New member welcome thread. Click here if you're new.

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer8 Jedi Master

star 2
    Welcome aboard Princess :)
  2. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    BYOB_Kenobi, Chumley's Pub is right by my parents' house. Do you guys do trivia nights there often?

3. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just about every Saturday, but we're not allowed to talk about it here.
  4. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  5. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nope. There are very strict rules here regarding openly speaking of alcohol related things.
  6. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thats right.

Its mostly because of issues similar to this one that most of us have moved our conversations "off board" and onto our own site.
  7. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I see...forgive me I am used to the YJCC, where it is also forbidden but loosely enforced. Anyway, perhaps I'll make me way out to New Berlin sometime, and trounce you all as I am a SW trivia master.

:-B

8. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, I wouldn't be so arrogant, Mortimer.

The trivia game in which we participate is a general trivia game, not Star Wars specifically. Very rarely does any Sci-Fi specific question come up.
  9. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That sounds like a challenge.

10. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    lol - I think you're failing to see how this whole thing works. We all get to gether at Chumley's at around 8 on Saturdays. We all play on one team compteting with other teams for a $50 gift certificate (for first place). It really has nothing to do with Star Wars at all - we're all just trying to play well enough to get our drinks for free. We've one or places a respectable amount of times, though we did rather poorly last week.
  11. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ahh...I didn't get it at all, you are correct.

12. WolfPackLeader Jedi Padawan

Greetings all. Newbie online here. Just want to say hi.
  13. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi Wolfman. Welcome and all that from a fellow Sheboyganite. I am not involved in the Chumley's trivia because I do not live in Milwaukee but I do go down to CaptMereel's book club every month if you are a reader of SW fiction.
  14. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Meverett Jedi Knight

Hi! I'm new down here in Kenosha. just saying hey!

Mev

16. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    "Hey!" back atchya Mev!

Hope you will snoop around and join some of the conversations.

I sure wish I could. ;)
  17. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome aboard, Mev!
  18. tello999 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Someone else from Kenosha...

Greetings!
  19. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
  20. SWCostumer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi,

I just joined the main forum as I have been lurking this board for a while. 2 years back, I meet a few of the people who were starting this group but then I did not here of any activities since then. I am in Milwaukee county and I will be attending CIII in April.

Hope to see more activity in the next few months.

NM

21. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi there, uh, Costumer? I'm not sure if that's the best thing to call you... seems kinda weird. Like a bad Batman villian.

Anyway, yes, this is a very late reply. I do apologize, at least on my part. This board does not see a lot of action on it, as I'm sure you've noticed. In fact, I have no idea of even how many people come to look at this board on any semblence of a regular basis. I'll be honest and say that I don't include this board in my usual daily routine. Again, I'm sorry for the late response.

Anyway, you've hung around before (in person, meaning)? Were you at the first meeting at the Art Museum (or, in front of the Art Museum, to be more accurate)? Concinniti? Anything like that? You're profile is very bare, so please forgive the barrage of questions.

I, myself, am 31 and a full-time student going to MATC for Registered Nursing. I'm hoping to get into clinicals this fall. Then it's a two year straight schooling period before I get to graduate. Fun fun fun.

So tell us a little about yourself.
  22. SWCostumer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Better late than never.

I have been at Concinnity (the year of CII, I was in my Jedi outfit) just about every year as we know a number of the organizers.

My board name is partly what I am trying to make a living doing, making custom costumes. Currently I am making an Imperial uniform for myself, a Mon Mothma EpIII costume and a Bail Organa EPIII costume for two married friends. If time permits, a new Jawa costume, also for me.

Back a few months, I thought I should see if the local group still existed and if they ever met, had a web page, or anything else. At first the web site was being changed and then it kept sending me to these forums. I have been on the CIII section and the costumes and props section which both quite busy. I had been hoping to find out what kinds of plans people have for going to see EpIII when it comes out. I will be going to South Shore with a group of others in costume for the midnight showing and we will be "working" for the theatre (as I have done for EpI, II, way back in 1980 for EpV at Southtown and the re-releases of IV, V, VI at Southtown).

As for age, I am 47 and live in South Milwaukee.

Hope to either see more folks in these forums or find out where they have all been hiding.
  23. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Welcome. As you can see I usually only frequent the book club thread but thought, since you mentioned the lack over here, that I'd check it since I have a few minutes.

Some of us will be going to C3 in costume and I know Beret and I are in the costume contest there as well.

You are welcome to come to the book club meeting this Saturday and meet some of us. It's at my place and I will check the boards tomorrow for a PM in case you are interested and want directions.

Since we're sharing personal info, here goes...I am 46, female, live with 2 wonderful felines north of Oconomowoc and love SW and LOTR amongtst lots of other things. I usually attend Concinnity as well and will be at Filmcon 4.5/OddCon in a few weeks. For the premiere of EPIII, I will be seeing it at midnight on the Ultrascreen about 6 hours after I get back from my vacation in France!
  24. DarthLandis Jedi Padawan

I am new! Can't wait for EP III. I've been a fan sincce I was 5 when A New Hope came out!
  25. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey Darth Landis! Where are you from? thx, for dropping in and welcome! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.