main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Meeting Date

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JediKnightPasJoDacle, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    So when's our next meeting date, what date is good for everyone? Are we going to meet at the same place as last time or somewhere new(prefferably someplace closer to where I live...lol) Well, uh...ya.

2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    How about Parmatown mall this time? I'm closer to that mall and I really like hanging out there- plus the mall is going to be torn down sometime in the near future for apartment buildings (REALLY ticks me off, I love that mall)so we may as well enjoy going there while we can. And if we could know real far in advance of the meeting date, that'd be great cause where I work at they get ticked off if I don't request time off a month in advance or so. Also, I'm still new to this forum and all, so do I need to sign up to be a member of this "Fanforce"? Or pay any yearly dues or anything? Just wondering about that!

3. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Let me stress that I really, really, really don't want to go to Parmatown. When I was driving up to Strongsville yesterday, Bryan remarked that he doesn't even like to go there.

I really didn't mind Strongsville Mall though. :)

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    As far as I know, there's no membership fee or dues or whatever. However, you will have to pay your way if we do any special activities such as going to see AOTC or if we have lightsaber building nights or whatever. And I would really like to meet at Parmatown too, cuz it's a lot closer to me.

5. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Well I really really don't want to go to Strongsville either! Guess we're in the same boat eh? As I said though, just a suggestion...don't bite my friggin' head off ok? Ya don't want me pulling out my trusty saber... }:p

6. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Thanx TheRandomMenace, I understand that with like seeing the movie and things of that nature we will have to pay our own way. It's just that these "Fanforces" seem so serious as if you'd have to pay for initial membership lol. I really don't mean to get off topic but what's lightsaber building nights? Sounds awesome, cause I seen a custom saber I wanted online but its $650, building one would seem cheaper hehe.

7. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Pas-Jo Dacle has already built his own Vader replica saber for about $100,(although he got some bargains, it could have cost him $300). I however, am building my own custom saber (an original design; it isn't based off of a movie character's). I have spent about $20 so far, and I still need to acquire some more parts. I suppose that at the very MOST expensive, mine is going to cost about $40, but I'm expecting it to be about more like $30. Just to give you an idea, I'm using a chrome drain pipe for the handle. Once Dacle helps me with mine, we could both possibly instruct a saber building class. Forewarning though: it might take a while for sabers to get completed. We might have to stretch the course out over a series of time.

8. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Wow that sounds sweet, I'm in. That's not expensive at all, BUT the saber I want is highly complex compared to the regular saber. I'm not giving away my ideas either, but mine will probably cost a LOT more to make hehe. It's a brilliant idea too,but I'm not payin' $650 to get it from someone else. And I would think that building your own gives you a good "feeling" from making it. Man,why didn't they ever have that as an extracurricular activity in school? :p

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I am personally looking at this as something that will serve several functions:
    1. It will be fun to do.
    2. I'm not good with mechanics- it will help me learn more about being mechanical.
    3. It will bring some creativity out of me.

4. MOST IMPORTANTLY: I feel it is a requirement that every Jedi constructs his/her own personal saber as part of the journey of Knighthood.

10. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Strongsville is one of the nicer area's in Cleveland. I really don't understand what the problem is with the place. The mall is huge, clean, and has plenty of cool stores.
    Parmatown being torn down? First I've heard of it (they just did a massive renuvation/reconstruction to the interior - I find it hard to believe they wasted all that money just to tear it down a year later). If it's trye - I'm not too surprised. Ever since South Park Mall opened, it's gone downhill.

As for what this original topic was about [face_tee_hee]) - where else could we meet?

11. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I sorry for sounding like I was biting someone's head off, I wasn't trying to.

12. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    No problem. :) Sorry if I came off as too defensive. :D

13. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Parmatown is a good place for the next one. Strongsville is good also but if more people can go to Parmatown then Strongsville then we should go to Parmatown.

14. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Ya, I like that idea of switching from Parma to strongsvilel, I have no problem with strongsville mall, it's just that parma town mall is closer. By the way, saber building should be a requirement if ur a jedi, and no there is no fee whatso-ever for joining fanforce meetings.

15. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    As for Parmatown, I know they've been working on the old Dillard's end of the mall for a couple years now. But they're close to opening a new fancy movie theater there; so I can't imaging tearing it all down after all the renovations done.

For those of us who live near Parmatown, how about a weekday evening meeting? I know not everyone lives close to P-town, but the more meetings we have the better.

And for those who couldn't make it to SouthPark, we all agreed to keep things fairly casual (no mandatory attendance or membership fees). If you can make it to a meeting...great...if not we all have lives away from SW and having "meetings" is just a way of getting together with each other.

IDEA: Monday, March 25th 6:30pm Parmatown Food Court?

16. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Sunday nights, Mondays, and Tuesdays are terrible for me. I'd prefer another Saturday meeting, but I suppose a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday would work too.

17. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Monday March 25 is fine with me. Any other suggestions. :)

18. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I am all for Parmatown Mall. Strongsville is perfectly fine, but Parmatown is also nice, and it's a lot closer to my place.

19. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I don't know if any Mondays is really good for me, I have school the next day really early.

Oh wait, what am I saying, I have Spring Break next week!

Woo hoo! Finally! Spring Break! :D :D

But still, besides that Monday, they are really bad for me.

20. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Well I just checked my schedule again and I'm totally free on Monday ,March 25. Sounds great! I've never really met other hardcore fans like myself. Anything I should bring along? Or just a "chill out" kinda thing? Sorry to be such a nuisance but I just wanna make sure bout what do bring and/or do before I go so I don't look like a total ass lol. But I'll be there!

21. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    You don't need to bring anything but your appetite for Star Wars. Now that we've held our first meeting, most of us already know who each other are. But since you didn't make it, it would be a good idea to tell people what you will be wearing so that it will be easier to identify you. Although at the last meeting we all wore some SW garb so that we could find each other easier. If you guys hold a meeting on Monday, I'd really love to be there, but my Mondays are really hellacious, and so are Tuesdays. Don't have the meeting without me! I'd feel like Obi-Wan behind the red chamber doors in TPM watching Darth Maul own Qui-Gon. NOOOOOOOOO!

22. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Well first off I don't dress in costume, mainly due to financial limitations (and I'm saving up for CII) So I will more than likely wear my only SW shirt I own at the moment, a Return of the Jedi tshirt with Yoda on the front...damn thing is getting small holes in the front so I might not wear it, but I will have one of my Dark Side caps on, one sports a head image of Maul, another just of his eyes staring at you lol. But if nothing else just look for one of those caps lol. Also, if Monday is bad, I'm also off Tuesday and Wednesday from my job, but that's about it.

23. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Next Wednesday could work. And that's what I meant Reborn, not to wear a costume to the meeting, but just a SW shirt or cap or something easily identifiable related to SW.

24. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Well I have severial things to say...

1. I REALLY want to help get this group going and be involved. I miss the one I was involved in back in San Antonio.

2. Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays are the ONLY days I can do anything because I work the night shift all other nights.

3. I dont care where we meet cause I live in Euclid and will have to drive a ways where the meeting is.

4. I have built countless Sabers and taught a class at my last group on saber building. I would be willing to do the same here. Ask Grn about the 2 he has seen. I probably have enough supplies to make 2 sabers for all of you. :)

5. Monday nite on the 25th would be great for me.....except I will be in Denver. Figures.

Thats all I have to say about that.

25. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Anrev, your schedule is totally opposite mine, lol. Thank you for mentioning your expertise at building sabers. Pas-Jo Dacle and I are becoming quite good at building them too, so perhaps all 3 of us could help teach the saber building class. That'd be a ton of fun. May the Force be with you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.