main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA New Meeting Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by GFORCE13, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Well I guess somebody had to get it Started, so let it be me!!!
    I personally wouldn't be able to attend a meeting till the 3rd weekend of October and I realize witht the upcoming Holidays it will be difficult to schedule. So Suggestions:

2. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Three words: Oktoberfest Alpine Village

3. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    VK Good Choice but this would have to happen soon since it only runs till the 25th!!!!
    Ok my suggestion Farrells Ice Cream Parlor (aka Mountainaisa). It would be a drive but there is a lot of things to do while there could make a day trip out of it. http://www.mountasiafuncenter.com/

4. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    We were thinking of this last July for a weekday dinner since several of us were closeby. It's not our usual type of restaurant, but let's face it, many of us are a lot broker than we were last year. I'd still like to get together and do this, but on a weekend might be more practical:

http://carsonbuffet.com/ It's right across from the IKEA in Carson. It's not as posh as some places LAFF has gone for our dinner meetings, but it's just as nice as CPK and a heck of a lot nicer than Shakey's for sure. I thought the food was really delicious.

5. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    I have a new Suggestion on the 6th a Xmas Carol Imax goes on sale maybe this could be combined with a meeting??

6. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I can't stand Jim Carey...but I SO want to see this in 3D!!

December 6 is Sunday. So, GF, if I get you right, what you're proposing is late dinner on the evening of December 5 and then we all go to the midnight show of Christmas Carol, right? If so, it sounds like fun to me and I'm there...God willin' an' the crick don' rize...and we see the movie in 3D.

7. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    VK just to explain the Imax Christmas Carol at the Bridge starts on Thursday November 5th at Midnight since the release date is the 6th of November, it does not have to be a midnight screening for me. We could go anytime maybe even on Thanksgiving Weekend???

8. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    A Friday night get together?! How avant garde! Sounds great to me as long as we're not too rushed for time. If we meet at the Bridge Friday after work, I don't think I would be able to make it before 6-6:30 from downtown. I usually don't get home until 5:40 - 6:00 and the Bridge is farther than home. Saturday is probably not doable for many of us. The weekend afterwards (11/14) would be OK, too.

9. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    VK I also wouldn't be able to do it till at least the second weekend in November !!!

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    OK, SJ, as CR, do you want to see if 11/14 is good for as many of our active members as possible?

11. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    We are both in for the 14th but the 22nd is impossible for us do to the Road Warrior Weekend Campout!!!

12. Clawdite_Daisy

Clawdite_Daisy Jedi Master star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    The early days of LAFF. With one exception, I kind of miss it.

[image=http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs208.snc3/21566_1326109518529_1404644485_952624_5120622_n.jpg]

13. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I just miss being a fan force in general.

14. Clawdite_Daisy

Clawdite_Daisy Jedi Master star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    You going to the Caprica Viewing Party?

15. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Any of you guys going to Celebration V? I got my ticket already, think I'm going with a friend from Portland. It should be really fun I hope! It'll be a good break I think because I will be shooting my first feature film in July, so I need something more fun and relaxing to do after that haha.

16. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Yes I am.

And Bowen, most of us aren't going to CV because it's just too expensive. Especially for me, since I'm a broke, injured college student. I might go to Comic Con instead. I have a hook up at where I used to work who can try to get me an exhibitor pass.

17. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    haha, well the Celebration itself is cheap, but the trip is overall expensive since it's so darn far away! But I'm splitting room costs with my buddy so that will help a lot.

18. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm going to CV for the full four days, as well as four days at Disney World beforehand. Can't wait!

19. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Wow that's awesome, should be fun!

I'm looking forward to it. This will be my friend's first Celebration but I've been to every one (I mean, the ones officially called Celebrations -- was too young in 1987, lol). I think it'll be way more fun with him. My dad was a great sport and came down to Los Angeles for CIV, but really it's not his thing and he was kind of bored by it all, he wandered around with me a bit but, you know, he's not a fan. I miss my mom a lot when it comes to that because we went to the first three together and she was great fun, she really got into it, we had some fantastic memories with those. But my friend is a real Star Wars fan too, we've had a lot of Star Wars memories together, waiting in line for The Phantom Menace, waiting a day for Attack of the Clones, going up to Seattle to see AOTC at the Cinerama, he flew down to see Clone Wars in L.A. with me, etc.

20. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    If I wasn't a broke, injured college student, I'd go. I really want to visit Florida (the beaches mostly). If my luck changes, maybe I'll be able to go. But because of my physical therapy, I don't think I can make it to CV this year.

21. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    When is the next meeting?

22. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Movie screenings are our usual meetings. We're few, but we try to make the most of our gatherings. I'm trying to get people to show up for Wolfman.

23. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    I really want to see Wolfman, too. It'll depend on when & where the date is set. There were actually a lot of things we could do...except that most of us are so broke lately.

I miss our bowling dates and the times we would all just go to dinner. We used to pick some expensive restaurants, though...and most of them were lovely. I never would have gone to the Yard House or Bucca de Pepe if it weren't for LAFF. On the other hand, since we are all so broke lately...maybe we should get together some place less expensive, at least for now.

How about a group trip to the zoo, or the science museum (before they start charging)or the planetarium?

Anyone interested in Ghost Hunting? I hear Cobb Estates in Alta Dena has quite a rep.

24. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    VK2, we could do the non-Valentine's dinner and movie?

25. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    Hmn, Valentine's day this year is the Sunday before President's Day and the same day as Tet. It's sounds good to me. But, others might have plans for Valentine's Day or Tet. Any other feedback?

Guys, don't leave me along with SolJedi. He wears Star Wars Adidas and therefore must be a dork. Oops, wrong thread! (And SJ, don't be sad. I am totally joking in this last paragraph.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.