New member welcome thread. Click here if you're new.

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snuggiwan76 Jedi Padawan

Yes , we do have to fix that. Joss Whedon and company are too good to
    miss out on. We own all the dvd seasons of Buffy,Angel, and Firefly, (that are currently available)and are now trying to get all the Astonishing X-men comics he is writing for. Although we missed getting issues 2 and 3......grrrr argh indeed.

I have indeed found the "temp" board. And found it to be very cool. I am planning to schedule an appearance at a trivia night at this Chumley's place in New Berlin. We will have to wait and see on that.
    And I may trek up to fond du lac...that gaming store intrigues me. And of course the chance to meet some of you all. We may have been ships in the night already any way. If any of you attended Concinnity at MSOE
    I was there a couple of times. Peter Mayhew , and The Yoga /Blue Chick from farscape year( was not blown away...sorry scapers).

Any who....hope to see some of you soon, and to become more of an official member of this group.

2. ArtooDooku Jedi Padawan

>FZZZZZZ<
    <POP!>

(fuzzy blue hologram appears. It is a human woman in her thirties with spiky hair, apparently wearing a bathrobe. Reception is bad and the image loses clarity at times.)

"Greetings from planet Oregon! Though I have been long away from my homeland of Milwaukee, I hope that this transmission reaches y.......

....will be in contact as often as I am able, although the volcanic dischar.......... akes this difficult at times. I would rather visit a board on my homeworld than out here becau...........hist............device.......curlicu..............another tragic...........bounty hunters on m..............death. Warmest regards to my brother and ...............olleagues. May the.........................you."

<FZZZZT>

end transmission.

3. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  4. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Welcome escaped mental patient.
  5. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    That has to be one of the more interesting intros I've seen here. Welcome aboard.
  6. Auraveda Jedi Master

star 4
    Apparently creativity is uncool. :/

Howdy ArtooDooku!
  7. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    She must be uncool--she's my sister.

Actually, she got most of the coolness, all of the artistic ability, and, well, the hair. I apparently got the desire to spend my days in a dimestore and hang out with nerds in my spare time. Go figure.

Hi Amy!
  8. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Amy, well if you survived living with Jason, I'm sure you'll make it here. Welcome! Are you seriously near Mt. St. Helens? I've always wanted to see a volcano explode. From a safe distance that is. (BTW, nice creative intro!)
  9. ArtooDooku Jedi Padawan

Hi! Thanks. Yep, the mountain is burping. If you like, you can visit the Johnston observatory webcam if you go here:
    (okay, lessee if I can make a link...) (yay, I can!)

http://www.oregonlive.com/volcanocam/[/url]

It's only good during the daylight, of course.

I slept through this morning's eruption because I was up all night playing Shadows of the Empire on N64. And by god, I got my flamethrower.

Xizor. how I hate the smug face of Xizor.

Yeah, so anyway, I hope it's cool that I pop in and say hi sometimes, even though I don't live in the neighborhood. I was bored with the lack of action on the ComedySportz forums this weekend and thought I'd go somewhere where people understand me when I say:

Xizor. How I hate him. Curse you, Xizor.
  10. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Amy, that link isn't working for me. I'm not a video gamer, but I'll curse Xixor for you, if you'd like.
  11. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Try this instead. Again, it's dark right now.
  12. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet. Thanks, Jason!
  13. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Xizor is quite a pile of suck. I loved that game back in the day, too. Kinda miss it now... <sniff>
  14. LauedGiind Jedi Knight

star 2
    Welcome Amy! I bet we would love to hear stories of all the embarrassing things that have happened to Jason. ;) Just kidding Jason! :)

I remember that game. I kept renting the N64 system from Blockbuster just to play it. I was lucky enough to beat it before I had to give it back.
  15. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nothing makes Jeff (or Dwayne & Marcy, or John, for that matter) tear up like video game nostalgia.
  16. TimFisto Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not really that new, but I just discovered this area.

I live on the South Side of Milwaukee.

Originally from the very small dark area northeast of Madison.

Fall River, anyone?

Anyone even heard of it?

17. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    Um, the word fall and the word river are familiar to me, but not in conjunction with each other.

Welcome to the boards, Tim!

I live in Shorewood, by the way.
  18. TimFisto Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the welcome Sy

I assure you, Fall River is a town - village actually - in south central Wisconsin. I have the diploma to prove it.

19. JediRacer8 Jedi Master

star 2
    I grew up just up the road from Fall River actually, so I know where that is. I interviewed for a job there just after college.

Welcome!
  20. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Welcome!! i know where Fall River is, too. :)
  21. TimFisto Jedi Knight

star 1

Thank you Jediracer and jedisister, for the kind words of welcome.

Ah yes Fall River. "I once was a pirate..."

Actually I once was a hick, now I'm city folk.

Happy holidays everyone!
  22. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm from Sheboygan and I am sure that Fall River can not be that bad if it has its own high school. Not like some of the places around here like Six Corners, Batavia, Mosel and Batavia.
  23. PrincessCHB Jedi Padawan

Hello All.

Just joined, well kinda rejoined--long story.
  24. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Soon you will be conjoined. [face_devil]
  25. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.