main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New member welcome thread. Click here if you're new.

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nosh_Dir85

Nosh_Dir85 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2003
  2. JediJoeMadman

JediJoeMadman Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    Howdy all,

Just joined the JC and hope to make some fellow Jedi friends. Been a long time fan of all things Star Wars (and anything Lucasfilm too) since first seeing A New Hope in 1978 (Showing my age)

I look forward to hearing from you.

JediJoeMadman

3. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Welcome aboard, Madman.

4. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Welcome to the clan, Madman!

5. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Welcome to the Wisconsin Fanforce, Joe. Are you a collector, RPG player or one who is into the books? We have a book club meeting this Sunday, March 7 if you want to come. I drive down from Sheboygan for them.

6. Aderes

Aderes Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2004
    Hi everyone,

I just joined after seeing there are so many other SW fans in SE Wisconsin. I hail from Sheboygan Falls and I've been a fan for twelve years (rather long, considering I'm only 16). I look forward to talking with everyone!

7. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Welcome to the board! :)

8. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Welcome!!!! One can never be too young or too old to be a Star Wars fan. I can't believe it, two new members from the greater Sheboygan area in one week. I have been trying for two years to find fellow fans here.

9. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
  10. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Very welcoming, Tom.

11. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah well, some people will suffer a lurker. I'm not one of them. If you look at Aderes' profile, she hasn't even been back here since she registered. So why should we waste our own server space on someone who doesn't want to participate?

12. JediJoeMadman

Feb 23, 2004
    I agree with Tom. If you're going to join one of these things, at least try to post once in a while, even if it is meaningless twaddle like we usually post. :p

13. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Point taken!!!

14. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
  15. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Fond du Lac here, not too far from the greater Sheboygan area myself. I'm mostly into EU literature and scan the literature forums now and again.

I sent a bio email from the WI FanForce webpage to the address listed a few weeks back but no reply yet. I'm afraid I won't be the most active poster here but I do check TF.net as time allows.

16. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Welcome, welcome, welcome. I am always in search of someone outside the general Milwaukee area. I am into the EU and literature but do not collect anything.

17. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Right now I am eagerly awaiting some of the Clone Wars novels but the release dates keep changing on the sites I check. I finished Survivor's Quest in record time so now I'm out of reading material.

I'm into collecting, not as much as I would like, but money only goes so far. Though most of our house is SW stuff so that is probably a good thing, we are running out of space.

Does anyone here get together outside of the Milwaukee area? I'm only an hour from Milwaukee so I don't mind driving to meet up.

18. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    We are working on getting something going but it has been slow. If you are interested in literature, you should come to the book club meetings. We are meeting at Leslie's house the Sunday after Easter. Anyone is welcome. Tracey said it is not a bad drive from her house.

19. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    One of these days I'll host a book club meeting also, then it won't be but 10 - 15 mins. for ya Racer. Leslie's, where we usually have book club meetings is only about a 20 - 25 min. drive for me here in Lomira. You are welcome to our next meeting, so please come if you can. We'd be happy to meet you! :)

20. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I second what Tracey said. You are very welcome to come. The more the merrier. Racer, you should check out the Star Wars meetups. Fondulac is listed.

21. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    That sounds like fun, what city is Leslie in? If it is such a short drive from Lomira then it can't be too far from here.

Also, what are the meetups that you mentioned Fond du Lac being listed in?

22. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Check out www.starwars.meetup.com

23. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
  24. JediJoeMadman

Feb 23, 2004
    next meetup is scheduled, tentatively, for Monday April 19 @7PM. Venue to be voted on.

25. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    JediRacer, Did u get my PM? Jus wondering! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.