***NEW MEETIN*** Oct. 16th **ALL DAY PAINTBALL***

Discussion in 'Quad Cities - Old Board' started by TT_Boy, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TT_Boy Force Ghost

star 1
    We have changed the meeting to Tiffen, iowa for Team Products Paintball. Game time is 9:30 - 10:00 we leave when we leave.

Paintball is a VERY FUN SPORT, and is enjoyed by many age groups even 11 yr olds play!
  2. QCJediLance Jedi Master

star 1
    It may be fun but not all of us can afford to do it. But depending on how much it is ill try to be there.
  3. TT_Boy Force Ghost

star 1
  4. qcjedijustin Jedi Knight

i can't spend that much money at this time, sorry-WON'T be there
  5. ChrisKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anything and everything we do is cost money and its going to be on a weekend. This has been the QCJO's most active year. We have been to WindyCon, Capricon, filmCon,Wizard World,The Museum of Science and Industry, DragonCon, Chicago Force paintball Apirl/October. All have costed money and all were on the weekend. Keep this in mind. This is what a fan force does. This is how the Bornhoeft brothers (and Kent) play. We want more involvment from you. We are one of the most active groups in the country. The thing is only three of us do things outside the Quad Cities. Start thinging of C3 and plan NOW. Don't wait till April to save the money or book your hotel because you will not get a room. Some meetings are on short notice but the big events like cons are not. Every has the same access to the information as we do. No one can ever say we don't do anything, we do everything that comes up in the mid west and beyond...
  6. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    I wish I could go but I cant-I have a wedding to attend out of town. Sorry. I really want to go and play.
  7. Thralleon Force Ghost

I should be there, pending approval of the shift switch.
  8. qcJediJes Jedi Knight

It's understood that all events cost money. Costuming, conventions, paintball...All of it costs money. And hell yeah, a Fan Force should be trying to do as many events as possible. You're completely right, that's the overall goal of a Fan Force.

But I think there needs to be a distinction between meetings and events. Not everyone that wants to be a member is going to be able to attend all events. Not everyone is going to have the money. I don't have the money (I'm making an independant flick...nothing will drain your savings more quickly) and I know that many of the other guys don't have the money. It comes down to picking and choosing what to spend the money on (in my case, I'm saving up for C3, and at this point, I have no idea if that is even going to be a reality).

But, if we just had a meeting once a month - as opposed to an event or outing (like paintball) - where people can get together at Garfield's, or VI, or whereever, and not have to spend money on anything other than a cup of coffee, I think it would be much appreciated.

Maybe I'm not one to talk, as I've probably been the least active member of the QCJO in my five years of association with it. Truth was, I couldn't get time off work for evening meetings before (especially on weekends). Now, that's not so difficult - I'm off by 7:00 every night - and I'd like to do something with the group just to get to know some of the other guys (the only ones I'm really familar with are Chris, Steve, Nathan, Zack, Luke, Justin, and Hozak). I'd like to be able to discuss plans for C3 and even Revenge of the Sith while enjoying a cup of coffee (I'm a coffee whore, by the way). I'd like to see meetings that don't involve much money, and to see events continue as is (I'm hoping to have some paintball money in November...I haven't broke out my Tippman in ages). Maybe I'm the only one that feels that way, and if so, I'll shut up, probably not attend most events (lack of cash) and maybe see everyone at C3.

I don't know. That's just my two cents.
  9. qcjedijustin Jedi Knight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.