main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH New Meeting Day(s) / Time(s)?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by GeekGoddess, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    What's the word on starting to get back together again? New Day(s)? New time(s)?

2. Z28Jerry

Z28Jerry Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2004
    I would love to get the chance to meet some of you freaks, I will effort 100% to make it to the next meet for sure.

So?..........

3. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    well, lets get the ideas flowing then...

My dad was in & out of the hospital[He now has to go to dialisis(sp?) for his kidneys] during the holidays so I've been a little bit stressed.

I think we need to think of a better place than Tricounty for a meeting place. It was too inconvenient of a drive for people. For special meetings & movie outings it's a good place. but for right now, We'll put it on hold.

Things to consider:

convenience- easy to find, easy to get to.

price- at the end of the day, someplace that won't kill the wallet.

Noise- someplace that that disscussions can take place without disruption to ourselves or others.

Public Interest- Let's face it, Our group isn't getting any bigger. The more people there are, the more activities will become more enjoyable. The "bring a friend" policy is always in effect, but some curious people off the street won't hurt either. We should neither be cloistered nor secretive.

just a few things to think about.

Post your thoughts here in this thread.

Won't move on until next week or better.

4. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Well, I guess we need to figure out where everyone will be coming from so we can find a more centralized place.

Also, I know that saturdays at 7 won't work for me because I started taking a dance class with a couple of friends and that's the only day and time we all have off in common.

I guess we should also set up another set of day and time polls to see what's good now, especially with the college schedules and possible changed work schedules.

My suggestion for place would be someplace right off of a major highway (71, 74, 75, 275), but I guess that is contingent upon where the central point is.

I can't wait for the good sunny weather to come back so we can have another picnic in the park! THAT was a GREAT day!

5. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Seeing as how I just moved, I might be able to help for a cookout.
    I went to a smaller house but a large yard.

6. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    Well, I will be moving into a new place this coming August so I would love to host a gathering. I will be living in the Miamisburg area.

7. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    polls will be forthcoming. First let's deal with location:

Sound off what neck of the woods you are coming from.
    General/Specific

Me- West side/ Miami Heights, Cleves

8. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    During the week I'd be coming from work in Lebanon (FAR North East)

Over the weekend, most likely from home in Hamilton (North), unless I'm working.

9. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    ...On a side note...

Our RSA gave me some ideas on how we could get the word out about the Fan Force...

[from Jedi-runya:]
    I like to leave a flyer and business cards at the local comic/gaming/toys shops in town. Also here in St. Louis we have a free local paper, kind of a local's only paper...but they have free ad spots. You could look for something similar. Oh and don't forget leaving something at libraries, coffee shops and the like. And Of course, word of mouth. Bookstores are good for that too, Barnes and Noble, Borders. Get to know who stocks the SW shelves and the counter people. It is amazing how they get the word out for you!

I wish you all the luck. Oh and we put up a Myspace page, and that actually drew in 2 new people for us.

hehe, sorry, it would seem I am full of ideas. What I have wanted to do here, is visit all the bookstores with group members and remind them that we are here, possibly in costume. They will remember the geeks that way!

Christina

Any other thoughts or suggetions?

I'd like to hear them.

10. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    I'm from the West side, Price Hill/ Covedale/ Delhi

but I know and am familiar with Bridgetown, WesternHills, Colerein, Tricounty(kinda. . . )Clifton UC campus area etc. . .

Menath is from Blue ash, North East. . . but I'll let him sound off on what he's familiar with

11. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    seeing how we know what direction most everyboy is coming from, any ideas on a location?

I'll throw some ideas out there a little later.

12. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Start a new thread, cause I got several for you... My Evansville club did several things and got some people.

13. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    So what's the word on this? Where is everyone coming from? Any location ideas? Sorry I'm not too much help in that department since I'm still not familiar with anything outside of Lebanon and Hamilton/Fairifeld.

14. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    well, there is a new wrinkle if the Dayton Fanforce is willing to merge with us.

Tri-county or places along I-75 would be ideal as far as metting locations so the drive wouldn't be so far for them.

15. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    *pokes the Dayton people*

You in or out for joining us in the zaniness that can be our little group o' geeks? :)

16. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    I dont think we really have a fanforce here anymore. I havnt seen junkie in 2 years and I have been real busy. Id like to get reinvolved again.

17. DemonJedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I would have to say a good meeting place that is easy to find during the warm weather months and is fun is Kings Island. I buy a pass every year.

18. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    that's a possibility... And they are hiring right now.

Free access to the park is pretty cool, but it will kill your transportation if you aren't careful.

19. DemonJedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Hi Exalted 1 Im sure they are always hiring. They had this school house rock thing i showed up for, i told them most kids of today can only play a cd player they have no clue on how to acually play a guitar. Get this they didnt like they way i looked and wanted me to play off stage while some young Backstreet boy looking punk was on stage apearing like he was playing. That type of Milli-Vanilli crap isnt my cup of tea. However when is the plan of the next meeting? My opinion would be Fairfield Mall area off 275. Bowling sounds like a winner what you think?

20. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    sounds good, but How about Laser Web instead? That's in that neck of the woods.

1st Saturday in March ok?

I'll get more info as I get it but if that day is bad for anyone say so now.

21. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    I can think of several bowling alley's but none up in that area. . .

Menath just moved right to the Fairfield/Winton area so I'll be getting to know that area much better

wait what am I talking about. . .there is a lane up there that was the home lanes for fairfeild. . . (derrr)

I've got plans for March 2nd, and a baby shower during the afternoon on March 3rd, but other than that.. . . oh and probably working on a project for my Database class during the afternoon early evening on March 4th. .

other than that. . . crap! Becky would kill me, Swing time is playing that Night. . .

we could do York Street Cafe' in newport :D

22. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    That sounds good to me, I rather enjoyed it the last time(although it brought up some rather strong memories).

If not then the 2nd week then. We need to start Planning for May. I'd like to get the group somewhat together so we can present ourselves properly to the public @ the library.

The Order Of Kai Kan is getting seriously under way and I'd like us to be ready as well.

23. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Except for once-a-month horse shows, my weekends are pretty much free now. Dropped the dance class.

24. DemonJedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Yes the second weekend would be good for me the 3rd and 4th (1st weekend) I have an umpire seminar that whole week end. Weekends are good but I dont get off of work till 2pm get home and changed and out the door at 3pm so 4pm is a good meeting time.

25. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    I'll see what I can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.