Provo New Member

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sprry75, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Sprry75 Jedi Padawan

Cool. I had seen the starwarsutah.com website, but I didn't know there was something like this going on. I usually post on the RebelScum forums under this same name.

Anyway, I thought I'd just say hi. I saw what I'm guessing was most of you guys when Ep. I came out on DVD at the Media Play in Orem. I live in Provo, I'm a law student at BYU.
  2. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Sprry75,

Welcome to the group! It's always great to have new people.

Welcome! :D
  3. Toran-Kal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Welcome. Maybe we'll see you at some of out activities???

Good to have you.
  4. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    Welcome to the group! I look forward to meeting you at an activity.
  5. Jedi-Katia Jedi Padawan

I'm new here too, but I decided not to start another topic for it since there seem to be so many.

So, hi! :D

I actually live in Orem, but I'm hoping to move to Provo and start going to BYU in about six months.
  6. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, more is better. This way, we might even get to organize a Provo TF.N Fan Film production agency. I thougth for the longest time that I was alone here, It wasn't until a few days ago that I knew there was a PROVO message board!
  7. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, the Provo fanforce production agency doesn't really have a catchy ring to it...
    But if you guys want you can join Domestic Light & Magic (DLM). I've been doing stuff under that name for about 5 years.
  8. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Master

star 3
    Spoo,

Do you have a web address for stuff that DLM has done?

9. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    So what if it doesn't have a catchy name to it, it's the Idea that counts.

I've been going by "Knights Media Group" for some time myself.
  10. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Ryan-
    No, I don't have a working website. I can't do websites, it's not one of my strengths.
    And unfortunately, most of my old SFX tests were done on a really old mac, which for some reason don't work on my PC (it says it's not a valid quicktime file. If anyone knows how to fix this please PM me).
    Fightsaber will be out soon =)
    And none of my stuff says DLM or anything, that's just what I called my SFX 'company'.
  11. WhitelightX Jedi Padawan

Hey, I'm a student at BYU and didnt even know any of this existed until today. I'm big SW fan and would love to get in on any fanfilm you are working on.

Also, a bunch of my freinds all play the d20 SW RPG, and I GM, so if anyone is interested, feel free to drop me a line at MatteoPHX@hotmail.com
  12. Toran-Kal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey welcome to the group Whitelight!! Do you think you'll be able to make it to our activity on Saturday? I hope so. Its always good to have new people, and there has been a ton lately?

So what's your major? I also go here to BYU and my major's computer animation.

Its good to have you!! :D
  13. WhitelightX Jedi Padawan

My major (for now) is PoliSci, although I will probably transfer after my mission to go to film school at USC.

Im going to try and make it Saturday, but I dont have a car right now, so it may be tough. I guess we'll see what happens. If I do go, however, I'll try and bring along a couple of my freinds. See you around.
  14. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey Spoo,

I'm pretty good with the web so if you want I can help out with figuring out how to get your files hosted. Unfortunately, I'm not as slick with non-working quicktime movies. If you send them to me or something, maybe I can see whats up. What I would really hope/recommend is that you perhaps approach Handyman with the question about your quicktime files not playing. (hint hint Handyman)

Anyway...
  15. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Guys,

Hosting is not an issue. If anyone here in this forum wants a webpage, I can host it for you free at http://www.starwarsutah.com. :cool:

Now, Spoo, as for your non-working Quicktime file, it was probably encoded with a 3rd party codec that you don't have installed on your PC. If you want, I can convert it for you to Sorrenson 3 which is fully compatible with the base install of Quicktime 5.02.

Later,
  16. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay! But how do you know that you've got the codec I used? Back then I just picked one off the list.
    These files don't even work on a Mac...

How do I get the files to you for you to convert them?
  17. _JediKnight_ Jedi Master

star 2
    I just found out about this site today (I've been trying to find one). I hope I will be able to come to an activity sometime.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.