V.C, CA New Member Welcome Thread [version 2.0]

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arbee10 Jedi Padawan

Hey there!!

BTW, commercial is supossed to start to air the 26th on like sci-fi, g4, and some others I believe. Unfortunately, would not be able to make it Tuesday already. But I would really like to know what all you guys do? Is there a lot of people in this? Do you guys also do those other groups like the 501 and rebel group thing?

Sorry for the questions, just kind of an inquiring mind atm. :)

Thanks,
    rb
  2. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    A lot of people? Not all at once, not right now! :~)

I'm also in the Rebel Legion, and a couple of our members are talking about joining the 501st.

How did you hear about when the commercial would air?
  3. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi arbee10 and welcome. As far as what we do, we pretty much just meet once a month (usually on Saturdays) and talk about Star Wars... and everything else. It's usually a very low-key thing. We also work with other FanForces every now and then to do group events. I think the next group event we'll likely be involved in is the unofficial Star Wars Disneyland days, I think that's in June or July then after that perhaps the John Williams concert in August. Several of us are also going to Comic-Con.

I'm working on a costume right now so I can join the 501st and my girlfriend and I are going to join Rebel Legion as soon as we have pics of ourselves in costume.

We'd love to see you at a meeting. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
  4. arbee10 Jedi Padawan

Hey, guess who I saw on tv this morning? See gentlebant, you are a star now!! At least you got called early though. I was in the absolute last pairing, and didnt have much energy left in me by 700ish. Plus I think they just wanted to get it over with as they didnt really ask us much.

So yeah, I was wondering where do u get all these costumes from? I had thought about a dark jedi(kind of like ep3 annakin), and also thought how rad it would be to have an st or scout armor like those guys in the 501st. But how do you actually go about getting that stuff? I have seen sites on getting it made, but I must admit I am not exactly skilled in tailoring or any of that stuff, lol.

What costumes do you guys use? Anyways, appreciate the info. Im just a noob when it comes to all this hardcore stuff :).

-rb
  5. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going to go ahead and move this conversation to the "costumes/fanfilms" thread, since this is a sticky and it's better to keep it open to new member comments. Besides that, non-stickies are easier to work with...
  6. TK-2432 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello my name is TK-2432, I am not in the 501st costuming organization.

I live in Simi Valley, and I write fanfics. rawr.
  7. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
  8. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi and welcome TK-2432, sorry for the lag in responce, I always forget to check the stickies. Hopefuly we'll see you at a meeting soon!
  9. Nassik Jedi Knight

star 1
    I suppose that I've lived in Ventura County long enough that I ought to properly say hello. I've been a die hard Star Wars fan for years now. My interest really got dramaticly kickstarted with the release of the Phantom Menace years ago. I was a fan before that, but that movie really launched my interest into overdrive.
    I'm into the EU a lot and am a jedi fanatic, as I will unashamedly admit, and I just finished reading The Swarm War by Troy Denning. The Dark Nest trilogy was pretty good overall, I think, despite a couple of setbacks.
    I used to have a HUGE collection of Star Wars action figures, books, and a couple of other things (such as a custom built lightsaber) but my ex threw it all away after we broke up. After that I haven't had the heart to try and rebuild the collection.
    I currently reside near Oxnard and I find myself fascinated by the discovery of other Star Wars enthusiasts. I'm used to being the only SW fan that I know and so I think that it'd be cool to speak with other Star Wars fans.
  10. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Nassik! You should try to make it out to a meeting, we'd love to have a new member. I haven't read the Dark Nest Trilogy yet, it didn't look to great but I suppose I should read it sometime before that new post NJO series starts up. By the way, Dark Lord was really good, everyone should check that one out. Anyway, we'd love to meet you in person so feel free to vote on the Meeting #41 Where and When threads.
  11. Nassik Jedi Knight

star 1

Marmakecam, I followed the entire NJO series from Vector Prime and on and when I saw new books continuing the adventures of Corran Horn, Jaina, Jacen, etc. I had to read it. I, Jedi is still my favorite Star Wars novel and so I was miffed that Corran Horn doesn't ever do much anymore. I think there needs to be another novel about him. After all, a jedi lacking telekenesis obviously faces chalenges that other jedi never conceive of.
  12. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    I read the entire NJO as well, I'm a big fan of Jacen so I'll have to read Dark Nest eventually. We have another member of the VCFF who's a big Corran fan, I'm not a huge fan of his but he's cool. I Jedi was really interesting, the only first-person Star Wars novel, also half the story was just the Jedi Academy Trilogy from another persons point of view which was really interesting.
  13. OpheliaRedgrave Jedi Knight

star 1
    i am NEWWW
    please welcome me...
    sticky?
  14. Jedi-Jackie Jedi Padawan

Hello everyone! I just moved into the area from St Louis and I was hoping to join your group. :) Are you all excited for CIV?
  15. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi and welcome! I know I'm more than excited for CIV, it's going to be awesome going to a Celebration and not having to skip half the presentations to avoid spoilers!

If you're interested we have a meeting this Thursday at 6:00 at PF Chang's in Thousand Oaks. For all the info and to RSVP check out the thread called "~~~Meeting 45: TOA~~~". Hope to see you soon!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.