main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA New Member, saying Hi

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BrendonWahlberg, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    Hello Pittsburgh FanForce folks...
    my name is Brendon, and I just noticed the group on the boards. I didn't know there was any kind of fan group here in my city. That's a cool thing to find out. I got in touch with Rox, and I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 35 years old, a SW fan since 1977. I work in molecular biology research, as a technician, on things like cancer and virology. I have written SW fanfiction for eight years now, and my stories can be found in the Force.Net's fan fiction archive. I'm a collector like most fans, and I follow all of the Expanded Universe stuff. Most of my interaction with other fans has been with long distance friendships. For example, I worked with fans from different countries to locate the old SW script drafts and put them on the Starkiller web site at T'Bone Fender's site. And I'm part of a group with a mailing list calling itself the SW Fanboy Association. See? All long distance. That's why I think it might be fun to meet other fans who live where I do.

Fly casual.
    Brendon

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Cool, I see you made here to the message boards. Welcome, you must remember to follow one very important rule, HAVE FUN! :)

3. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    OMG. Brendon Wahlberg. THE Brendon Wahlberg?? OMG!!!!

//has a geek attack and faints

4. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Hey Brendon,
    glad to meet ya.So, what parts of the original trilogy(ies) have your interest?

5. jedimaster chris

jedimaster chris Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 1999
    Welcome to the fanforce......

6. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    Thanks for the welcome. So, it looks like people in the group occasionally get together for an evening or an event. That sounds good to me. I guess the next one will be discussed right here.

And Liz, wake up from that faint. I'm just another fanfic writer, OK?
    Besides the fanfic, I read all the comics, novels, magazines, RPG books, and so on. I like all the films, ESB my favorite. I keep up with the EU stuff, no matter how obscure. Stories and info are the heart of my collecting, but I have the sickness of having to hunt for those little Hasbro figures. Anybody else here feel the need to collect figures? Do people here keep an eye out for them for each other? As in, if anybody sees such and such a hard-to-find figure, can you snag it for me and I'll pay you for it?

I like the old scripts by Lucas, the John Williams music, Topps cards, and posters.
    I also think that the EU keeps SW interesting. If it was just the movies, without all that constant new material, it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. My kids like SW, and I can share the movies with them, but they have no idea how much more is out there.

I'm also a reader of epic fantasy, some SF, and I'm a more casual fan of lots of things, like B5, Trek, Superman, etc.

Brendon (still plowing through Star by Star)

7. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hiya and Welcome Brendon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.