main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question New member with a question...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by robert33823, Nov 5, 2012.

1. robert33823

robert33823 Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2012
    Hello everyone, my name is Robert and I'm a long time fan of Star Wars. I just signed up as a new member today in fact. I have a question though, I'm currently in a journalism class in college and have to write a few news stories. Obviously, George selling Lucasfilm to Disney came to mind. I really wanted to hear what true Star Wars' fans felt about the Disney deal and the upcoming new movies. My question is, where would the proper place be to post the questions I'd like to ask?

2. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Hi!
    I think starting a thread in community would be okay. I also have written an article about the Disney-Lucasfilm acquistion, and I PMed several staff (because the title sounds more credible than a random username). However, I think some people will also reply here, which should be fine, because this is your "newbie thread".
    My personal opinion is that the saga was fine the way it was.

robert33823 likes this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Adalia-Durron and robert33823 like this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Community actually is a Star Wars-free zone. I would try the Episode 7 forum, which is where the discussions about the upcoming movies are based. Good luck!

robert33823 likes this.
  5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I agree with Episode 7 board is the best place to go. You'll find a thread or at least some posts about that news at other boards as well (like FanForce Community - there you can read my opinion for example), but Episode 7 board is the place to go. :)

Welcome btw! :D I hope you'll like it here and stay longer than expect or plan at the moment. :)

robert33823 likes this.
  6. STARWARSDOCTOR

STARWARSDOCTOR Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2013
    HELLO

[edit: advertising]

7. Crystalia

Crystalia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 24, 2013
    SWC has had many of these types of threads you speak of,

you might get a few answers in there

also check out

Lucasfilm LTD indepth disscussion aswell.

There are threads that cover this.

8. Master Mini 907

Master Mini 907 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2013
    I think that selling Star Wars to Disney was a bad idea because Disney has no experience with Star Wars so letting them make 3 more Star Wars films could be bad. However, Lucasfilm may not have made anymore films so it may be good that Disney is making some more. If they stay true to Star Wars then it's alright that they've sold Star Wars to Disney.