main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY New Member Ideas

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by mindtwister_138, Dec 12, 2011.

1. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Mika and I were talking the other night about the issue that we have with not really being able to accept new memberships on the boards.

I'm opening this thread up for ideas on how we can deal with the issue until the boards are fixed.

We discussed a little bit about opening up a second forum group somewhere else that does let new members be able to sign up, but I haven't done too much reasearch into that yet, and I don't want to detract from the place that makes us official.

I had the idea that we could use the Facebook LGA page to accept and communicate with new members, and use it to pass down information as well. Bulbous already does this for the meet and eats and the book clubs.

That's all I've had the opportunity to think of at the moment. Anyone have any other ideas or concerns with this?

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah, it's tough. We can recruit but if people can't post or take part in the conversations they won't feel connected. And looking at other boards we actually have one of the more active ones. I'm not a big fan of Facebook but it seems the way to go unless we want to set our own forums up someplace. Of course once we went to all the trouble they'll get this fixed :)