main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New member welcome thread. Click here if you're new.

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe7049

joe7049 Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2005
    im guessing next autumn...

2. jcmbro

jcmbro Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2005
    I'm new!! just logged on for the first time.
    i read the welcome post.
    couldn't find anything at wisconsinfanforce.org.......only thing that showed up when i went to that site was a quote about "the lights are on but nobodys home"...or something like that.
    anyway, is there an update site to check? i'd like to possibly attend the next meeting you all might be having.

3. Blackadder1

Blackadder1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    Hi there! Welcome to the board.

There is a book club meeting - see the thread - in January. I don't know about other official meetings. Sometimes there are impromtu ones at various locations.

OT - some of those holiday pictures on the main page are disturbing. C2P0 in a girly Santa dress??? Why is Obi-Wan kissing Qui-Gon? Can I assume he's gone over to the dark side or is the victim of a rapid fangurl who enjoys the slashy stuff?

4. boltinpadfoot

boltinpadfoot Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2005
    Hey i had no idea there were so many "forcies" round here. Im over in Wales , just outside Waukesha and just wanted to let
    everyone know. Merry Christmas all

5. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Sorry for the lenghty delay in reply, Welcome and hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

6. irishnut

irishnut Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Ralph, and I just moved to the Kenosha area this past week. I am looking for fellow Star Wars fans, and collectors to meet. I found this site on the internet and wanted to know if your club is till active, does anyone play Star Wars miniatures, and any other information.

Please email me at irishnut9@aol.com

Have a Great Day

7. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Welcome Ralph! R u irish?

8. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Hi Ralph. Welcome. Sad to say that I don't know of anyone who is actively playing with miniatures.

Where were you living before moving to SE Wisconsin?

Catie

9. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Welcome Ralph, from one Kenoshan to another...

10. Blackadder1

Jul 1, 2005
    Hey Ralph!
    I live in Sturtevant (just slightly north of Kenosha). Welcome to the board.

I have a few miniatures but don't do much with them. Most of my stuff is boxed away from moving so much and our place is small. I need a new house so I can have room for my toys! Bummer.

Anyway, hope to see you around.

Lesley

11. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I should be moving to the milwaukee area soon, once I get a job (just graduated from college) in the meantime I'm in Berlin (near Oshkosh). But if I do end up moving to the milwaukee are i'd definetly be interested in group activities.

12. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Welcome Mark! You would be very welcome to join the activities, I'm sure.

Just keep on posting and let us know when you can join in.

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hi there, after years on the boards I've finally managed to make my way here. [face_blush] Figured as I've spent so much and and energy with the e-life of SW that I should also find some real life people as obsessed as I am.

14. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    You're from the milwaukee area?!? Seen you over at the fics, but didn't realize you were a local!! Welcome!

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Thanks.

Yeah, lived in Milwaukee all my life. Need to find some real life people who share my obsessive nature. It'd be nice to not have people roll their eyes at me when I talk SW... or the TF.N boards. :D :D

16. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    LOL!! Yea, know what ya mean there! We have a book club/social gathering that meets in the Ashippin/Oconomowac area usually once a month, think we're on a break now for summer or something, been ages since I've been able to go, always seems to have stuff runnin on the same weekend as that is, but hopin to go again sometime soon. Keep an eye on that thread for updates to the next meeting and perhaps you could join up with the group!

17. stealth9908

stealth9908 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    Whats up everyone im new here and just want to say sup. Mil-town born and raised here and glad to see more people here loving star wars as much as i do.

18. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Well I finally got a job. I'm working in Burlington now, so I'll be hoping to participate in some Milwaukee fan force events.

19. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Welcome! Feel free to join in anytime. Everyone is quite friendly, actually.

20. irishnut

irishnut Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Ralph... I just moved to the Kenosha area about 3 months ago. I am just starting to get my life back together after the move, and would really like to meet fellow Star Wars Fans to get together with....

21. irishnut

irishnut Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    I moved from Elmhurst, NY to Kenosha, WI....

22. irishnut

irishnut Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Is there a group that gets together or a club for lack of better terms? I really would like to meet other Star Wars fans in my area

23. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Hi there...

I'm also from Kenosha, but there isn't a big gathering on these boards for the immediate area... Or if there is, it's news to me...

Welcome thou!

24. irishnut

irishnut Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Thanks.. Do you know if there is a gathering in the Wisconsin area?

25. Blackadder1

Jul 1, 2005
    Hey there!

I'm Lesley and I live in Sturtevant, which is just north of Kenosha. There is a group of people who get together occasionally for various entertainment things. Check the book club thread too.

What sorts of SW things are you interested in? Several people like to collect stuff, some of us like costuming, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.