver. I think the look should be like the prequel titles, but with a different color like white or something.
  13. QsAssistant Jedi Knight

star 2
    I liked how the OT did it. Each film had it's own thing and I think the new trilogy needs to do that.
    Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  14. Joe Jedi Master

star 6
    I agree. It just says 'Star Wars', even if the words 'Star Wars' weren't in it.
    Echo-07 likes this.
  15. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Definitely the retro look. There's something about them I've always liked. Plus, they've always been more iconic.
  16. I Are The Internets SFTC Tiemaster (Nov '16)

star 8
    They should do something new.