main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New meeting dates and times

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by Darth_Fairacon, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fairacon

Darth_Fairacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    Hey folks,

I propose that we move our monthly chapter meetings to the FIRST WED or SAT of the month, each and every month.

We should pick one and then pick a place to have the meeting at each month. Easy to find for new members.

I have found a new place to meet at, that isn't quite as loud as CiCi's pizza, although I do enjoy the pizza... There is a pub in the mall, The Irish Dragoon. I have been there a few times, nice place.

Anyone else have any ideas? Thoughts?

Todd
    DF

2. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    I LOVE the Irish Dragoon!!!! I go there for some other meetings as well!! I know they would welcome our business and would even put us on the calendar so that the public could see.

I vote for the first Saturday of the month, no matter where we choose.

I talked with Jim and Woody at Kim's memorial yesterday and they said Jim had talked to you about going back to Jason's Deli. That is a great idea too, as they have lots of good food and plenty of seating. We used to have our meetings there to begin with. The one draw back to Jason's is that it can get rather loud in there.

The draw back to the Pub is the limited menu. I don't see that it costs any more than Jason's, but there is not so much on the menu for those that are health concious. And it is a Pub, that serve's beer and other spirits. Just a thought because we want to keep this kid/family friendly. Although we could be in the back room, totally away from the Bar part.

If we go for Satuday, the best time seem's to be around the 1-2 time frame for starting. If we go Wednesday, I say 7, just so that our folks from Temple have time to get there. *S*

3. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Well, then let's shoot for Saturdays then.

So the next meeting will be this coming SAT, 4 DEC 2004 at 1pm.

I will check with the pub to find out more details on the "back room" thing.... sounds spooky... lol

I will post here again on TUE.

If it doesn't work out at the pub, we'll shoot for Jason's Deli.

Thanks!
    Todd
    DF

4. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    I think we might want to shoot for starting this in January. With the Holidays, The Pub's back room may already be booked for this month. Plus this gives us a month or so to put it up on the website how we will be doing our meetings in the future, if the Pub agrees to let us do this.

Plus, I think that this Saturday is short notice for alot of folks. I for one have 3 places I already have to be on Sat. the 4th. In addition, it doesn't give me enough time to have it listed with the FanForce site either.

If I'm the only one with conflicts, then have it on the 4th, but if not, then lets shoot for another day this month.

5. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Well, then I dont know what to say.

When ya all figure it out... email me.

My energy is about spent here.

Happy Holidays,
    Todd
    DF

6. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001