main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New member welcome thread. Click here if you're new.

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    If you are new to this board, then welcome to the Wisconsin chapter of the Fan Force, the Milwookiee Council. Though our name implies that we are centralized in Milwaukee, we have members from all over the state. Please feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself rather than creating a new one. Below you will find some helpful information about ourselves, and about the boards.theforce.net in general. Hopefully this information will help you.

For more information about the Milwookiee Council, visit the website at www.wisconsinfanforce.org. There you will find bios about members, information about upcoming meetings and reports about past meetings.

As of now (May 26th, 2002) we are planning a meeting in June to discuss group business, but more importantly have fun with a barbecue and watch the films already available on DVD and VHS. There will be both vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes. You will find information about it in the thread titled, "Marathon Viewing."

A trip down to see Attack of the Clones at a digital theater is being planned for June 15th. Information about the trip can be found in the thread called "The digital theater debate" or something to that effect.

Some of us have also formed a collecting group where we try to help out each other finding rare items, or anything hard to find. If you would be interested, please check out the "Introducing the Collectors Guild" thread.

There is also a thread about upcoming video games. We will try to post information that we find there as well as talk about possible get togethers either in person, or online, to play the latest in Star Wars video games.

There are other threads you might enjoy such as the Star Wars Quote Game (please see the first entry to understand how it works. To view the first entry of something, click on "1" after the thread's title, and the original post will be at the top). There is also a thread about tipoffs at a Star Wars obsession, a discussion about Episode III plot ideas, and one about thoughts on Episode II.

If you see a thread about a subject, please post there rather than adding a new thread. This will not only help keep a discussion going, but it will also help keep things organized.

If you see names in purple, those are admin. They help to run the site, and can generally answer questions. The names in blue are city reps. Each chapter that is official has one. Ours is BYOB Kenobi. He helps to make sure people don't swear, troll (posting in a way to incite a flame war), or otherwise violate the rules of the board. For more information about anyone, you can click on their name. It will take you to information about them, and from there you can also send private messages or add them to watched users.

Existing members, please try to make sure this thread stays on the front page so new people can easily find it. Feel free to add information and tips to it. Hopefully it will help people out.

Dwayne

2. yoda_boba

yoda_boba Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    ME. AM. NEW!

3. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Thanks, Dwayne. :)

4. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Welcome Yoda. I hope to see you often on the boards.

5. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Thanks for the informative welcome Dwayne.

I'm new here. I've posted a few times, but only recently.

I'm in Madison, where Eric is trying to get a meeting started for those of us around here. Maybe the group we gather here can carpool to your meetings as well. Anything's possible. :)

Again, thanks for the welcome.

6. TwilightJade

TwilightJade Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    yeah, i'm new too, sorta. don't post much. i'll have to go check all those meetings in the future out. thanx for the info!

7. CheddarJedi

CheddarJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    It's high time I introduced myself. I've been posting to this forum for a couple weeks now and appreciate the insights of fellow fans from Wisconsin.

I live in Wausau, where I grew up loving everything about the galaxy far, far away. I'm hesitant to submit for membership in the Milwookie Council, as it will be tough for me to attend a minimum of three meetings per year (perhaps you could discuss this proposed requirement at the next meeting). However, I have many close friends in Milwaukee from my years at Marquette University - plus my wife is a Milwaukee native - so don't be surprised if I ask to drop in on the occational event.

I'd love to meet other fans from North Central Wisconsin to play SW Trival Pursuit, see some movies, or show off my extensive Star Wars Figure display case (boasting 360+ unique figures - most posed in scenes from the movies).

I'm grateful for the opportunity to get to know more of you through this forum. May the Force be with you.

8. Jedi_Master_Mom

Jedi_Master_Mom Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    I'm new here...from central WI...near Point. Would love to meet fans around this area. I'm a mom with 3 kids so driving any where longer then an hour will be impossible for a few years :)

9. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    welcome all you newbies. have fun looking around. now back to studying for exams.

I'll be back in full force next Tuesday which marks the end of exams and then I?ll be able to catch up on what I?ve been missing.

until then

-mike

10. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Welcome everyone! Don't worry about meetings just yet--have fun exploring the discussion boards and feel free to put in your two cents at anytime!

11. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Welcome to the boards "newbies". We do have some folks that are from far away, and if you can make a meeting we'd love to meet you, but if not, you are always welcome on the boards to chat w/fellow wisconsinites. We look forward to seeing you around here!

12. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    There seems to be some misunderstanding. You do not need to attend three meetings to be a member. All you have to do is be active on the boards and express an interest in Star Wars. We are working on getting more "councils" of the Wisconsin Fanforce active. To get a city forum active for your area, you must getpeople in your area active on the boards and then ask for a city forum for that city. Until then, you can be part of the Milwookie Council and if you can make a meeting, GREAT. If not, I have gotten to know a lot of people by just talking on the boards.

13. AFA_BOUND

AFA_BOUND Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm new. I don't think I'll be able to make any meetings, but I'll try to be as active as I can on the boards.

14. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    "I love this gorup, you guys are very kind. keep it up."

thx
    jedi kiss rock

15. mirrax

mirrax Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    posting up

16. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Posting up again.

17. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Hey all you newbies. Welcome. Trying to keep this up.

18. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Yeah, I posted before, but I'm still new since I haven't made it to any of the meetings.

Madison is working on getting a chapter going too, but so far, responses have been slow to come in.

I plan on taking part in both groups, once Madison gets going. Until then, I'll be looking forward to meeting some of you at the Marathon Viewing. :)

19. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Well if there's anything you need help with getting a group in Madison, don't be afraid to ask. I'm sure there are people here that would be part of a Madison group. Plus people here could tell you things that worked and things that didn't or share ideas.

20. Red05

Red05 Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2002
    Standing by.

This is the first Star Wars fan club I've been in since I was about 7. Back when newsletters came by mail and were typed on paper. Remember that stuff...paper.

-Red05 (Kevin)
    *Skywalker1138 is my date for the 29th meet.

21. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Welcome aboard Kevin/Red05. The only fan club I ever belonged to before this was the one you get into for subscribing to the Insider, just a plastic card. Not even the ancient paper.

Dwayne/XY Wampa

22. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    "You came in THAT thing? You're braver than I thought."

Welcome Red05!

23. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    ** Joke restraint system activated ***

24. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3